One of the top-rated food delivery apps in the USA and Canada is DoorDash which allows anyone with a car to become a delivery driver. Let’s know How to become a DoorDash driver?
With Doordash drivers, you are not tied up like an employee, but you can choose your own time and hours to work and even when to work, depending on your availability. The work is straightforward, picking up food orders from clients/merchants and delivering or dropping them off to customers.
How to become a DoorDash driver?
If you are looking to make an extra buck or just what to earn a living, DoorDash might be just the gig for you. With experience or inexperience in delivery still, you can be a DoorDash driver(known as Dasher). However, a few requirements will have to be met to become a dashing driver.
- One has to be 18 years and above to join the delivery app.
- Must possess a smartphone, whether iPhone or Android, that can smoothly download and run the DoorDash application.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Should have a vehicle, not only a car but anything from a truck to a bike to a scooter is acceptable for delivery.
- Car insurance must be valid.
- A social security number that is valid.
- Should register/sign up on the App to deliver with them.
With the above requirements, one can become a DoorDash Delivery driver. If you are looking at the vehicle requirements or guidelines that must be met, below are some of them. Any model and year vehicle are acceptable, and there is no inspection involved. Any car qualifies as long as it is road-worthy. Bicycles and scooters can be used as well.
Acceptance and signing up
- Sign up with DoorDash on their website. Put your email and your basic information afterward.
- You are then processed to select the type of vehicle you would be using. After which, the next step would be your background check which may take several minutes and may require a vehicle check in some cases.
- You are then adding your bank details which is the next step after the successful background check.
- After that, finish the sign-up process.
- Download the DoorDash app, and you are set to go and start dashing around.
- With your first dash, you will receive a notification that will request you to feel in your mailing address so they can send a welcome kit to you from DoorDash.
- The App has a step-by-step orientation to help navigate and understand the App easily.
Daily work for dashers
They accept or reject orders for delivery from the App. If an order is accepted, they have to pick up the order from the place. The Dashers/drivers pay with their Red card, which they received from DoorDash in the welcome kit, a prepaid card loaded for payment.
The dashers bring the food order to the customer. And in the case of contacting the customer, there is an in-app function for that. If it’s cash on delivery, they receive cash and enter it in the App. The customer can tip the Dasher by cash or an in-build function on the App.
The Dasher marks the order complete in the App, and all are successful.
The good thing about being a DoorDash driver is that you don’t need to own a car. Just a bike, scooter, or motorbike can do just fine. It is a nice gig as you can earn extra during your free time and more if there are peak hours.
Evaluation from DoorDash
DoorDash evaluates drivers/Dashers to ensure the quality control is in check. And thus encourage Dashers to keep a high standard. Those who do not meet the standard may risk deactivation. Evaluation takes place in 3 ways:
- Rating of riders – this is done by the customers after they receive their order. It measures the satisfaction of the customers. The rating is on a scale of one to five. A low rating spells terrible news.
- Rate of acceptance – this measures the rate at which the dashers accept orders from the App. Dashers who are idle or decline orders so often may be at risk of deactivation.
- Completion Rate – all accepted orders must or are expected to be completed. The Dasher has to contact DoorDash to inform them when a problem arises. Those with less completion rate may be at risk of deactivation.
DoorDash allows everyone to earn an extra buck no matter their status. All one needs access to a vehicle, be it a bicycle, a car, motorbike, or even a scooter. It is an easy, convenient, and flexible way to work that fits any person’s schedule.