Apart from having many stores in different locations across the United States, Lids also operate as a franchise with different shopping malls and fashion outlets. This makes it quite confusing as to how to get an order from Lids and if they accept in-store pickup. In this article, we will look at how to make an in-store pickup at Lids, what you need to know about the pickup, and how to return your order.
Yes, you can have your order shipped to the nearest local store to your location by selecting the option on the website while making your order. Afterward, you will receive a confirmation message by mail or through an SMS when your order is ready for pickup. Free shipping is available for orders above $35.00.
What you Need to Know about your order?
Here are a few things to know before placing an order;
- Your orders can be delayed due to some unplanned situations like bad weather conditions.
- Items coming directly from the manufacturer might take some time to be processed. So before you go ahead to make the order, ensure you are prepared for any delay.
- There are various restrictions and charges on the shipping methods available so ensure to check these out on the Lids website before starting your order.
- Apart from items coming directly from the manufacturer, the majority of the orders will be shipped from lids facilities in Florida, Ohio, Jacksonville, and Frazeysburg.
- For orders from below $35.00, your shipping fee is $4.00 for store pickup. While for orders from $35.00 above, shipping is free.
- Once your order is ready for pickup, you will either receive a call or a confirmation email from lids. To pick up your order from the local store, you will have to present your confirmation mail, order number, and a valid ID.
What happens when I want to make a return?
In a situation where there is a mistake with your order, you can make a return to Lids in exchange for your original order or a refund.
What to know;
- First, check to be sure that there was no damage whatsoever on the item. This is because the item will be examined at the store and if there is damage, you will not likely get a refund.
- Ensure you start the return process within 90 days of receiving the order. For collectible items, you have to report to Lids within 30 days.
- Processing a returned item can take up to 10 working days. While to get a refund, you will have to wait for 2-7 working days. Note that your shipping charges will not be refunded.
Here are the steps to follow;
- After reading the above-listed information and you are still willing to process your return, you can go ahead by applying these steps;
- Get the return form from Lids, and fill it out.
- Ship the item you wish to return along with the form you have completed. Ensure the shipping agent you used is trackable.
- Customized or personal items are not accepted for refunds.
- If you fail to meet up with the 90-day return policy before your item gets to the store, your return will no longer be accepted and the item will be donated to charity.
How do I return a damaged item?
You can return an item that got damaged in the process of shipment. You can also return a faulty item to Lids.
Steps in returning a faulty or damaged item
- The 90-day return policy also applies to damaged and faulty items. Ensure you report to Lids customer service and ensure it is processed within 90 days of receiving the item. For collectible items, you have a 30-day return policy.
- Contact Lids customer service via the Lids Returns Center and explain the nature of the damage or defect to them. You will be asked to send the order number of the item; ensure you have the order number with you while making the call.
- After contacting customer service, the next step is to fill out the return form and return the item along with the form back to Lids.
- You can either get a refund or a replacement for your item. Refunds are faster to process.
How do I ensure my item gets to Lids?
As long as you accessed the Lids Returns Center on the website, it will be easy to track your item and ensure it gets to Lids within the 90 days stipulated in the return policy. You can always visit the Returns Center and track your item using the order number.
Lids make it easy for you to pick up your order by walking into the nearest local store to your location. Ensure that you have your order number, confirmation email, and a valid means of identification with you before going for your pick-up. In a situation where there is an error with your delivery; probably you received the wrong item or you discovered it has been damaged, immediately inform Lids customer service so that a refund or replacement can be processed on time.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I get my original shipping charges while processing a refund for an item?
Unfortunately, you will not be able to get your original shipping charges but be rest assured you will get a full refund for the item.
- How do I track my return without the order number?
If you have misplaced your item’s order number, you can check the Returns Center on the Lids website, log in with the email address you used to place the order, click on “I don’t remember my Order ID.” From there, you will be able to see your order history.