Have you ever felt that your home is not as welcoming as it should be? Or that you wished you had the time to improve your place’s decoration? Well, perhaps shopping at Muji can help you resolve these issues. After all, Muji is one of the best places where to find aesthetic furniture, stationery, and home decor. Nevertheless, having multiple options where to shop is better than having only one, so let’s talk about other stores that are like Muji!
Four stores are there for you in case you are willing to try something different than Muji. They are Jinen, Danish Design Store, Artifox, and Ferm Living. If you’ve never heard any of these names, this article will tell about the products you can buy there and more!
Muji, also known as Ryohin Keikaku Co., is a retailer specializing in selling household products. Muji follows a Japanese design philosophy of minimalism. Likewise, the store focuses on recycling, reducing waste, and even implements a no-brand strategy.
Although when Muji started, in 1980, it only sold 40 products, now it sells more than 7,000, all for very reasonable prices. Muji also operates 1029 locations across the world. Countries with more Muji stores are Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, the United States, China, and Thailand. The first time Muji entered the American market was in 2007. Ever since then, it has rapidly gained popularity among people, who can’t help but fall in love with Muji’s essence.
The main product categories at Muji are stationery, furniture, home, apparel, travel, health, and beauty, as well as food (which features the Kuze Kuzu foods, inspired by Nagano gourmet cuisine).
Why Do People Shop At Muji?
Muji is a charming store that wins a special place in your heart because of its product variety and its minimalistic design. However, there are more benefits to say about Muji which are important to consider before looking for store alternatives. For example:
- Muji counts with a loyalty program; by becoming a member you can earn and accumulate points for simple activities such as following Muji on social media.
- You can Mix & Match products for special prices.
- Muji features a clearance section along with a “price reduction” section.
- At Muji, every order over $100 applies for free shipping.
- Muji manages multiple shipping services that suit your needs and the price range of your orders.
- Muji can ship even to P.O. boxes.
- Most products can be shipped to Canada, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Alaska.
- Except for furniture, food, and innerwear (which are considered final sale), all products can be returned within 30 days after purchase or delivery.
- All refunds are made in the form of the original payment too.
- Online-purchased items can apply for an in-store return.
This being said, you’re ready to learn about stores where you can shop instead of Muji and still get a premium experience.
A Store Alike: Jinen
Jinen is an online store also inspired by Japanese tradition and manufacturing techniques. The store believes in the improvement of life through well-made items, so it offers products that match great craftsmanship and an ideal price.
Jinen features more than 60 brands, each of which shapes One’s identity. You can shop from this broad variety by choosing any of the three major product categories: home (furniture, decor, and office), kitchen (dinnerware, drinkware, and kitchen tools), and outdoor (garden and accessories).
- Orders over $150 get free shipping.
- If you’re a blogger, part of the press, or media, you can join Jinen’s affiliate program to earn commissions by promoting the store.
- Jinen doesn’t ship internationally.
- The store ships via USPS and UPS.
- Like at Muji, you have up to 30 days after purchase to return any product, but it must be unused and have original packaging.
- You can choose between getting your money back or getting a refund in form of store credit.
A Store Alike: Danish Design Store
Unlike Jinen and Muji, Danish Design Store focuses on Danish-designed furniture. From classic designs of Wegner and Jacobsen to the current styles featured by Danish furniture can be found here. Danish Design Store believes that buying from them is a lifetime investment, that’s why you always get the right assistance at the store.
The store’s departments are dining, living, office, outdoor, lighting, kitchen, home decor, kids, and accessories. Besides, you can shop by brands or designers.
- Danish Design Store provides additional discounts and purchasing privileges to architects and professional designers.
- You can start saving at the store by subscribing to its newsletter.
- The store features promotional, outlet, and overstock sales to save on multiple gorgeous items.
- Danish Design Store offers four types of delivery that suit the order’s price and additional requirements (assembly, unpacking, etc.), although there’s a flat shipping fee of $9.99.
- The store ships international orders.
- Since the Danish Design Store manages both custom orders and in-stock orders, only the latter can be returned.
- If your item applies for a return, you can return it within the same range of time offered at Muji and Jinen. However, a 20% restocking fee will be deducted from your refund.
A Store Alike: Artifox
Artifox aims to combine pleasantness and functionality by selling high-quality products that not only work as they should; they also look beautiful in your home. The style pursued by Artifox is also minimalistic, as they believe that a minimal lifestyle brings peace and clarity to customers.
Collections available at Artifox are desks, tables, accessories, shelves, lighting, and bike racks. The Walnut desk is the best selling product here, which is meant to create your perfect workspace; it is made from satin-finished walnut hardwood and costs $1,990, besides it is available in three different colors.
- The store allows customers to make monthly payments.
- Every Artifox purchase comes with a 1-year warranty.
- You can apply to be an affiliate and serve as Artifox’s brand ambassador, publisher, or content creator. By becoming an affiliate you don’t only gain commissions, you also get early access to new merchandise and enjoy extra promotions.
- Artifox employs efficient packaging so your products can be easily assembled when they arrive at your door.
- The delivery carrier used by Artifox is FedEx.
- If you wish to return any item, you must notify Artifox within 10 days after purchase.
- You should also use a return shipping label provided by Artifox to proceed with your return.
A Store Alike: Ferm Living
Ferm Living is motivated to create calm environments full of honest products. This store is based in Copenhagen, but it works alongside multiple designers from all around the world. Ferm Living’s collections are made with rich textures, soft forms, global traditions, and sustainable processes.
Departments of products on sale are green living, lighting, furniture, wallpaper, kitchen, rugs, textiles, kids, accessories, and decorations.
- You can buy instantly and pay later with Klarna.
- Ferm Living’s website provides assistance to take care of your products depending on the materials they’re made of.
- Every product manual and product fact sheet can be consulted anytime at the store’s website.
- Ferm Living ships internationally, but it doesn’t deliver to P.O. boxes.
- You have up to 14 days after purchase to cancel your order AND return it. Otherwise, the right of cancellation is invalid.
- In case you choose to return only part of an order, you can apply for a partial cancellation; by following this type of return, freight charges are not refunded.
As you can see, not one of these stores offers the same as the other; they offer unique designs and thus, they can’t be compared in the same way. Instead, you can picture the price difference according to examples of similar products sold by these five stores.
- A stool approximately costs:
- Miju’s Polypropylene Stackable Stool costs $34.90.
- Jinen’s Hinoki Sauna Stool costs $125.
- Danish Design Store’s Roger stool (made with Suar wood) costs $253.30.
- Ferm Living’s Oblique stool (made of oak) costs Є229 or $253.51.
- Artifox doesn’t sell stools.
- A shelf approximately costs:
- Miju’s Sus Oak Shelf Additional Shelf costs $89.
- Danish Design Store’s Shelf- Wood Wall costs $153.
- Artifox’s Wall Shelf costs $110.
- Ferm Living’s Sector Shelf – Single-Wide costs Є149 or $164.
- Jinen doesn’t sell shelves.
- A basket approximately costs:
- Muji’s Stainless Steel Laundry Basket costs $49.90.
- Jinen’s Saito Wood Basket costs $150.
- Danish Design Store’s Restore Basket costs $123.25.
- Artifox’s Large Basket costs $28.
- Ferm Living’s Ceramic Large Basket costs Є79 or $87.46
In sum, Muji is definitely less expensive than the other stores, which is part of its charm. Nevertheless, Artifox also offers really reasonable prices. In contrast, Jinen, Danish Design Store, and Ferm Living have higher prices but notice that these stores focus on bringing other cultures’ design traditions to people’s living rooms, which is understandably more expensive since it’s directed to a smaller customer segment.
Muji is a store highly attractive to people who wish to create a more welcoming space in their homes. Although there is no other store that offers the same as Muji, there are alternative stores that offer you the chance of revolutionizing your home by implementing extraordinary designs. In case you’re willing to try something absolutely new for your home and are not reluctant to spend a little more on it, now you have more than one place to visit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Muji accept Apple Pay?
Yes, Apple Pay is one of the accepted payment methods at Muji.
Which of these stores accept PayPal?
The five stores mentioned in this article accept PayPal.