Etsy is a popular e-commerce website that acts as a gateway for buyers and sellers much like eBay. In contrast to eBay, however, Etsy deals with mostly handmade products and vintage items. Some of the products that can be found listed on Etsy are home décor, handmade bags, toys, items of artistic value like paintings and pottery, and furniture. The vintage items that are listed on Etsy must be at least 20 years or older to fall under that category.
It is not possible to make payments for items purchased on Etsy by Afterpay or After Pay Cards. As of January 2022, Etsy does not support Afterpay as a valid payment method for customers in the United States or its territories and those who have to make payments for their purchases must use alternative payment methods like credit or debit cards. As Etsy acts as an intermediary between the customer and seller, BNPL payment methods are acceptable to it. Etsy does, however, support Apple Pay and Google Pay as valid payment methods.
The purpose of this article is to inform the reader about alternative payment methods that Etsy accepts and other similar e-commerce companies that do accept Afterpay as a valid payment method.
Services Offered by Etsy and Terms and Conditions
Etsy offers a large variety of services to its customers. It lets sellers list their items on the website for sale along with the descriptions and instructions on how to use them in case of novel items. A seller may also offer digital art and the templates associated with it. A customer may use Etsy to find an artist who can draw a logo for a company that the customer is looking to launch. Pieces of jewelry, décor, furnishing, and clothes with novel designs are also offered. The customer may sort the items based on price, special offers available, and categories of items.
Etsy has some terms and conditions for its sellers. Some of them are:
- The seller must be at least 18 years of age or older,
- The seller must be a citizen of the United States.
- The seller must have all the requirements needed for entering into a legally binding contract.
- The seller must immediately dispatch an item after a transaction is made.
Alternative Payment Methods
While Etsy does not accept Afterpay, it does offer a large range of payment methods for its customers. The following is a list of payment methods that are acceptable to Etsy.
- Etsy allows buyers to make payments by credit or debit cards to the seller.
- It also allows bank transfers from the buyer to the seller’s bank account for making payments.
- PayPal is also acceptable for making payments but only in the regions allowed in the United States territory.
- Apple Pay and Google Pay are also accepted.
- Quad pay and Klarna may also be acceptable.
- Etsy Gift Cards and Etsy Coupons may also be applicable on one or more purchases.
- Etsy Payments has been created exclusively for use on the platform and using it for making payments usually gets the customer a discount or a better deal.
- Some country-specific installment payment methods are also applicable while carrying out transactions.
There are more methods to make a payment on Etsy and the complete list of acceptable payment methods may be found on: https://www.etsy.com/legal/etsy-payments/
Alternative Platforms Like Etsy That Accept Afterpay
There are many e-commerce companies like Etsy that deal in handmade items and clothes and accessories that accept Afterpay. The following is a list of some companies that accept Afterpay as a valid payment method:
- Bing Lee
- Johnny Bigg
Etsy offers different kinds of products to the buyers and while it has a versatile payment method, due to the nature of Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) services, it does not offer Afterpay services to its customers. An individual seller cannot use its interface for accepting payments from the buyer. Etsy does, however, support other BNPL service payment methods to its customers because of official tie-ups and cooperation deals.
In Australia, one may use Afterpay with Etsy but in the United States, there is no announcement of Afterpay being added to their list of acceptable payment methods. While alternative websites for renting services and buying vintage items do exist, Etsy is a popular choice for the majority of customers looking to make purchases. If Etsy does add Afterpay to the list, the announcement will be made public so that every customer finds about the update.
Q1. Does Etsy accept Klarna?
A1. Yes, it is possible to buy something on Etsy with Klarna Checkout.
Q2. Does Etsy accept Quad pay?
A2. Yes, Etsy accepts Quad pay as an acceptable payment method.
Q3. How long does an Etsy Coupon last?
A3. Every Etsy coupon is valid until it has been used or canceled by the purchasing party.