Lowes is a retail chain store in the United States that exclusively deals in the sale of home equipment products and services. Lowes is one of the largest retail hardware chain stores that specialize in selling home appliances, plumbing tools, hardware tools, building materials, and many more. Lowes has over 2,000 locations and has operations in the United States and Canada. Let’s know ‘Does Lowes Rent Trailers?’
Lowes provides high-quality home improvement equipment rental services. Yes, Lowes does rent trailers. They offer different types of trailers and the prices depend on the type of trailer that you want to rent. Whether it is a dump trailer or a carry-on trailer they have you covered.
Types of Trailers You Can Rent at Lowes
There are several types of trailers available at Lowes for small trailers to large trailers. There are three main types of trailers that you can rent from Lowes:
- Tandem Axle Dump Trailer-. Its name stems from the fact that it has two axels in the back right next to each other that allow it to carry heavier loads since it has a large surface area.
- High-Side Carry-On Utility Trailer- this type of trailer is suitable for loads that do not exceed 735 kg. (1625 pounds). It is suitable for use when transporting and delivering things like furniture, lawnmowers, trash, and anything that is not so heavy.
- Single Axle Dump Trailer- this type of trailer can be used to transport furniture, small vehicles, and lighter loads since it can carry up to 1420Kgs. (3130 pounds). One can use a hydraulic system to dump out your load.
How to rent a trailer at Lowes?
Lowe’s rental process is quite simple. The steps below are how one can rent a trailer at Lowe’s rental tool service online:
- Open an Account.
You need to create an account through the Lowes rental portal before renting a trailer and fill out the necessary information.
- Selection of Equipment.
Through the portal, you can search for the equipment that you are looking for near you. The portal will use the information that you provided while opening an account to direct you to the nearest store that has the type of trailer equipment that you are looking for. During the selection process, the portal will indicate whether the trailer is available or not, and if it is not it will indicate the estimated time that it will be available and the stores where you can rent it from.
If you find the type of trailer you are looking for, add it to your cart.
- Select The Rental Dates.
Once you have added your pieces of equipment to your cart, you can go ahead and select the dates that you want to rent the trailers. There are types of duration that you can choose from. You can choose hourly, daily, or weekly but the minimum rental period is four hours and the maximum rental period is a month.
- Submit Your Application.
Once you have completed the above steps, you can submit the rental application but you need to be 21 years and above for rental approval.
Once these are complete continue to checkout and provide your name, phone number. Lowes requires an installment for reservation of the equipment. You will be sent a QR code once the system checks your application and save it since you will use it during pick up. Go ahead and complete your payment.
- Pick up.
During pick-up, you will be required to provide the QR code together with the receipt, I.D, insurance, and a driver’s license. They will give you the trailer and you are good to go.
How Much Does Lowes Charge to Rent a Trailer?
The prices of renting a trailer will depend on the type of trailer and the period you are renting the trailer. You are required to pay a refundable repayment of $200 for the reservation of the trailer.
- High-Side Carry-On Utility Trailer rents for $ 27 for four hours and $380 for four weeks.
- Tandem Axle Dump Trailer rents for $101 for four hours and $1,001 for four weeks.
- Single Axle Dump Trailer rents for $81 for four hours and $804 for four weeks.
There are also cleaning fees involved if you return your trailer in a dirty condition and this will cost you around $200.
How to Return Rented Trailer at Lowes?
When you are done using the trailer, you can return it on the last day of your rental pickup to the store that you rented it from. They will scan the QR code and will instruct you on where to place the trailer and you can detach it from your vehicle. If you have an outstanding balance, you will be required to complete it.
Lowes has a trailer rental service for different types of trailers. Lowes rents trailers at different prices, which are all dependent on the duration and type of trailer you are looking for. When renting a trailer from Lowes, you are required to provide an I.D, a driver’s license, some form of insurance and one must be 21 years and above.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What sizes of trailers can I find at Lowes?
The available sizes are:
- Carry-On Trailer of size 5’ x 8’
- Tandem Axle Dump Trailer of size 6’ x 10’
- Single Axle Dump Trailer of size 5’ x 10’
- Is Lowes cheaper than Home Depot?
Yes, Lowes is cheaper compared to Home Depot.