Here we will see about the Does Target have Afterpay?
You could be wondering if it’s possible to use Afterpay at Target stores in the United States since Afterpay is one of the most popular payment methods at checkout.
The good news is all Target stores have Afterpay, the interest-free payment option that enables you to have a flawless checkout after shopping. To use Afterpay in any Target store, you need to login to your account and authorise checkout via Afterpay.
What is Afterpay?
Afterpay is a third-party application that some ecommerce stores use at checkout to allow flexible payments after purchasing a product. With Afterpay, a customer can pay for products in up to four instalments. The first instalment is paid at the time of purchase while the remaining three instalments are paid after every two weeks.
What are the Advantages of Using Afterpay at Target Stores?
Afterpay allows you to purchase any products of your choice and pay in four instalments. This means that you can enjoy products without paying the full amount upfront. The system makes it possible for you to purchase products when you don’t have the full amount or if you are in a financial crisis. The sign up process is simple since there are no long forms to fill.
Can I Sign Up During Checkout?
Yes. Target store makes it easy for you to sign up to Afterpay even during checkout. The process is easy; it only takes about two minutes.
How to Create an Afterpay
The easiest way of creating an Afterpay account is by downloading the mobile app from Google Play Store for Android users and from the App Store for iPhone users.
Once you have the app, do the following:
- Open the app and add your registration details to create your digital wallet
- Click the Card tab to enter your card details by following the prompts
- Add your Afterpay Card to your account.
- Start using your app during checkout
How to use Afterpay at Physical Target Stores
Please note that all in-store purchases require you to create an account first.
- Ensure that you already have your Afterpay Card.
- Set up your digital Afterpay account by downloading the mobile application.
- Activate Afterpay Card in the app (This will save you time in case you have long queues).
- Select the items you need from the shelves in the store.
- Pay for your shopping via Google Pay or Apple Pay.
How to Do Online Shopping at Target using Afterpay
- 1.During checkout, select Afterpay as your preferred payment method.
- 2.Log in to your Afterpay account to complete the payment if you have already created an account.
- 3.For first-time users, provide the Afterpay payment details to complete the checkout process.
- 4.Afterpay shall create your account automatically if your first order is approved.
- 5.The next step would be to download the app and set up your password.
Fees When Using Afterpay
There are no additional fees for using Afterpay if you don’t miss any instalments.
You will only pay the regular price of the purchased product but in four instalments that are determined at the time of purchasing.
Failing to pay the instalments in time attracts a late payment fee that is capped at $10 and an additional fee of $7 if payment is delayed beyond 7 days.
Who is eligible to use Afterpay in Target Stores?
To be eligible for Afterpay checkout at Target stores or any other approved stores within the United States, you must meet the following conditions:
- 1.You should be at least 18 years old or 19 years old if in Alabama or Nebraska.
- 2.Your residence should be in one of the states in USA or in the District of Columbia
- 3.You need to be capable of entering into a legally binding contract.
- 4.You must have a working physical or delivery address within the United States
- 5.You should have a working phone number and email address
- 6.You should have a USA-issued payment method such as credit card or debit card.
How Afterpay Helps You to Shop Online
Afterpay mobile application has a directory of all merchants in the United States that accept it as a payment method. Once you download the app, you can click any Afterpay-approved store that you wish buy from and start shopping online. If you want to visit the store physically, the app can suggest the names of the stores, making you confident to buy and pay later without embarrassment. Other than Target, you can use Afterpay checkout at Amazon, CVS, Kroger and Walgreens.
Target stores in the United States have Afterpay as a payment method that allows customers to ‘buy now’ and ‘pay later’ in instalments. Customers are supposed to pay the first instalment at the time of purchasing followed by three instalments payable after every two weeks until the debt is settled. Setting up Afterpay and using it to buy products at Target stores is simple and straightforward. Eligible customers need to download the mobile app, connect their Afterpay Card to the app and experience a seamless checkout.