Introduction paragraph –
Here we will see about the Amazon Prime Video Not Working.
Late night movies, online streaming videos and a lot more entertainment on Amazon Prime are the recent buzzwords among netizens. What If Amazon prime video stops working? You cannot postpone your entertainment, so you need to get it correct as soon as possible. Right!
Answer paragraph –
If your Amazon prime video is not working due to various reasons that may be troubling you like account is not active, required internet bandwidth is not present, Wi-Fi router issue, getting some kind of error, outdated version, issue in reinstalling HDMI cable or the device itself, here are some ways which you can try to get out of the problem.
Is your Prime video account active or not?
Your prime video can stop working in two scenarios –
1. you haven’t paid the bill
2. your account has been canceled
You can follow two simple steps to check the status:
1. go to account page setting
2. check the status that is paid and active or not
Device Connected to the internet or not?
Bandwidth has a very important role. So check if you are connected to the internet or not. If yes, then check the router and restart it. Video will not run without the internet unless it is downloaded.
Get the device restarted
Sometimes your device also needs to be restarted like you. So allow the device to get restarted to solve the issue.
Reinstall the app
if restarting the device does not give results then uninstall the app. Further reinstall it and if asked log into it.
Follow the following steps to reinstall the app in android:
•visit the play store
• search the app- Amazon prime video
•select install to reinstall it
• follow the following steps to reinstall the app in iOS
• go to home screen and search for amazon prime video app and uninstall it by long press
• press on delete option
• go to app store
- reinstall the app
•follow following steps to reinstall the app on TV:
• go to google play store
• uninstall the Amazon prime video app
• again reinstall it
These methods will also work while you are getting error code while playing video.
Turn off unwanted internet activity or network tools
If you are downloading a large file or more people are also using the same Wi-Fi connection, then you will not get the needed bandwidth.
Stop any other internet activity or turn off network tools like VPN if not needed. In the case of Wi-Fi, bring the streaming device and router nearer to each other for better internet connectivity.
HDMI cable- right or not?
There is a possibility that the HDMI cable will not work if it is old or not in a proper order. You have to check the following information regarding the cable.
HDCP 1.4 is required for HD content. HDCP 2.2 HDMI cable is needed for 4k content. This can be done if you have the details of the cable or you can check it on the cable itself.
Buy a new cable if your cable is outdated. There is no other way. Let’s move further to it.
Try on a different device
If it is not working on your smart TV try it on your smartphone or open it in a browser on your computer.
If it is working on another device, reboot the first device.
Error codes during prime video title
Sometimes prime video titles won’t play or you see error codes such as 1007,1022, 7003, 7005, 7031, 7135, 7202, 7203, 7204, 7206, 7207, 7230, 7250, 7251, 7301, 7303, 7305, 7306, 8020, 9003, 9074. There Is no such guide from Amazon. But there are some general guidelines you can follow in general.
- Check if there is an announcement – If all users are facing the same problem “check this feed and see if there is an announcement”
- If the browser and app is up- to- date or not? – you can check for the latest update in the browser setting or the App store on your phone and TV. Install any available updates and restart your device
- reinstall the prime video app
If Amazon prime video is not working, try the given ways properly, starting with the general ways to error based solutions. Technical glitches on online platforms are very common especially now-a-days when more people are joining the platform as people are preferring online mode entertainment more due to COVID-19.
Frequently asked questions:
1. Does Amazon prime video work without the internet?
Ans. No, if not downloaded
2. Do we have to log in again after reinstalling the app?
3. on which devices Amazon prime can work?
Ans. Smart TV, Android, IOS, PC
4. Will Amazon Prime continue without paying the bill?
5. Which cable is needed for 4K content?
Ans. HDCP 2.2 HDMI cable