Patagonia started gaining acknowledge for being a conscious brand that cared about the impact of its products on the environment. Now, it is one of the better-known ethical brands per excellence. What may make people question whether to shop from Patagonia or not is that they do not know which carrier it uses for shipping. Hence, this article will answer their question and give them enough reasons to shop in this amazing store.
Patagonia uses both regional carriers and UPS to deliver its orders. The former is used to provide final delivery while the latter usually carries international orders. Customers get access to multiple shipping methods when they purchase from patagonia.com as well.
The brand Patagonia is pretty well-known for representing an activist company. The American retailer, founded in 1973 by Yvon Chouinard, specializes in outdoor clothing. Today, hundreds of Patagonia stores and factories exist across the five continents.
Patagonia directs a part of its sales income (1%) to support preserving and restoring the natural environments of the world. It has also created programs to gather individuals that provide solutions to the environmental crisis, like the program Patagonia Action Works.
Speaking of its products, which are mostly made from recycled materials, Patagonia sells from basic items like t-shirts and jeans to sleeping bags, fishing gear, swimwear, and baby’s clothing. Finally, Patagonia relies on regional carriers to provide most of its orders’ final delivery, so it is hard to know which carrier it will use exactly.
Patagonia Shipping Methods
Patagonia employs multiple shipping methods, such as the following:
- Ground shipping – It is free for orders over $75. This method delivers to all addresses in the United States although it and it may take up to 10 business days.
- Standard Shipping – Also delivers to all addresses in the country, but it takes up to 8 business days and its price varies depending on the type of order.
- For orders of $50 or less, the price is $8.50.
- For orders between $50 and $100, the price is $10.95.
- For orders between $100 and $200, the price is $12.95.
- For orders of more than $200, the price is $13.95.
- 2-Day delivery – This method CAN NOT ship to P.O. boxes and the order must be placed before 1:30 p.m. to guarantee that delivery takes place in 2 days.
- For orders of $50 or less, the price is $23.50.
- For orders between $50 and $100, the price is $25.95.
- For orders between $100 and $200, the price is $27.97.
- For orders of more than $200, the price is $28.95.
- Next-Day delivery – Applies exactly as the 2-Day delivery, but the price changes as follows:
- For orders of $50 or less, the price is $28.50.
- For orders between $50 and $100, the price is $30.95.
- For orders between $100 and $200, the price is $32.95.
- For orders of more than $200, the price is $33.95.
- International Shipping – This methods ships approximately in 1 to 2 business days. It is available for most countries except for Russia and Brazil.
- To Mexico and/or The Caribbean, the price is $40.
- To Central and South America, the price is $75.
- To Oceania and/or Asia, the price is $50.
- Outside of Europe, the price is $60.
In case of wonder; Patagonia does not ship to Freight Forwarders. Additionally, the company does not ship or deliver on multiple days like New Year’s Eve/Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Independence Day, among others.
This American shipping and delivery company is one of the largest carriers in the world. The United Parcel Service was founded more than a hundred years ago, in 1907, by James E. Casey. Currently, the company is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
UPS competes at the national level with FedEx, USPS, and DHL. However, in order to compete with them, UPS provides formidable services like domestic and international shipping through ground and air. Besides, there is even a UPS store, which was created to enable customers to ship international packages to the store location and collect them from it.
Which Patagonia items use UPS to be shipped?
As long as placing any order from Patagonia’s U.S. website, every order that needs to be shipped outside of the country (to the regions mentioned above) will use UPS as the designated carrier. Thus, every international order will be shipped from the following address: Patagonia, 8550 White Fir St., Reno, NV, 89523, United States.
Although it is hard to tell which carrier Patagonia will use to ship to a specific location, customers can rely on one thing: it will not only arrive safe, but the carrier will also be the less damaging option for the environment. Speaking of international orders, every order is carried by UPS, which provides one of the best delivery services in the world. This being said, you must agree that Patagonia cares a lot for both the environment and its customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long do I have to wait before my order is shipped?
Most orders take up to 2 days before they are shipped.
- Does free shipping apply for international orders?
No, it does not.
- Next-Day delivery works for orders shipped to Alaska?
No, shipment to Alaska always takes from 2 to 3 business days.