“Call Roto-Rooter, that’s the name, and away go troubles down the drain” is the catchphrase used by America’s most famous neighborhood plumbing company. It provides plumbing repair and sewer services both to residential and fiscal customers. From showers and water heaters to septic tanks and sewers, the team solves all kinds of plumbing problems. Roto-Rooter considers themselves a part of the community. This makes them attentive to the customers’ needs and quick service providers. Here, let’s know ‘Does Roto-Rooter replace sewer lines?’
Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain Cleaning is an accredited company that has received an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Trust and experience are crucial for Roto-rooter, and hence, plumbers at Roto-Rooter are certified and insured. Working nationwide, the company provides its customers with nothing less than the best assistance. The plumbers have the tools and proficiency required to fix any issue. This avoids further damage and difficulty.
The team examines the sewer system and decides upon the best solution. Also, Roto-Rooter works on a flat rate basis. The pricing depends on the severity of the clog, drain accessibility, and location of the blockage. The price for supervision is included in the unclogging cost. Roto-Rooter has you covered when it comes to repairing the sewer lines efficiently and getting rid of the begrudging smell.
The sewer line replacement services are beneficial to remedy:
- Broken or crumbled pipes – damaged sewer lines due to expanding and contracting soil, hard and frozen ground, or settling.
- Blockage –sewer lines might be blocked due to an extraneous body obstructing proper flow or due to the buildup of grease or debris. When the lines are blocked, drains may back up into a basement or paved surfaces or empty slowly.
- Corrosion – the sewer pipe might have retrogressed which would in turn cause parts of the pipe to collapse.
- Leaking joints – the fastening between pipes might have been battered. This would allow water to escape into the surrounding area.
- Bellied pipe – a portion of the sewer pipe is sunken due to certain soil conditions. This results in the accumulation of waste and paper.
- Roots invading the sewer line – tree roots have taken over the sewer pipe. This hinders the cleaning of the pipe.
- Off-grade pipe – current pipes are constructed of second-rate or deteriorated material.
Expenses of Replacing a Sewer Line
Replacement expenses can range from $3,500 to $20,000, depending on the extent of damage, and a couple of other factors.
Different Methods used to Replace Sewer Lines
Some of the prevalent replacements performed by Roto-Rooter are:
- Traditional method or the Trench method:
The “trench” method is used to gain access to the damaged segment of the pipe by digging huge trenches. The excavation process involves exposing the current pipe, removing the damaged section, installing a new portion of the pipe, and finally filling the trench. This is a very cumbersome process and causes a lot of disruption.
- Trenchless method:
Trenchless sewer pipe replacement is handy when you want to avoid the wrecking of land and the prices akin to excavation and tearing up the landscape, and landfilling. It is considerably less risky to other systems close to the damaged pipes.
Pipe bursting is a type of trenchless method. In this method, tiny access holes are made to locate the damaged pipe. A hydraulic pipe bursting machine pulls a full-sized replacement pipe through the initial path and cracks up the old pipe simultaneously. The new sewer pipe that is used has highly resistant properties against leaks, root invasion and has a prolonged life expectancy.
Pipe bursting can be used for the following:
- Water mains
- Sewer laterals
- When using trenches is dangerous
Roto-Rooter is the largest provider of plumbing repairs, sewers, and drain cleaning services in both the U.S. and Canada. Its elementary work entails plumbing, unclogging, and repairing sewers and drains for residential and commercial clients. It also provides a full range of sewer services, including sewer line repair, sewer line replacement, and sewer line cleaning. Roto-Rooter Plumbing and Water Cleanup are highly rated for compensation and benefits. With state-of-the-art equipment and dedicated and friendly workmen, the company does a remarkable job in attending to the needs of the customers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How often do you need to avail of Roto-Rooter’s services?
Ans: It is advised to get Roto-Rooter to oversee your pipes and sewer lines every 18 to 22 months.
2. What are flat rates?
Ans: Flat rates mean that a company charges a fixed price structure for a specific service irrespective of any circumstances. These rates do not change.
3. Is trenchless sewer line replacement better than the traditional method?
Ans: Yes, trenchless sewer line replacement is better as it causes lesser damage than the traditional sewer line repair approach. Only small holes are required to gain access and complete the repair. This method facilitates minimal damage to the surrounding environment.