Chase Sapphire Reserve’s credit card becomes immensely popular after its launch in 2016. It is one of the best travel rewards credit cards that offer its card members many premium benefits for traveling and dining. The card members loved the combination of value and benefits of the points they earn as they can get 10x total points on rental cars and hotels and 5x total points on flights by using Chase Reward Point. The card members can also earn points on dining purchases via Chase Dining. It also comes with travel protection that can be available on a credit card. Know more about Get Chase Sapphire Reserve
Usually, the Chase Sapphire Reserve card is approved instantly but in some cases, it can take up to one month to make a pronouncement. Sometimes the application may be in under review because of the incompletion of the application, but that does not mean your application has been turned down. It means your application may be reviewed by a Chase employee manually as the system was unable to approve you instantly.
Once the manual review is complete, you will collect a letter or email about the approval of the application.
Chase Sapphire Reserve timetable to get approval:
- Instant Approval: You can get instant approval of the Chase Sapphire Reserve if you are applying Online. You will get to know immediately if your application was approved or denied as you refresh the page.
- Shipped within 72-Hour: After the application approval, the Chase employee will be sent you a mail within three to five business days. You can also call Chase customer service at (800)945-2000 and make a request to speed up the shipping process and get the card within 72 hours.
- 7-10 Business days: Generally the applicants can expect approval within seven to ten business days. But, in some cases, the Chase employee will require more information. In that case, you will get notified about their decision within 30 days.
Here are some tips to improve your chances to get approval of a Chase Sapphire Reserve card:
The Chase Sapphire Reserve card’s approval requirements are somewhat tougher than the Chase Sapphire Preferred card. To get the approval for the Reserve Card you need to score up to 700. Those applicants who have scores lower than 700, also have a chance to get the card but not instantly. To improve your credit score you can follow these:
- Payment on time: Trying to pay your credit card bill on time. Generally, you will pay your credit card bills in full each month. If you are unable to pay your bill, try to make the minimum payment or you can convert your payment to EMI to avoid late fees and negative marks.
- Credit limit increasing: By increasing your existing credit card limit, you can control your credit usage.
- Restrict credit probing: Don’t apply for too many cards because you might miss out on a good card because of this.
What to do if your application gets rejected?
If by any means your application gets rejected then the first thing you need to do is look for a reason for the rejection. As per the law, the issuer will send an email explaining the elements that stop you from being approved. After figuring out the factors of rejection, you can call Chase customer service at (888) 270-227 regarding the issue and convince them to reconsider the application.
If you want to know about your application status, you can simply check it online by creating an account. For that, you have to click on the “Sign up” button on a login page. Here, you need to enter your application number and social security number. You can also contact customer service at (888) 338-2586 to know about your status.
Some of the frequently asked questions:
1) Can I have more than 1 card account?
There is an unpublished rule of Chase that is 5/24. This means if you have more than five credit card accounts with any issuers in the past 2 years then Chase will reject your application instantly. This rule cannot be overridden. Also if you are currently holding Chase Sapphire Preferred card, then your application won’t be approved.
2) What is the annual fee charged?
You have to pay $550 for the Chase Sapphire Reserve annually. Chase increased $100 for the fee since January 2020. So if you are the new applicant you have to pay the increased amount.
3) How do I earn reward points?
You can earn 10X points by car renting, hotel booking, and Chase dining purchases through Ultimate Rewards. You can also earn bonus points by shopping online.
4) Does Chase Sapphire Reserve offers travel protection?
Chase Sapphire Reserve offers many travel protection like trip cancellation, lost luggage insurance, roadside assistance, emergency transportation, trip delay reimbursement etc.