There are many issues one can experience when using Verizon products and services with one of the commonest issues faced by Verizon users with their landlines. Therefore, there is a need to know what causes this and the possible solutions to the problem. Let us know ‘Verizon Landline Not Working’.
Verizon Landline Not Working
Your Verizon Landline might stop working due to some reasons which include inadequate power supply, faulty keypad, busy network, etc. When this happens, the next step is to check if the problem is one you can resolve by yourself or if you may need to contact the Customer Care Support of Verizon to help you out. We will discuss some of the commonest problems your landline might develop that may stop it from working perfectly and suggest some quick solutions you can try out before contacting Verizon Customer Care for further assistance.
Common Problems of Verizon Landline
There are several forms of problems that can be experienced when using a Verizon landline and some of them are listed below:
- No sound when dialling
This problem is experienced when there is no sound produced whenever you clicked a button on any of your Verizon landline’s telephones. This can be caused by a faulty dial-pad and an inadequate power supply to any of the telephones either from the power socket or the battery.
- Noise during phone calls
This problem is experienced when there is background noise during calls just like the one from a radio. This can be caused by different reasons such as inadequate power supply or the need to replace your device.
- Inability to receive incoming calls
You might be unable to receive incoming calls if someone has mistaken activated any of the following on your device: Anonymous Call Rejection, Call Forwarding, Do Not Disturb, and Call Block. You have to check and deactivated it to continue receiving incoming calls.
- Inability to make calls
If you cannot make calls then there is either a problem with your device or you are dialling an invalid number. First, confirm if you are dialling the right number then check the next section to rectify the issue; otherwise, you may need to replace the device.
We will now move on to suggest some simple home solutions to resolve the problems discussed above.
Possible Home Solutions To Problems Of Verizon Landline
The following are solutions you can try out to resolve the problems of Verizon Landline in your home before contacting a technician or the Customer Care Support of Verizon.
No sound when dialling
The first step is to ensure that the problem is with the phone jack or the connected landline; if the issue is with the phone jack then all the connected phones might have the same problem. Otherwise, a particular device might be experiencing the problem. Try to use a different phone jack to see if the telephones are working perfectly; if they are, then the problem is with the phone jack and it should be replaced. You can also contact the Customer Care of Verizon to help you.
You can also test a different phone with the phone jack to see if the problem is with the connected devices, if the phone produces a dial tone then the following step should be taken;
- Test and wait for 30 seconds before disconnecting all connected devices to the phone jack one after the other
- The faulty device would not produce a dial tone during the test and should be replaced.
- Reconnected all removed devices and check if they are working perfectly.
Noise during phone calls
If noises are disrupting your phone calls, try using the Network Interface Device Test Procedure to troubleshoot the problem and check if the number you are dialling is correct. You can also try the general solution to resolve the problem.
Inability to receive incoming calls
Check if any of these four features is activated- Anonymous Call Rejection, Call Forwarding, Do Not Disturb, and Call Block and deactivate it.
- Ensure the phone volume and ringer are turned up
- Confirm your telephones are working perfectly by making a call or asking another user to call your line
- Try out the general solution in the section
Inability to make calls
If you cannot make calls then the following solutions should be tried out:
- Ensure the landline Touch-Tone (TT) is turned on. The TT button is located at the side or bottom of the device
- Ensure all your device’s keys are working and you are dialling the correct number
- See if the network is not too busy and try again later (this might be detected if the call is disconnected after a dial tone)
General Solution to Verizon Landline Not Working
The following are steps you should take after trying out the solutions suggested for each of the problems:
- Unplug the landline from its source of power (e.g power outlet) and check if the battery is fully charged
- Check if the device is correctly plugged into its wall jack
- Try using another device to check if the phone jack is working perfectly
- If the problem continues, consider replacing the jack or contact the Verizon Customer Care Service
- If the problem does not continue, test the connected devices one after the other to detect the faulty one(s) and replace it.
Verizon Customer Care Service
The following are the hotlines of the Customer Care Service of Verizon to contact the company whenever you experience a problem with your landline. The company will either send a technician to your location or ask you to bring the device to one of its stores if the problem is resolvable.
You can contact any of the hotlines below depending on the problem you are facing:
- For Service: Call 1-877-596- 7577 between 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM EST
- For Repair (available for 24 hours): Call 1-800-837-4966
Be sure you can carry out the above-suggested home solutions before you try them out to avoid escalating the problem of your landline. Otherwise, contact Customer Care immediately to help you out.
The company should send one of its technical personnel to your house or ask you to bring the landline to one of its offices around you. A landline not working is a normal occurrence; therefore, you should not panic if your Verizon landline develops a fault.
- How do I report a landline not working at Verizon?
You can contact the Repair Support of Verizon at 1-800-837-4966
- What do you do when your landline doesn’t work?
You can try out some home solutions or contact the Customer Support of the company to help you out.
- How do I contact Verizon about my landline?
You can contact Verizon about your landline on either 1-800-837-4966 (Repair) or 1-877-596- 7577 (Service Support).