The enneagram is a system that determines human personality as various personality types and their interconnections. There are multiple traits for numerous personality types, and we all will be a mix of some of these traits. To find out what mixture of personality best suits us, it is good to take an enneagram personality test and find out. In this article, we are discussing the Enneagram 4w3 personality type. People with this type of personality are commonly known as enthusiasts. This is because they are people with prominent type 4 characteristics, but they also share some common traits with type 3.
Influence of 3 in 4w3
4s are usually people who want to stay unique in a crowd and create their own identity. Because of the 3s influence, they want to become successful and always seek the approval of others. Also, it is this influence that makes the 4w3 people self-conscious. The impact of 3 in 4 types can be both positive and negative.
The most essential characteristics of 4w3 type personalities are that they are:
- Desire significance.
- Thrive for individuality.
- Engaging with the people around them.
- Fear of being insignificant.
We can now move on to some specific character traits of 4w3 type personalities.
There are some significant strengths for people with 4w3 personalities.
- They can be deeply content with themselves and at the same time be experts in understanding the feelings of others.
- Creativity and efficiency are other notable strengths they possess.
- They are also genuine and authentic in life and work equally.
Along with their strengths, the 4w3 personalities have their weaknesses too.
- They tend to react emotionally at times of difficulty rather than logically.
- As their prestige and self-image are important to them, they keep those as their number one priority.
- Due to a constant need to prove themselves, they have so many insecurities and self-doubt.
- People with this personality type always seek approval from others and never think about what makes them happy.
Fear and desire
The primary fear of 4w3 type personalities is that they will become insignificant in the world. To overcome this fear, they continuously try to distinguish themselves from the people around them.
Uniqueness is what the 4w3 personalities desire the most. It is the main reason why this group of people tends to be creative and passionate. This is because they need a personal identity in every group where they belong.
Some things motivate the 4w3 personalities. It is essential to know those if we need to bring them up when they are feeling low.
- Achieving goals, whether it be personal or professional, motivates 4w3 personalities.
- When they are being appreciated or accepted by others, it gives them a boost.
- Understanding their own emotions can be so helpful to them.
- Self-expression or a chance to prove one’s skills motivates them.
The cause of stress for these personality types can be many:
- Failure to achieve desired goals or disappointment in one’s performance can be stressful.
- Being alone for so long that they start feeling lonely.
- Inability to express themselves in certain situations can cause them stress.
- Interpersonal conflicts and solving them can be stressful for people with a 4w3 personality.
The most suitable jobs for 4w3 type personalities according to their character traits are the ones that allow them to perform to their maximum efficiency at the same time leaving room for their creativity. Here are some jobs that the enneagram 4w3 personalities might be best suited for.
- Motivational speaker
Enneagram 4w3 vs. 4w5
While comparing these two personality types, we can find that they are different in many ways, even though the dominant types are the same.
- 4 wing 3 people always like to seek the approval of others while grabbing their success. But 4 wing 5 personalities are not interested in being noticed by so many people.
- 4w3 personalities can share their emotions with others and empathize with them. But 4w5 characters are afraid to share their feelings.
- Both the types identify themselves, but 4w3 personalities do so by socializing and expressing themselves. 4w5 people, on the other hand, shut themselves out and think more about their inner selves.
- 4w3 personalities create more goals than they can achieve, but 4w5 personalities are procrastinators.
Enneagram 4w3 vs. 3w4
In these two types, we can see that the dominant and wing types are interchanged. But there are many differences and similarities between these two groups.
- 4w3 and 3w4 are both thirsty for success, but unlike 4w3, 3w4 personalities are ready to sacrifice anything and everything to succeed.
- Unlike 4w3 type personalities, 3w4 are more reserved and focused on themselves.
- As we discussed already, 4w3 personalities are emotional when making impulsive decisions, but 3w4 type people are very much practical.
In this article, we have discussed the essential character traits and behaviors of enneagram 4w3 type personalities. They are people with an influence of type 3 personality in type 4 personality. This makes them overachievers and, at the same time, self-doubting people. We can say that the type 3 personality pushes the type 4 to achieve goals. Knowing your personality type and working on it to utilize your strengths and eliminate weaknesses is necessary. It can help in reaching greater heights in your life.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I know if I am a 4w3 or 3w4 enneagram?
If you strive for success by any means without exception and are most concentrated in your work, then you are probably a person with a 3w4 personality. On the other hand, if you are more empathetic towards others than yourself and emotional, you can be a 4w3 personality.
- Is type 4w3 more likely to be INFP or INFJ?
Type 4w3 is more likely an INFP as they are both in need of individualism. On the other hand, INFJ adjusts to their surroundings better and makes very few friends as they only settle at a few points.