Shipt is an affiliate of Target Corporation, it does grocery delivery services for Americans. It was founded in 2014 in Birmingham, Alabama. It has Shoppers who do shopping and deliveries for its customers, Shoppers appreciate the freedom of working on their schedule. Nevertheless, a Shopper can earn below minimum wage if he is not proficient with his time. In this article, we will see about ‘Does Shipt Accept Tips?’.
Does Shipt Accept Tips?
The Shipt shoppers can make around 15 USD to 25 USD per hour, the more they shop the more they earn. They are not allowed to ask for tips, nevertheless, a client may tip the shopper voluntarily. It encourages and strengthens the relationship between the Shipt shopper and the customer. Essentially, Shipt shoppers make heaps of their money from tips, this is the reason they are consistently pushing limits to satisfy their clients.
Tipping is encouraged by Shipt
Besides tipping not being an obligation of the customer, it is accepted and greatly appreciated by Shipt Company when a customer is willing to give. The Shipt Shopper gets to keep 100% of the tip, boosting their morale to even serve their customers diligently.
Shipt Shoppers automatically knows which customer tipped and which one did not. All Shipt transactions are done through the app, so after you have finalized your order they will check on the app. The Shipt Shopper can see how much was the tip, and the total cost.
Procedure to add tips on the Shipt app
These are the steps to follow when you want to appreciate your Shipt Shopper:
- When you have received and paid for your Shipt order, open the Shipt app.
- A page will appear, requesting you to rate their Shipt Shopper’s service and tip.
- In case, the page does not appear, go to the “Order” option, press the order history and select the order you want to tip.
- You will get the option to rate Shipt Shopper’s service and leave a tip.
- Another option is where you follow the link sent to your email with your receipt to rate and tip your Shipt Shopper.
Tipping in cash
It is possible to tip your Shipt Shopper in cash when he drops the goods. A good number of Shipt Shoppers prefer this method because the received tip is not taxed.
Tipping is typically given after the service is offered, however, you can give a prior tip if you wish. This is done during the checkout process in the Shipt app. Though, the Shipt Shopper will not be able to see the tip until 2 hours later after the goods are delivered. You can also cancel or change the tip after your orders are delivered.
The maximum amount I should not exceed when tipping my Shipt Shopper
This depends on your generosity and empathy as a customer. You can give as much as you are willing to give. Nevertheless, it is important to understand some unwritten norms:
- When giving tips be considerate, you cannot give out all your money.
- A 15% of the total cost of your order would be deserving when you are satisfied with the service. However, you can decide to tip 20 % of the total cost of the order if you feel like the expense was a lot example driving a long distance to your house, he consumed so much gas.
You should not be feeling guilty that maybe you have given so little or too much tip. There is no rule written down stating the specific amount to tip.
Effects of not tipping my Shift Shopper:
There are no consequences for not tipping your Shipt Shopper, it is not a guarantee that all Shoppers will get tipped by their customers. If you are wondering if the Shipt Shopper will give you a bad rating for not tipping him, the rating can only be done by the customer.
The frequency of tips a Shopper will receive depends on how hardworking he is and how satisfied the customer will be.
The Shipt Shoppers do not expect to be tipped when serving their customers. Tips are a way for a customer to show gratitude and satisfaction with the Shipt Shopper.
Now we have learnt ‘Does Shipt Accept Tips?’, The important thing you can give your errand man is honesty. If a job is well done, learn to appreciate it by rating or giving tips.
Shipt encourages tips because they understand that those are what keep their Shoppers motivated to run errands. The Shipt Shopper will not ask you to tip him, this is what comes from you willingly. It takes an empathetic customer to tip his Shopper.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do Shipt Shoppers have to wear their Shipt shirts while at work?
It is not compulsory to wear Shipt attires while working.
- Can a Shipt Shopper be accompanied by someone else while on duty?
Shipt Shoppers should not bring anyone with them, while at work.