Getting someone to pick up your order might be the best option for you when you are not available to pick it up yourself. This is why Lowe’s provides you with the option of choosing who you want to pick up your delivery from their store. See Can I have someone else pick up my Lowes order?
Yes, you can have someone pick up your Lowe’s order. The simple way to go about this is to add or change your alternative pickup on Lowe’s website and select “free store pickup” as your delivery method. Ensure the person has a photo ID and confirmation mail when going to pick up the order at the store.
Note that once confirmed for pickup, your order will be available for seven days. Meaning you have seven days to send someone over to the store for pickup.
How long will the pickup take?
For the in-store and curbside pickup, it doesn’t usually take long. The number of customers being attended to might sometimes determine how long you will be delayed during the pickup process. However, to avoid unnecessary delays during pickup, the best thing to do is to call to notify the store of your arrival and also give them your order number. Notifying the store on time will make them set your order aside so you can process the pickup faster.
How to go about it?
If you want someone else to pick up your Lowe’s order, you will have to make an update on the website. This will be needed for verification during the pickup at the store. The steps involved in this include;
- Go to Lowe’s website and sign in to your account.
- The next step is to place your order and select “free store pickup” as your delivery method.
- You will need to change or add your alternative pickup by selecting the “edit” button.
- The next thing is to fill out some details about your alternate pickup person.
- Wait till you receive a confirmation email from the store.
- Note that your alternate pickup person will have to take a government-issued ID and the confirmation email for verification to the store during the pickup.
- Remember you need to select the store pickup and wait until you get a mail confirming that your order is available for pickup before sending someone to pick up your order at the store.
- After a while, you will get a confirmation mail to notify you that the order is ready for pickup.
- While at the store, head up to the customer service desk to process the pickup.
- The email confirmation, order number, and ID will be checked for validation of the pickup.
- The email confirmation sent to you includes a QR code which you’ll use to scan at the locker to retrieve the item.
- After making an order on Lowe’s website, you will need to select the “free store pickup” option.
- Next is to fill out the details of your alternate pickup person and wait for the order confirmation email.
- Before heading out to the store for the pickup, you can notify the store through the mobile app to let them know you are on your way.
- On getting to the store, your alternate pickup person will also have to park in one of the designated pickup spaces and call the store to notify them of his arrival.
- Valid ID, order number, and an email confirmation will also be requested before an associate will bring the order to the vehicle.
What if I did not get a confirmation email after completing my order?
A confirmation email should not take too long; you should be able to get it within 2 hours of processing your order. In a situation where you did not receive any confirmation email from Lowe’s after hours of the process of your order, you can then proceed to reach out to the store through their customer service notifying them of the issue. The customer service will track your order and get back to you as soon as possible.
Customer service representatives are saddled with different responsibilities such as rentals, credit card applications, pickups, online orders, credit card payments, returns, and other tasks. So if you happen to not get your confirmation email on time, be calm and understand that they are processing a lot of things and will get to you.
Lowe’s understands that customer satisfaction is the ultimate thing to consider when implementing their store policy that is why they allow you to decide if you want an alternative means of delivery. Before you decide to send someone to pick up your delivery, remember to check if the person has a government-issued means of identification, and also you both should ensure you have received the confirmation mail from the store before heading out to get your order.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What means of identification do I need to pick someone’s order at Lowe’s?
Any valid identification issued by the United States government will be accepted. This can be a driver’s license, passport, or ID card.
- What other delivery options does Lowe’s provide to customers?
There are shipping options, truck delivery, pickup options, and appliance delivery.