If you are planning on having a little renovation project in your home that involves the use of tile, you might be looking for the best way to have your tile cut. Well, read on to discover how you can get your file cut at zero fees.
As long as the tile was purchased from Lowe’s, you can get it cut free of charge. All you need to do to get them to cut the tile for you is to present the receipt, and also indicate with a pencil the line you want them to cut. However, you need to know that Lowe’s can only make straight-line cuts on tiles.
What kind of Tile does Lowe’s Cut?
You should remember to check if the type of Tile you have is acceptable for cutting at Lowe’s. The kind of Tile Lowe’s cut includes; marble tile, glass tile, and all types of tile available at their store. If you bring in a tile that was not purchased at Lowe’s, it will be rejected due to store policy.
Why should I get my tile cut at Lowe’s?
There are a lot of reasons you should get your tile cut at Lowe’s after purchasing it from the store. Some of them are;
Getting your tile cut at Lowe’s requires no cost since you already had it purchased at their store. The cutting can be seen as a form of extra service offered to customers after they purchased tile from them. So isn’t it better to save yourself some money and have it cut at Lowe’s?
Lowe’s have the right tools needed for the cutting of tile, little wonder they waste no time in getting the job done. All that is needed is for you to mark on the tile the place you want to cut and wait for them to get it done.
They are cut by professionals
The tile is cut by employees who have undergone training in that line of work. They have lots of experience in cutting tile, this is why it is easier and faster for them to do the job. Compared to you with little or no experience in handling the tools used in cutting the tile, you break a tile in the process of trying to cut it by yourself or worse, get yourself injured. This is why it is better to have it cut for you by the tile experts.
How do I get my Tile Cut at Lowe’s?
Steps involved in cutting a tile at Lowe’s include;
- First, you’ll need to have your measurements ready before buying the tile.
- Purchase the tile you want; you can go for a marble or glass tile depending on what you want.
- After purchase, talk to an associate about getting the tile cut according to the measurements you took earlier.
- Lowe’s only performs straight cuts; there’s no curve or angled cuts. So if you are not looking to have a straight cut, then Lowe’s isn’t the place for you.
- Next is to have your tile cut and ready for use.
- Although Lowe’s will cut your tile for you, they do not always give a 100 finish cut, there might still be some trimming needed to get the time to fit in properly. This is why many people often opt for cutting their tile themselves. All they need is to learn how it is done and rent tools at the store.
If you are looking to cut your tile yourself, you can always buy a tile cutter or rent at Lowe’s. A tile saw costs around $21 for four hours. The longer you use it, the longer the rental rate increases. So ensure you are ready to cut the tiles before attempting to rent the tools. If you want to learn more about Lowe’s rental policy, you can check www.lowes.com.
How to Cut the Tile by Yourself?
Tools you should get are; tile nippers, tile file, tile cutter, coping saw, and a carbide-tipped masonry bit.
- Use the tile nippers to remove small pieces of tile from all the corners. This tool can also be used to shape tiles.
- Next is to smoothen the edges using a tile file.
- The tile cutter will then be used to make smaller pieces.
- In case you have a tile that is soft or you want to cut irregular shapes, you can use a coping saw to cut your tiles.
- The next step will be to use a carbide-tipped masonry bit to protect the tile from breaking while drilling.
Other stores, you can get your tile cut
Stores like Building Supply Warehouse, and local hardware stores. You can also hire a tile contractor to help you get the work done.
Lowe’s through their tile cutting services has made it easier for customers to cut tile after purchase from their store. The store offers customers free and fast tile cutting services. This is a good way of improving their customer relationship.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does it cost to cut tile at Lowe’s?
Lowe’s does not charge for its tile cutting services. It’s free.
2. Does Lowe’s do angle cut?
Lowe’s only offers straight cuts for tile.