Starbucks Corporation is one of the world’s largest cafe corporations spread evenly worldwide. Their headquarters are actually in Seattle, Washington. They aim to provide people with better quality coffee and other brewed beverages, such as teas and lemonades along with frappuccinos, at an inexpensive price. Starbucks has more than 30,000 coffeehouses spread over 80 countries. If you want to know about the Starbucks rewards, then this is the article for you.
Starbucks introduced a value-based loyalty program in 2016, rewarding customers with two stars or reward points for every dollar spent. To reward their clients, they made it possible for them to earn ‘Stars’ for each purchase they made.
Benefits Of Starbucks Rewards
As soon as you join the Starbucks rewards program, you can receive the following rewards:
- You can get a birthday reward. To get this reward, you must have needed to make a transaction that would have earned you at least one star for the same.
- Customers who are enrolled in the program can also get free refills for hot or iced coffee. There is an exception to this rule as it excluded iced tea lemonade and shaken tea infusions.
- You can also get special offers with the help of the Starbucks app or a live email that you can get if you are subscribed to the email stream.
- You will also have a certain level of balance protection that will ensure your points are safe if your card gets stolen or lost.
- Finally, you will have “double star days” where you will be able to get double the stars/points on all qualifying items at Starbucks stores. However, this does not apply to all locations.
Redeeming Your Stars
Starbucks is a well-known brand. Starbucks designed a tiered loyalty program structure with two levels: Green and Gold, to match their corporate identity and emblem. Customers can win free products or top-ups, as well as other personalized prizes, by accumulating stars. Customers who accumulated 125 stars were eligible for a free drink and meal. Starbucks introduced a new rewards program in 2019 that allowed users to claim rewards at a 25-star level.
You can redeem your stars as long as you have enough of them on your card. Here are some examples through which you can redeem or use stars.
- 25 Stars – you can customize your drink with an extra shot, dairy substitute, or syrup
- 50 Stars – you can redeem the points to get a hot coffee, a baked good, or a hot tea
- 150 Stars – you can redeem your stars to get a handcrafted drink, a baked good, or a hot tea
- 200 Stars – you can get a lunch sandwich, or a hot breakfast when you redeem your item. Plus, you need to have 250 stars in case you are in Canada
- 400 Stars – you can buy Starbucks merch or some packaged coffee as well
How And Where Can You Redeem Your Points?
You can start to earn Stars for Rewards once you join Starbucks Rewards. Before your Stars expire, you can exchange them for a choice of free food, drink, or goods products (except hard liquor and multi-serve items). Those Stars will be deducted from the Star balance after your Reward is redeemed. You can keep earning Stars after each redemption to use for some of the Reward tier options.
For example, if you have 50 Stars, you can choose between two (2) 25 Star Rewards or one (1) 50 Star Reward. Some Starbucks shops might not accept Rewards. Company-owned stores, U.S. airports, Target, and a few grocery stores accept the Rewards, but other kiosk sites (typically those inside the other facility like a hospital or a college) do not. In addition, for foods and drinks, select Starbucks shops will feature a single Reward tier of 150 Stars.
Do The Starbucks Stars Expire?
After 6 months, the Stars you earn for Rewards will expire. Regardless of the tier, Starbucks would always add the oldest Stars to any Rewards you redeem. If you earn 10 Stars on September 2 and 15 Stars on September 24, for example, your entire Star value for the month—25 Stars—will terminate on January 1.
When you log into your account, you can see which Stars are about to expire in the Rewards area. Your Stars will not expire if you sign up for a Starbucks Rewards Visa Card as long as your direct debit or prepaid account is active. If you close your account for just any cause, your Stars will expire six months after the full month in which this was closed.
Checking Your Rewards Card Balance
Here are some options for checking your balance:
- Go to our Card website and provide your card number as well as your security code.
- Sign in to your Starbucks account on our Reward website, go to “Card management” and choose the Card you want to check the amount on.
- Using the Starbucks iPhone or Android app: To examine the balance on all of the Cards linked with your Starbucks Rewards account, go to the “Scan” page.
Starbucks is a global corporation that offers excellent coffee at great price points. Their loyalty programs in the sense of the rewards that they offer have been a great way to bolster their popularity as well. Even with their seasonal beverages and other tasty treats, it is no wonder why their loyalty program is so strong. Starbucks, which brought a greater variety of coffee experiences, is widely credited with launching the new wave of coffee culture. Some items are only available during certain seasons or are unique to the store’s location.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Starbucks give out freebies on my birthday?
Yes, Starbucks does give out freebies on your birthdays
2. How much is one star worth?
At Starbucks, one star is worth one dollar of purchases being made at the cafe.
3. Do my Starbucks Stars expire?
No, your Starbucks stars bought with your credit card will not expire
4. Can I get stars even when I grocery shop?
Yes, you can get Starbucks stars even when you grocery shop.