The American Automobile Association (abbreviated as AAA), also known as the Triple-A is a union of motor clubs in North America. It was founded in 1902 in response to the lack of quality roads that were necessary for automobile use back then. Initially, it had only nine member clubs and since then it has vastly risen in size and authority and boasts forty-two members today. It is responsible for providing assistance and a large number of services to its members. In this article we will learn about does AAA takes passport photos?
To register yourself as a member of the Triple-A, you will need to provide your photograph and some other government-issued documents, and identity proof. The AAA takes passport size photographs for registrations. It will handle all the business related to photo requests. So, you do not have to physically carry your passport size photo to the local AAA office. You can get a generic photograph of yours taken at the office for an AAA passport at $15. After getting a basic membership, if you still need more passport photos, you can get them at $10.
This article will discuss the list of documents you will need while applying for a membership at the AAA, the application procedure, and the list of services offered for members both domestic and international.
Application Procedure and List of Mandatory Documents
The application process for AAA membership is simple. The detailed steps are below:
- For Candidates Who Wish to Apply Online: Visit the online website of the American Automobile Association: http://www.aaa.com.
- Upon visiting the website, you will be prompted about your ZIP code. Enter your five-digit ZIP code in the prompt box and hit enter.
- Click on the Join Now option to start the application process.
- You will then be redirected to a new page where you will have to choose from among three different membership plans which are classic, plus, and premier. The plan details are mentioned under the next heading.
- It is very important to compare the costs and benefits of each plan. Try to choose a plan that covers all your needs and all the vehicles that you own. Evaluate the relative costs and benefits for each offer carefully.
- Click on the join option for whichever plan you think is the best suited to your needs.
- You will be prompted to enter your details. They will ask for your name, personal details like age and gender. You should enter your full name or the name mentioned on your driver’s license to avoid any hassles. You will also have to enter your contact details so they can contact you later about the membership application.
- Enter the details of the vehicles that you want to get the membership for based on the plan you selected.
- Before making the payment, you will also be asked whether you want to have your membership automatically renewed whenever it gets expired. If you choose not to, you will have to manually renew your membership each time it expires.
- You will then be asked to make your payment online. Be careful when making the payment and save the payment receipt safely if you are asked to provide it.
For candidates who wish to apply offline:
- You will have to be physically present at the local or nearest AAA branch office to file for membership. You must also carry your driver’s license and two passport-sized photographs.
- You will be provided with a form for entering your details, contact details, and the details of the vehicles you want to get the membership for. Enter the details very carefully and make sure your name is the same as mentioned on the driver’s license.
- After selecting the plans and filling in your details, you will be asked to provide your photographs to the office and make the payment as per your selection.
After receiving the AAA member card by mail, you should fill out the card number on the online website for AAA to avail of online services and benefits as well.
To be eligible for AAA, you must have the following conditions apply:
- The applicant, at the time of membership application, must be 18 years or older.
- The applicant, at the time of application, must hold a valid driver’s license issued by the government of the state where the applicant is residing.
- The applicant must not have criminal proceedings against them in any court in the United States.
Other conditions may also be applicable depending on the applicant’s situation.
List of Services Offered by the AAA
An AAA membership comes with a wide range of benefits that the holder can avail of. The benefits offered by the plan that a member has subscribed to are:
- Classic Plan: The classic plan offers the standard features of membership which include discounts at 120,000+ hotels and restaurants, exclusive deals while traveling, perks, emergency roadside assistance whether you are a passenger or the driver, emergency fuel delivery, locksmith help if you are locked out of your car and five-mile tows. It costs $59 a year.
- Plus Plan: The plus plan carries all the benefits of classic plans along with an increase in the distance your vehicle gets towed for 100 miles and refund of locksmith charges up to $100 and baggage coverage.
- Premier Plan: The premier plan carries the benefits of the previous deals and offers a refund for emergency help charges for a larger amount of money. It offers a 200-mile tow service and more than 100 miles of towing each year. It also offers $25,000 worth of emergency medical transport. It is the best plan for its value among the three.
Q1. Does AAA membership cover the entire family?
A1. No, membership benefits are only for the holder of the membership card.
Q2. How many cars can my AAA membership cover?
A2. Any car that you are traveling in, whether you are the passenger or driver, can obtain the benefits of the membership as long as it is covered under the plan you have subscribed to.