Lead ingots are blocks of lead metals, which can be melted and used to form and make different equipment such as bullet shells and fishing sinkers. The availability of lead has been slowly reduced due to its dangerous effect on one’s health when exposed to it. Let us know about “Where To Buy Lead Ingots?”
You may want to make your quality tools and equipment but don’t know how to go about it. You will have to first buy your lead ingots. To do this you will need to find the nearest place where you can get your top-quality lead ingot at an affordable price. This article will help you navigate and find where you can buy your lead ingots from. Lead ingots can be bought on both online stores (such as Amazon, eBay, Global sources, roto metals, reibus, and aliexpress) and offline stores. Depending on what is more convenient for you.
Where To Buy Lead Ingots Online?
You can get your lead ingots in the following online marketplaces.
- Amazon: Amazon is one of the top leading online marketplaces where you can get anything you need. If you are too busy to get the lead ingot yourself you can always order it on Amazon and get it delivered to your doorstep.
- JamesTown North America: Jamestown is one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of lead ingots and other lead-related products and they are known for their reliable customer service and competitive product price. All you need to do is visit their website, contact them through the number provided and place your order and requirements.
- Global sources: Global source is an online platform that can connect you with different lead ingot suppliers at competitive prices.
- Roto metals: you can buy your lead ingots on the roto metals website and they provide an affordable and quick delivery service to anywhere in the US.
- Reibus: reibus also links you with suppliers of lead ingots and they also provide delivery services.
- Aliexpress: Aliexpress is one of the global leading marketplaces and you can always purchase your lead ingots and have them delivered to your doorstep.
Other online marketplaces where you can buy lead ingots are eBay, basspro, do-it, and panjiva.
Offline Stores You Can Buy Lead Ingots
Some shops offer both online and offline services to their customers. You can either make your order online or find and visit the shop nearest to you. Some of these stores are:
- Bass Pro Shops
- The Home Depot
If you are interested in purchasing a large amount of lead ingot, available suppliers across the US are listed below.
- Carter Alloys Co. is located in Bryn Mawr.
- A-1 Alloys is located in San Diego, California.
- Belmont Metals, Inc. is located in Brooklyn, New York.
- Accumet Materials Co. is Located in Ossining New York.
- ACI Alloys in San Jose, California.
- SAE Manufacturing Specialties Corp in Bayville, New York.
- Milward Alloys, Inc. is located in Lockport, New York.
How Much Does Pure Lead Cost?
The price of lead presently stands at $2,274.50 per metric ton.
How Much Does A Pound Of Lead Cost?
A pound of Lead is estimated to cost about 110 US cents per pound.
Where To Get Lead For Free?
If you are short on budget and can’t afford to buy lead ingots you can always get lead from the following places though the lead isn’t as available now as it was before.
- Auto Repair Shops
- Firing Ranges
- Construction and Roofing Companies
You can always visit or contact the above-listed places and ask if they have any lead junk from their wheel weights, roofing materials, and bullet shells that you can get for free. If they have any I’m sure they wouldn’t mind giving them to you for free or at a minimal price. Scrap and free leads are also available on eBay.
Now that you know where to buy your lead ingots make sure to get the top quality and also obey the safety precautions needed to obey when handling lead due to its dangerous nature as it is most especially dangerous to children below the age of 6 if they are exposed to it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Difference between Hard Lead and Soft Lead?
Soft lead scratches easily when scratched and it has a low working temperature while hard lead is an alloy of lead that is harder than soft lead and solidifies quickly than soft lead.
How big is a Lead Ingot?
The average size of a lead ingot is 2-3cm x 3-8cm x 6-12cm.
What are Lead Ingots used for?
Lead ingots are used to create bullets, fishing sinkers, lead ship ballast, and model making.
What is the Price of Pure Lead?
The average cost of pure lead is $2.14 per Kg.
What Material is best to Melt Lead-in?
The best material to use in melting lead is a cast-iron skillet.