Everyone loves to get products of the best quality. But, what surpasses buying quality products is getting them at affordable prices. It’s a downer to purchase a product only to discover that you could have gotten that same product at an even cheaper price. Thankfully, retail stores, like Target, have a price match policy. let’s find out whether or not Does Target price match?
The big-box department store price matches with its competitors and Target itself (if you’re a Target store customer, you can get a price match with a better online price on Target.com and vice-versa). Now the question is, what is Target’s price match policy?
Target’s price match policy
Target does its best to ensure its customers have the best shopping experience, providing them with great deals at any time they want to shop. Target offers a price match policy to its customers so they get their desired products at prices they’re content with. Here’s their price match guarantee.
- If you buy a commodity from a Target store but then find the same item at a cheaper price on Target’s website or other retail store competitors ( whether online or local store) you can get a price match.
- Target will agree to your request for a price match anytime within 14 days of your original purchase date. You must ensure you have with you the evidence of the lower price.
The guidelines and limitations
- The price for an item must be valid and visible at the time of the price match. If Target cannot verify the price, your request may be declined.
- The items compared must be identical. You can’t go price matching an apple with a watermelon. The items must have the same properties and model number.
- The item must be available for shopping at the time of price match for accepted online competitors.
- Any offer found on deal websites will be validated at the retailer’s primary website and must satisfy all other price match criteria.
- You must take with you an entire price ad, or show the online price on your smartphone for proof of price.
- Target matches with Target.com prices on in-store purchases and vice-versa.
- If you’re price matching with the Target app, the Target app must show the price of an item in a current store location.
Are there deals excluded from price matching on Target?
Yes, there are. Some of these exclusions include:
- Pricing due to typographical error.
- Clearance, closeout, and liquidation sales.
- Any item already used, damaged, open, or refurbished.
- Competitor doorbusters and lightning sales ( including Amazon prime or Amazon fresh).
- Coupon offers, loyalty cards, and free items.
- “Marketplace” prices from third-party sellers.
- Alcohol price matching is not allowed for online exclusive retailers (items containing alcohol are subject to state-by-state regulations).
Items falling under any of the above categories are not eligible for price matching.
How do I price match at Target?
Target matches with many competitors and its price match policy makes it easy to get the best price on your purchases. This is how:
- You can request a price match at any Target store (for customers who shopat Target stores). Just head straight to the customer service desk. You can ask for a price match at the time of purchase, or within 14 days from the original purchase date.
- If you’re an online customer, use the customer service chat on Target’s website or contact Target guest services by dialing 1-800-591-3869.
- Be sure to bring either a printed ad of the lower price or the online/digital version on your smartphone.
Note that Target does not price match discounted prices achieved with a coupon, promo code, loyalty cards, rebates, or mail-in offers.
Is it wise to price match?
If you plan on enjoying good quality products and getting them at the best deals, then yes. You might be able to save your money if you choose to price match especially when you want your goods delivered to your doorstep.
Which store does Target match?
Target has a list of approved competitors. Here’s a list of some of them:
- Barnes and noble
- Bed bath and beyond
- Buy Buy Baby
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Game stop
- Home depot
- JC Penney
- Office Depot
- Sam’s club
It’s not common for Target to price match with warehouse stores that sell items in large quantities (e.g Costco and Sam’s club). A full list of approved online competitors can be found on the Target website.
It’s safe to say you can enjoy shopping at Target while getting the best deals you’re comfortable with. With its excellent price match policy, Target is sure to keep you satisfied with its services. Just remember to have all the rules for price matching in mind, and your proof of the lower price.