Target is an American retail corporation, started in 1962 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, which owns one of the largest chains of superstores all over the world. Target has recently expanded its stores all over India. Target has over 1,900 stores all over the United States. It is world-renowned for having one store for all items you want to buy, whether it be groceries, clothes, electronics, appliances, etc. Other than its stores, Target also has its website and mobile app available on Apple and Android devices, where anyone can shop easily. Does Target take PayPal?
Multiple payment options
For its website and mobile apps, Target takes multiple payment options:
- Target has a payment card called Target RedCard that has different options like Target Debit Card, Target Credit Card, and Target Mastercard.
- Target accepts different kinds of third-party American credit cards like American Express, Discover/Novus, Mastercard, Visa, and also multiple credit cards from foreign banks.
- It accepts third-party debit cards of Mastercard and Visa.
- As Target offers Gift Cards for its customers to buy for their loved ones, you can use the same as well to make purchases.
- Third-party gift cards from different providers like American Express, Discover, Mastercard, and Visa are also accepted.
- PayPal can also be used to make purchases on the app as well as the website, but it won’t be accepted as a payment method for items sold by Target Plus’s Partners, which are local stores that have a tie-up with Target corporation itself.
Payment methods accepted at Target stores
- Target does accept payments in Cash or Coins but not the currency of a foreign country. Although, depending upon where the store is located in America, Target also accepts Canadian dollars or Mexican pesos.
- Similar to the website or app, it accepts payments from its payment card, Target RedCard.
- Target gives its customers an option of paying for the items in their mobile application while they’re shopping in the physical store.
- It accepts all major American credit cards such as Mastercard, Visa, Discover/Novus, American Express, etc. Credit cards from foreign banks are also accepted. Customers can also use credit cards provided by Target’s partners like Diner’s Club International for payments.
- Debit or ATM Cards issued by banks in the US are accepted. Some stores will accept Canadian debit/ATM cards that are partnered with ‘NYCE’ or ‘Interac’ in authorized stores.
- Customers also have an option of using Target Mastercard or any other debit/credit card which can use Contactless payments.
- Gift Cards such as Target GiftCards, Merchandise Return Cards, or Prepaid Gift Cards with a Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express logo, can be used to make payments. Starbucks gift cards can be used at the Starbucks stores in Target. However, Target GiftCards cannot be used to pay for a Target RedCard or purchase a Target GiftCard, specialty gift card, American Express, Visa or Mastercard gift card, iTunes gift card at Target stores.
- Target also offers Target Corporation Gift Certificates to its employees, which can be used to make payments in the country where it was issued.
- Merchandise vouchers provided by Target never get expired, therefore they can be used anytime and anywhere for payments in the store.
- Target’s checkout registers are able to accept multiple cards, whether it be a Credit or Debit card, for a single payment.
- Rebate Checks can generally be used to pay for a part of the whole payment but can’t be used to purchase any Target GiftCards, specialty gift cards, or any third-party gift cards from American Express, Discover, Visa, or Mastercard. FSA /HSA checks can be used at the pharmacy at the store and in the optical lanes.
- WIC or Woman, Infant, and Children Program can be used for payments, but only in authorized stores.
- Mobile Payments from applications like PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc. are accepted to make payments. Alipay can be used only in authorized stores.
- Similarly, Campus Cash can only be used in authorized stores.
Target, in its physical stores as well as its mobile applications, allows you to use PayPal to pay for your various purchases across the world. For more details, you can refer to Target’s official website.
- What should I do if Target declines my payment?
The customer can contact their respective payment service provider’s customer services that declined their payment, i.e., PayPal, the respective bank which provided them the Debit/Credit card, etc. Meanwhile, the customer can use a different payment method to pay for their order on the website or the application on their mobile phone.
- PayPal is not authorizing my payments for the Target app. What to do?
PayPal’s authorization holds can extend up to 365 days, which is renewed every 30 days unless the order is cancelled.
If you haven’t placed an order on the Target application and still have an Authorization Hold, check your cart items in the Target App or website. Removing items or the PayPal account will remove the authorization hold.