One of the things that credit and debit card companies look after is to make sure that the cardholders use their credit card regularly. To take this forward, such companies provide many benefits to cardholders, and one such benefit is the cashback incentive program, wherein when you buy something, you are inclined to receive some percentage of the amount that you pay at the time of purchase. As regards Hannaford, it is a well-esteemed supermarket chain in the United States. It aims to provide customers great service, quality fresh food, and dependable value. Read on to know whether Hannaford offers cashback or not! Let’s know ‘Does Hannaford do Cashback?’
Hannaford and Cashback
When it comes to cashback, it is vital to know how much a store is willing to offer. Since the cashback incentive is usually availed on debit cards, you can make more of your debit card usage. It may interest you to know that at Hannaford, they do offer cashback on debit cards! At Hannaford, cashback is offered for Discover credit, debit, and personal transactions only. In addition, bear in mind that you will be allowed a cashback of up to $100.
How to Get Cashback?
When getting a purchase from your favorite store, it is exciting to know that they offer cashback. However, you must be thoroughly aware of the process and become somewhat accustomed to it.
- If you have decided to go shopping using your debit card, we urge you to make the most of it. Most of your favorite stores such as Whole Foods, Aldi, Publix, and many more offer cashback on debit cards.
- While paying for your purchase, you can choose to withdraw cash from your checking account.
- When you are asked about the mode of payment, use your card reader and enter the PIN of your debit card.
- Be sure to choose debit card as your mode of payment. You will not receive any cashback if you prefer to pay via credit card.
- When asked whether you would like a cashback, press the ‘Yes’ option.
- After this, enter the amount of cashback that the store offers. Most stores offer a cashback of up to $100.
- When all this is done, you will be asked to pay for the purchase and will receive your receipt. Along with this, you will be handed the cashback amount that you asked for!
Stores that Offer Cashbacks
Now that you know that Hannaford offers cashback on its purchases, you may be ecstatic to know that Hannaford is not the sole store that does this. You have many options to choose from, and we have mentioned some of them below:
- Kroger: At Kroger, you will receive a maximum of $300 cashback on debit card transactions. If you choose to use Discover credit or personal checks, you will receive $120 or $20, respectively. However, you will be charged $0.5 for $100 cashback.
- Shoppers Food Warehouse: Here, you will be offered an amount of $300 as cashback. Further, you can avail yourself of an amount of $100 for self-checkout.
- Publix: Publix offers a maximum of $100 cash back on debit card transactions. However, there are some terms and conditions that should be kept in mind.
- Whole Foods: At Whole Foods, you are offered a minimum of $1 and a maximum of $100 cashback.
- CVS: Here, you are provided with a cashback of $35 per transaction.
You need to make sure to use your debit card while making your purchases to receive cashback at these stores.
My Hannaford Rewards
In addition to offering cashback on debit cards, Hannaford operates a reward program, My Hannaford Rewards, that helps people shop in a budget-friendly manner. This program tends to provide customers rewards for purchasing from the store and gives certain offers and personalized coupons.
- If you buy store brand items such as Hannaford Brand, Taste of Inspirations, Nature’s Promise, Nature’s Place, Etos, CareOne, Companion, HOME360, Smart Living, and Always My Baby, you are bound to receive a 2% reward on each item.
- Although you will earn rewards each time you buy a store brand item, you will be able to redeem your earnings quarterly. You will be reminded by the store to activate your reward which can be done with a single click and then you can immediately redeem your reward.
- To redeem your activated reward, use your barcode or contact number during checkout. Your rewards will be deducted from the total amount.
- One important thing to keep in mind is the fact that your rewards are prone to expire within 90 days. So, once your rewards are activated, use them before they expire!
- One of the many benefits of this reward program is that Hannaford also offers digital coupons. You can easily ‘clip’ them directly to your account.
Now that you know that Hannaford offers cashback on debit card transactions, make sure you carry yours with you the next time you go shopping there! Not only Hannaford, but you can also find the cashback incentive program offered in almost every other store. Further, Hannaford also provides a reward program called My Hannaford Rewards!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I get cashback on my credit card at Hannaford?
Yes, you can get a maximum of $100 cash back on Discover credit at Hannaford.
- Does Walgreens offer cash back?
Yes, Walgreens offers cashback on debit cards and check transactions.
- Does Hannaford charge a fee for cashback?
No, unlike stores like Kroger, Hannaford does not charge a fee.