When it comes to choosing the best fast food restaurant, many people may think about the king of burgers and the king of chicken sandwiches: McDonald’s Vs Chick-fil-A. Both are the leading American Fast Food Companies liked by the customers. But which one is better and why?
Although these restaurants have slightly different menus, customers argue that they are still great competitors. This article is going to find out in what aspects McDonald’s and Chick-fil-A compete against the other and, if possible, which is the best.
McDonald’s was founded in 1940 by the McDonald brothers. The restaurant started as a burger stand in San Bernardino, California. Years later it became a franchise and introduced its Golden Arches logo. In 1954, Ray Kroc acquired the business and helped it become one of the largest restaurant chains in the world.
Today McDonald’s operates in more than 100 countries serving millions of customers every day. Its efficiency, based on uniform methods, to prepare consistent and high-quality products is worldwide admired and replicated by many businesses.
Chick-fil-A is known as the supposed inventor of the chicken sandwich after Samuel Truett Cathy discovered the perfect recipe. Although, in the beginning, the restaurant founded by Cathy in 1946 was named Dwarf Grill, his discovery made the whole business evolve into what the current restaurant is.
At the present, Chick-fil-A operates in 47 states in the United States and Canada, although the company plans of expanding to Hawaii and Puerto Rico soon.
Menu & Princes
The two restaurants offer a large menu that includes entrées, breakfast, salads, kids’
meals, drinks, and desserts. Nevertheless, McDonald’s offers a $1 breakfast menu and it’s considered the most affordable option overall.
- Classic Chicken Sandwich – $4.55
- Grilled chicken sandwich – $6
- Chick-fil-A Nuggets – $5
- Big Mac – $3.99
- Filet-O-Fish – $3.79
- Chicken McNuggets – $4.49
- Egg White Grill – $3.45
- Chicken Biscuit – $2.10
- Hash Brown Scramble Burrito – $5.15
- Sausage McMuffin – $1.19
- Sausage Biscuit – $1.19
- Egg & Cheese Biscuit – $1.39
- Southwest Chargrilled Salad – $5.69
- Chargrilled & Fruit Salad – $5.99
- Chargrilled Chicken Garden Salad – $5.69
- Bacon Ranch Salad – $4.59
- Southwest Salad – $4.79
- 2 piece Chiki-n-Strips – $4.09
- 4 piece Chick-fil-A Nuggets – $3.29
- Happy Meal: Chicken McNuggets – $3.29
- Happy Meal: Cheeseburger – $2.79
- Chick-fil-A lemonade – $2.60
- Iced coffee – $3.50
- Freshly-Brewed Iced Tea – $2.20
- Smoothie or Frappe from $2.39 to $3.39.
- Premium Roast Coffee from $1 to $1.49.
- Shakes from $2.19 to $2.99.
Working hours have changed for both restaurants due to COVID-19. Now, McDonald’s is open every day of the week, from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., although these hours might change per location.
Chick-fil-A restaurants are open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., but these hours may also vary depending on locations. Besides, Chick-fil-A is closed on Sundays.
- McDonald’s serves breakfast from 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., except for the weekends, when it’s served until 11:00 a.m.
- Chick-fil-A serves breakfast from 6:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- McDonald’s lunch hours start at 10:30 a.m. on weekdays, and at 11:00 a.m. on weekends.
- Chick-fil-A serves lunch after 10:30 a.m.
According to the last results of the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ASCI), Chick-fil-A is rated as the best fast-food restaurant in the country. To decide this, ASCI interviewed 20,000 people in 2021 about multiple fast-food franchises, including McDonald’s and Chick-fil-A.
This rating takes into consideration food quality, staff service, cleanness of the restaurant, menu variety, website and app’s reliability, along with delivery/checkout speed. Based on the answers, Chick-fil-A got a score of 83 over McDonald’s score of 70.
Both companies have particularly bold marketing campaigns. Chick-fil-A’s ad featuring cows writing on a billboard the phrase “EAT MOR CHIKIN” is still remembered today with astonishment. Followers of the brand have also reviewed its personality as sincere yet exciting.
Parallelly, McDonald’s campaigns have positively transformed people’s perception of the brand even though fast food is highly criticized lately. By emphasizing action and youthfulness, McDonald’s advertisement produces excitement, and people are willing to consume its food to feel the same excitement.
With similarly large menus, McDonald’s and Chick-fil-A are considered competitors, although when it comes to price, McDonald’s is a bit cheaper. However, the quality of service, delivery, and cleanliness is better at Chick-fil-A.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Does Chick-Fil-A Have A Mascot Like Mcdonald’s Has Ronald Mcdonald?
Cows are considered mascots of the restaurant, although they’re not well-established mascots.
2) Why Does Chick-Fil-A Close On Sundays?
It’s a tradition influenced by the Christian values that its founder had.