The Internet has become such an essential part of your life, that it must be impossible to imagine life without it. One of the most frustrating aspects of having an internet connection is its slow speed- the fact that your lives are moving at such a fast pace, it seems that your internet speed must align with it, too. HughesNet aims to solve this problem only! It provides high-quality and high-speed internet services that help you maintain your connection with the world. The topic is HughesNet Compatible Modem.
Compatible Modems Provided by HughesNet
Some of the compatible modems offered by HughesNet are mentioned below.
- NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit Router R7000: The features of this modem are three antennas that help in giving efficient date traveling and 5GHz band performance that helps in enhancing your experience. This is one of the best wireless modems that HughesNet provides for high-speed internet coverage. The price of this device ranges from $60 to $70. However, some of the cons are that its performance is slower than others and there are no parental controls provided by the web interface.
- Apple AirPort Express Base Station: If you possess an Apple device, then this should be the most compatible of the modems for you. This modem offers dual-band performance to offer more internet coverage and provides safe and secure browsing. Nevertheless, it lacks a web interface, is very expensive when compared to other such devices, and is only compatible with Apple devices.
- Linksys N300 Wi-Fi Wireless Router (E1200): If you are looking for a device that offers parental controls, then this is the one for you. Cisco Connects parental controls are there so you can avail maximum security. The device provides a data transferring speed of 300Mbps so you can complete your tasks on time. As compared to other models, the device is quite easy to install and very budget-friendly! However, the device does not feature any USB port and can only operate on a single band.
- ASUS RT-AC68U Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router: This modem offers smart multitasking by providing 1 GHz dual-core and is quite known for its high-speed internet coverage. If you wish to buy it online from Amazon, you must be aware of the price- the device is priced at $127.79. Nevertheless, after going through the customer reviews it is clear that the device is below average and a bit pricey.
- NETGEAR AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router R-6400-100NAS: This device also offers a dual-band to enhance your internet experience. It supports WAN and LAN devices and provides open VPN support. Besides, you can avail yourself of Firewall protection to secure your network from vulnerability. With a classy design, you can easily get this modem from Amazon for $102.95. Some of the drawbacks of this device are the fact that it offers a single USB port and its Wi-Fi performance is not impressive.
What are the Plans that HughesNet Offers?
Now that you have looked at the various types of modems that are compatible with HughesNet, let us move ahead and comprehend what types of plans are provided by HughesNet:
- Flexi Time INET Plan: HughesNet broadband plans are designed in such a way that it adheres to the needs of people whose daily usage is spread across the day (8 AM to 8 PM), evening (8 PM to 11 PM), and night (11 PM to 8 AM). If you are in dire need of the internet during the evening and night, you can avail either a 25% or a 50% discount! You can schedule your daily routine downloads to nighttime to get better benefits in terms of speed.
- Pay Per Use INET Plan: If you want to pay as per your usage, then you can get this 1Mbps service plan. It does not have any GB packs and once you subscribe, you have to pay by the end of the month according to your data usage.
- Committed and Open Plans: The committed plans, as the name suggests, ask for a commitment of either 3, 6, or 12 months. With these plans, you can get the advantage of a lower monthly payment and much better support. The brand also offers various eye-catching campaigns for new subscribers to opt for one of these committed plans.
Open plans, on the other hand, have the upper hand in terminating your service contract any time by giving you one month’s notice beforehand.
One thing that is constant in all HughesNet’s plans is that when it comes to the performance of your laptop or computer, it depends on various factors such as the number of users, local firewall settings, load on the application server, local LAN configuration, and many more. These factors are not in control of HughesNet.
Because of the lurking pandemic, the culture of work from home has become the norm nowadays. To complete your work or college tasks from the comfort of your home, you need to have a high-speed internet connection that also guarantees safe browsing among other benefits. There are certain devices mentioned above that are compatible with HughesNet’s plans, and you can decide which one would suit you best!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does HughesNet cost?
HughesNet’s 10 GB plan is priced at $59.99 per month, the 20 GB plan is priced at $69.99 per month, the 30 GB plan is priced at $99.99 per month and the 50 GB plan costs $149.99 per month.
- How to access HughesNet’s router?
Set the router’s default LAN gateway, connect the modem to the router’s port, open the web browser and enter the router’s IP address password.