Nobody feels good about receiving damaged or wrong products, everybody wants them to meet their desired standards in terms of quality and value. If the products don’t stand according to your expectations you want to return them which is why you should be familiar with the return policies and rules of the particular firm.Can Wayfair Items be Returned To Walmart? Products from Wayfair, an online home goods retailer, cannot be returned to Walmart even if they are available for purchase in the online Walmart shop. They have a “retail partnership” in which they promote each other’s Products. Walmart does not operate or own Wayfair so its products must be returned back within 30 days of delivery to Wayfair itself.
Wayfair Return Policy
If you are unsatisfied with your Wayfair purchase and you want to return it then you have 30 days to return it from the date of delivery. The products must be in the original packing and contain all additional gear like manuals, instructions or accessories that may have come with your purchase.
This rules applies to all offered products except for the ones listed below:
- Large appliances can be returned after one month if you haven’t installed them. But the company won’t take it back if you have installed them.
- Wedding registry gifts can be returned 90 days after the wedding to make an exchange for store credit (you have to contact a Wayfair Registry Specialist and have your Registry number handy.
- Mattresses can be returned after 100 days.
Besides the already installed appliances, you can’t return:
- personalized products and gifts
- Open-box products
- Clearance items
- Bundled items (unless all items are returned. (e.g. 5 for $100)
- Items with a non-returnable tag
- Items already assembled
Ways to Return Items to Wayfair
There are two ways to return the items back:
- Returning the product back to the store, but the problem is that the company has only one mortar and brick store in Natick, Massachusetts. So, you won’t be able to make in-store returns unless you are in this city or willing to travel to the store.
Note– Wayfair products sold on Walmart.com are not eligible for in-store returns because they are sold by third-party retailers.
- Requesting for an online return of the product.
What are Steps to Return Products to Wayfair Online?
- Sign in your Wayfair account.
- Tap on My Orders and select the product you want to return.
- Click on the Return Item option.
- Choose the return and refund option according to your convenience.
- Print the Shipping Label that has been sent by the company on your email.
- Put the label on the parcel and drop it off to the nearest FedEx or UPS location.
Note– In case of heavy or fragile products return, Wayfair will arrange to pick it from your location itself.
Your return will be processed by the company in five business days after receiving the parcel.You will either be refunded through in-store credits that you can use to buy other Wayfair products or through the mode of payment made to purchase the product.
Note– You can only change your refund method before returning the stuff. You can do this on My Orders page as well.
Wayfair and Walmart are in a “retail partnership” below which they can sell or promote each other’s products by means of their online e-commerce platforms. But Walmart does not accept return requests for Wayfair products ordered through its e-commerce platform as both of them are separate firms . Walmart does not operate or own Wayfair. The Wayfair items can be returned by shipping them in original condition.
You can return it either by requesting for an online return or visiting its brick and mortar store located in The Natick Mall, Natick, Massachusetts. If you have to return heavy, large and fragile items through a special carrier, don’t return the shipping label as Wayfair will arrange to pick the item from your location.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.Is free Return available on Wayfair?
A.Wayfair Return Policy includes paying for shipping cost which is deducted from the refund amount once the return process is over. But, if the reason for return is an error by Wayfair, or a detective or damaged product then they will themselves pay the return shipping charges.
2.How is shipping cost determined?
A.The cost of the shipping varies depending on the location of return. It will be automatically deducted at the time of refund.
3.Can the return be canceled after it is initiated?
A.Yes, you can cancel the initiated return request by visiting the My Orders page and following the prompts. But you cannot cancel the return once you placed the item in the mail.
4.Does Wayfair give an Extended Holiday Return Period?
A.Yes, for all kinds of stuff bought between November 1 – December 31, Wayfair gives all the shoppers time until 31st January to make returns.