Choosing which company suits you better if you are a commercial driver can be challenging. Finding a reliable niche is important, that is why some drivers commence the commercial driving service, then give up mid-way through. To avoid being outdone, you should formulate an approach to help you exist in the market. Most of the people ask Can they Drive for Uber and Lyft at the same time?
Drivers drive for Uber and Lyft at the same time because they are trying to establish their niche. Others just love spreading their wings so that they might not miss certain opportunities. All of the drivers driving for rideshare are independent contractors. They do not sign an agreement limiting them to work with a specific company.
Boost Your Hourly Earnings
There is a downtime for ride requests, you can minimize the waiting time by working for both Uber and Lyft. When this happens, a ride can be requested within an average waiting time of 5 minutes. It saves the time that you would have waited for a request if it was from one company. If you consistently save time you will find that you are working for 60 USD per hour, unlike the initial hourly earnings of 30 USD.
Begin With One Service Company Then Add The Other
There is always this argument about which is better. Start with whichever you may, just make sure to learn their system of operation first before introducing the other. Reason being:
- These two ride companies have a registration bonus. The bonus is determined by the amount of money you make on your first trip. You need to focus on one company first and max out their bonuses before introducing the other one.
- You can use your background check, vehicle inspection, and medical results used to qualify for the first company or the second company. For example, if you are a registered Uber driver in Pennsylvania, you can use your Uber examination results in that state to apply for Lyft without having to pay for the services.
- Their operational system and app may seem similar but they differ. It is imperative to take your time and learn one first before jumping to the other. You may make mistakes if you are trying to handle both at the same time when you are still an amateur. My point is, to take one step at a time.
Balancing Driving For Uber And Lyft At The Same Time
Rideshare drivers should have their phones mounted at the vent for safety issues. You will be running two driver’s apps at a time while driving. Nonetheless, your mobile battery and data bundles are consumed quickly. Reboot your phone at the start of your every work, limiting errors and refreshing.
You can start by opening the Lyft app and using it. Open the Uber app after 5 minutes or more. Keep alternating because if you leave the Uber app in the background for long it will shut down.
Keep Track Of The Ride Notification.
You can be under pressure to accept the request before you miss it. You have enough time to bring the app to the foreground, if it was in the background, and scrutinize the request then accept it. Bring the app with the request to the foreground and check on the request and accept it.
When you get coinciding requests from Uber and Lyft:
If this happens, check on both the request and determine which one suits you better and accept, then decline the other one. You can use the distance, direction, and the wage for the two ride request to determine which you will take.
Have A Bluetooth Earbud
Bluetooth earbud improves the awareness when running both apps at the same time, the notification sounds are different so you can tell from which app the notification is. The Bluetooth earbud also tells you direction in a voice only you can hear, the customer is not able to hear the sound. You do not have to look at the Google map because the Bluetooth earbud will be telling you where to turn or stop.
It is fundamental to ensure that you are maximizing your earnings every day. You can achieve this in the commercial riding business by spreading your wings and trying out two companies at a time. It will maximize your hourly earnings, and earn you bonuses and tips. It is important to note that your effort is what counts, determining what you get per hour. Every driver wants to be the best, so they look for good ratings from their customer, treat their customers like kings, and they will get good ratings and appreciation tips.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it legal to be a driver for both Uber and Lyft?
Yes, it is. The driver is an independent contractor and can register with any driving company he wants.
- Do you need two cars to drive for both Lyft and Uber?
No, you can use the same car to drive for both companies. Put both Lyft and Uber stickers on the same car.