Walmart is a multinational retailer that manages a chain of retail supermarkets in the United States. The multinational corporation operates 10,566 stores worldwide. The Medicare Advantage Program issues the elderly citizens with an Over Counter card (OTC) that they can use at Walmart stores. Let’s know about OTC Card Eligible Items At Walmart.
Walmart has the Healthy Benefits Plus, a health plan benefit that covers Medicare-approved healthcare, over-the-counter, and wellness products at any Walmart store or website using the OTC card.
What Is The OTC Walmart Card?
Over the Counter (OTC) card is a prepaid type of card issued by insurance companies for elderly citizens Medicare Advantage Program plan. This can be used to purchase eligible over-the-counter health and wellness products at Walmart stores, Walmart.com. and other participating stores. Your healthcare insurance provider loads your OTC card with cash to use for purchases just as one would use a credit card.
Eligible OTC Card Items at Walmart
Walmart offers its consumers a variety of health and wellness products at its stores and Walmart.com. Not all over-the-counter wellness and health products can be purchased using the OTC card at Walmart.
Eligible products vary from participating stores. Walmart eligible products include:
- Supports, braces, and wraps.
- First aid.
- Digestive health.
- Antibiotic ointments.
- Vitamins and supplements.
- Eye and ear care.
- Dental and oral health.
- Allergy, sinus, cold and flu, pain relief.
- Home health care and daily living.
- Diabetes Care.
Non-Eligible Items Using The OTC Card at Walmart
There are products that one cannot purchase using the OTC card. They include:
- Cosmetic items.
- Alternative medicines.
- Teeth whitening products.
- Hair coloring products.
- Dietary supplements.
When shopping online at Walmart.com to check for eligible items lookout for the ‘Healthy Benefits+ Item’ words written below the product prices.
How to Pay Using the OTC Card at Walmart?
There are two ways one can use their OTC card to pay for eligible items purchased at either Walmart in-store or Walmart.com.
One can purchase eligible items using the OTC card on Walmart.com or the Walmart app on the mobile phone.
- First, you need to open a Walmart account on Walmart.com to be able to pay for goods online.
- After placing all our purchases on the cart, head to check out. Your card has a 17-digit account number and a 4-digit security code that you will use when purchasing items online.
- During checkout, select the ‘Gift Card’ as your preferred method of payment.
- Enter your 17-digit account number on the section written ‘Gift Card Number’.
- Enter your 4-digit security code on the section written ‘PIN Code’.
- Complete your payment.
Using your OTC card as your preferred payment option at Walmart stores is pretty simple. Just present your OTC card during checkout and the cashier will process your payment.
Note that not all OTC card programs are not accepted in stores purchases and can only be used to purchase items online.
Users can place their orders via phone by dialing the number provided at the back of your OTC card and a customer care representative will be able to assist you with your order.
Insurance Providers That Issue OTC Cards That Can Be Used at Walmart
There are so many insurance providers that issue Medicare Advantage plans, but not all of them that offer the OTC card is accepted at Walmart stores.
The following insurance carriers issue OTC cards that can be used at Walmart include:
- Anthem BC
- Florida Blue Medicare
- Blue KC MA.
- Anthem Maine Health
- Clover Health
- Empire BCBS
- Priority Health Medicare
- Anthem Health Keepers
- Well care Assistive Devices
- Anthem BCBS
Advantages of The OTC Walmart Card
Advantages of having the OTC card are:
- Your card is security protection using PIN, touch, and face I.D.
- Most of the OTC cards offer users up to $50 weekly benefits for the purchase of grocery items such as fruits, vegetables, meat, seafood, and dairy products.
- Users get discounts on certain items from Walmart.
- OTC cards can be used to shop both online and in stores.
- One can place orders via phone by calling the number at the back of their OTC card.
Users of the Over the Counter (OTC) card can purchase eligible over-the-counter health and wellness products at any Walmart store and walmart.com. These cards operate like a debit card and offer certain benefits to their users like discounts and weekly benefits on grocery items at Walmart.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When ordering goods online using the OTC card do I pay for shipping?
No, one is not charged shipping fees. Shipping charges are automatically removed once you select a Gift card as your preferred method of payment.
- Can one shop online at Walmart using the OTC card?
Yes, one can shop online at Walmart.com for all their over-the-counter health and wellness products.
- Does one pay taxes for products paid for through OTC cards?
Yes, sales tax is added to all products on all OTC programs.