Before plunging right away into your query, let’s first understand what Xfinity and Roku are! Xfinity is a well-renowned telecommunications company in the United States, aiming to provide internet facilities, telephone communication, cable television, and wireless services to its customers. It came into existence in 2010 and is headquartered in Pennsylvania, United States. Xfinity Stream includes all the channels that come with Xfinity TV; some are NBC, HBO, ABC, MTV, etc. Xfinity thus provides over 250 different channels to its users! Let’s learn about ‘Xfinity Stream on Roku’.
As regards Roku, it is a brand that specializes in hardware digital media players. Roku, through its devices, aims to popularize the concept of cost-effective small set-top boxes for easy and convenient media consumption.
Does Roku work with Xfinity Stream?
Roku has become quite well-esteemed in the United States because of the many benefits it provides its customers with. From streaming Netflix and Amazon to watching your favorite TV channels without having to flip through channels, Roku provides it all!
As regards your query, let’s not keep you in any more doubts! In 2017, Xfinity publicly announced the emergence of its streaming app for various devices, and you may be delighted to know that Roku is one of them!
Now that you know that Roku devices work with the Xfinity streaming app let’s also look at the basic requirements you need to fulfill.
What are the Basic Requirements?
Xfinity claims that you can easily stream it on the various Roku devices if you fulfill the following prerequisites:
- The first and foremost (and quite obvious!) thing to keep in mind is to get an Xfinity subscription, without which you cannot access the Xfinity streaming app. However, However, Xfinity does not hesitate to offer various cost-effective plans which you can easily choose from!
- The next thing to do is to check the terms and agreements of the plan you choose to get. By doing this, you will get to know whether they will ask you for an Early Termination Fee when necessary or not!
- The most important thing to bear in mind while buying a Roku device is that not all devices affiliated with Roku allow the Xfinity stream app.
- The Roku devices that allow Xfinity streaming are Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Roku Express, Express+, Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere+, Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Sound Bar, and Roku 2-4.
- Another important thing that tends your attention is that you need to be operating on version 8.1 b1 on your Roku device.
To check your Roku version, all you need to do is click on Settings, select Systems, and click on About.
Now that you know about the essential, necessary preconditions required to stream Xfinity on your Roku device, let’s move ahead and know how to install Xfinity on Roku.
Installing Xfinity on Roku
To install the Xfinity streaming app on Roku, you need to follow these steps:
- On your home screen, select the left-side menu. Once this is done, select the option Streaming Channels.
- The next thing to do is to click on Search Channel.
- In the search tab, enter the term ‘Xfinity.’
- You will be provided with a list on which you have to select the Xfinity Stream Beta channel.
- To download and install the channel, all you have to do is click on the option Add Channel.
Once the Xfinity Stream app installation is done, you need to make sure to sign in and set up the Xfinity channel on your Roku device!
Setting up Xfinity on Roku
Follow the below-mentioned steps to sign in and set up your Xfinity channel:
- Next, open the channel and select the option Sign In.
- Once you do the first step, you will receive an Activation Code on the screen.
- On your phone or laptop, visit the website xfinity.com/authorize
- All you need to do is enter the code on this website.
- Once this is done, you will be asked to fill in your Xfinity id and password to log in to your account.
- Once the Roku screen appears, you will be presented with the terms and conditions. Read them and if you think there’s nothing wrong, select Yes.
- Bravo! All you have left to do is name your device and select the option Confirm.
Who knew setting up the Xfinity streaming app on Roku would be this easy! Right? Besides network connectivity problems and login issues, users barely report any significant issues which cannot be quickly resolved!
Watching Cable TV has quickly become more fun and exciting with the emergence of Roku’s devices and streaming apps such as Xfinity. Now that we have enlightened you regarding all the essential information and the basic steps you need to follow, we hope that this article aids you well in enjoying watching your favorite channels while comfortably snuggled under warm blankets!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How many channels does the Xfinity streaming app offer?
The Xfinity streaming app offers more than 250 channels, including HBO, MTV, Nat Geo, and the likes.
- How can you use the Xfinity streaming app?
The Xfinity streaming app is free if you already have an Xfinity TV subscription. However, you can quickly get the Xfinity TV subscription if you don’t have one.
- Are there any issues while using the Xfinity streaming app on Roku?
Some users have complained that there are sometimes network connectivity issues and login problems.