Best buy is the largest consumer electronics retailer in the United States with more than 900 local stores spread across the country. Costco, the fifth largest retailer in the world, operates as a membership-only big-box retailer in the USA and Canada. When it comes to pricing, both retail giants compete with one another for the best price. Read more Does Best Buy Price Match with Costco?
Best Buy’s Price Match Guarantee Policy with Costco:
According to Best Buy price guarantee policy, any identical product available at a local retail competitor within a radius of 25 miles can be price matched with Best buy to avail the lower price. Best buy provides this price match policy with many retail competitors and online shopping portals as well.
Best buy offers an option to compare the product prices with Costco, and post verification, the request is processed. Only qualified products that are immediately available with the local competitor, and are not from the exclusion list are requested for a price match.
While a price match with Costco can only be done online, there are a few steps involved, and we are more than happy to share them with you. Also, read on to know that secret insider tip to win the price match.
Steps to Price match a Costco product with Best Buy
Following are the steps to make a price match request with Best Buy.
- Step 1: Find the product in the local retailer shop and make sure it is identical in model number and color. Also, make sure that the product is immediately available.
- Step 2: Connect with Best Buy chat or call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) to place a request for a price match.
- Step 3: As asked, show them the competitor’s ad or their website with the price.
- Step 4: Best buy will review the price difference and validate your request.
- Step 5: Best buy matches with the Costco price after a thorough validation.
- All price match requests are made via phone or through chat support.
Exclusions from making a Price match request
- Best Buy price match guarantee does not apply to products sold by third-party vendors,
- The pricing offered to members-only groups,
- Products on sale during Black Friday and Thanksgiving,
- Transactions made through Best Buy Education or Best Buy Business, and bundle offers.
- Also excluded from the price match offers are contract mobiles, competitor’s services, and
- Any day or hourly sales.
According to Best Buy, they can never be beaten at the price as they make sure to match with almost all the local retail competitors both in-store and online. During the sale, they price match the products with these retailers, and then price the products in the app, website, and in-store.
One Insider Tip to win the Price Match with Costco
Best Buy considers Costco as the leading retail competitor, and it is a no let-down if you bring a product that you found at a lower price in Costco. It is to note that Costco has some exclusively made products that can be easily price matched with the identical finds at Best Buy.
Also, a tried-and-worked trick is to show the employee in-store a similar product with a lower price for a promising price match.
Best Buy wants to keep their customers over money even though a loss of money over price match is a bummer. If you can save a few bucks with a little research, it is good for you. Most shoppers plan their buys with thorough research. Though Costco offers products at a reasonable price, remember their members-only concept, which is a real let-down. Wait no more and compare the prices of your favorite products.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I request a price match when visiting a store?
According to Best Buy’s price match guarantee policy, a price match request cannot be completed at the store and only made through phone or chat support.
- Do I have to be a Costco member to make a price match request?
No, you do not have to own a Costco membership to make a price match request. You can direct the Best Buy customer executive to a live advertisement or website page of Costco with the pricing of the desired product as proof.
- Does Best Buy lose money in price matching with Costco?
Yes, even though losing money over price matching happens, Best Buy is determined to keep customers rather than losing them over a few bucks.
- Can I price match a product after purchasing?
According to Best Buy’s policy, a price match request is not to be made after purchasing the product. It says they provide a window of 15 days policy during which you can request a price match. It is advisable to reach out to their customer executive to know more about this.
- Can I request a price match for more than one product?
No, a price match request is allowed for only one product per person and cannot exceed that.