Royal Dutch Shell, also commonly known as Shell is a multinational oil and gas company headquartered in The Hague, Netherlands. It is the world’s largest energy company, with more than 87,000 employees in about 70 countries. Let’s have a look at the Shell Loyalty Program
They work together to power progress through solutions that are both cleaner and more. Shell retails over 40 million customers at over 45,000 service stations every day. Shell is a company with a long history that has been around for over 100 years.
The company has been involved in several different industries over the years, but its focus since the 1960s has been on oil and gas exploration and production.
Shell Go+ Loyalty Program
Shell is one of the first energy companies to launch a loyalty program. The Shell Go+ Loyalty Program is an exclusive loyalty program that rewards customers with points for their purchases. The points can be used to buy products at Shell gas stations or other retail outlets.
The Shell Go+, which was launched in 2014 is an exclusive Shell app that allows customers to earn points by filling up their cars with gas, shopping at participating Shell stations, and scanning their receipts. These points are redeemable against your next fuel or retail purchase or can be transferred to your Shell card or redeemed as cash via PayPal.
You can use the earned points to buy goods at any participating store, including Tesco, Caffe Nero, Costa Coffee, and many more. The points earned can also be used for future purchases or exchanged for gift cards or other prizes.
Benefits of the Loyalty Program
Apart from the points, the other benefits which the customers get as a part of the program are:
- Avail 10% discount on food ranges using deli2go or Jamie Oliver Deli ranges.
- Get a discount of 10% on every Costa Express and Shell hot beverage.
- On every 10th visit, the customer would earn rewards such as 3 pounds discount per 300 ml of fuel purchased.
- Discount of 10% on Helix Motor Oil’s lubricant offerings.
- Avail a 10% discount on the Shell shine and quick car wash.
The Shell Go+ app lets you search for gas stations with the Shell logo. It also displays the price of gas at each station, so you can find the cheapest one near you.
Applying for the program
Anyone can sign up for the loyalty program. Simply, download the Shell app or sign up for the Go+ program on the Shell website. Here is how the Shell Go+ program operates for the customers after they sign up:
Step-1: Visit the Shell shop and do a minimum transaction of 10 euros for purchasing oil. You can also spend an additional 2 euros in the Shell shop for purchasing things other than fuel.
Step-2: While you visit the store, you must scan either of the three:
- Shell Go+ app.
- Shell Go+ Card.
- Shell key fob.
Step-3: Earn rewards, such as 10% of on food and hot beverages, and a 10% discount on fuel for every 10 visits to name a few.
Step-4: Activate and redeem your rewards at your convenience and necessity.
The procedure of activating Shell Go+ rewards
If you aim to activate and redeem your Go+ reward points, follow the given steps:
- Go to the Shell Go+ website and log in to your account.
- Click on the “Your Rewards” option.
- Scroll and click on the reward that you would like to redeem when you make your next purchase. Then simply click on the toggle box located at the right side of the “redeem now” option. The toggle box would then turn yellow, suggesting activation of your selected reward.
- It is advisable to activate all your rewards so that upon your next visit to the Shell store, the reward with the earliest expiry is automatically redeemed for you. If expiry dates are the same, then the most valuable reward would get applied.
- At last, you must scan your card or app in the Shell store while you pay for your performed transaction.
Shell’s loyalty program is a great example of how a company can use AI to provide the best customer experience The Shell Go+ Loyalty program is a great way for customers to save money on gas and other items at the station. The company has been able to use AI to offer these different programs because they have so much data from their customers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do all the Shell sites around the world have the Shell Go+ Loyalty program?
Almost all the stations of Shell are participating in its Shell Go+ loyalty program. However, some of the stations have not yet joined the program. Visit the Shell Go+ website to check the availability of Shell Go+ near you.
Is it possible to use multiple rewards for a single transaction?
Yes! You can redeem a total of 3 rewards on a single transaction if the transaction includes products belonging to different groups. For example, a transaction that includes a coffee offer, fuel, and sandwich. However, you can only use one fuel reward for one transaction.