PayPal is an American company that offers an alternative to traditional money orders and checks to electronic modes of payment. The company operates online in the majority of the countries that support online money transfers. It also serves as a payment processor for online merchants, various auction sites, and many other commercial users around the world, and it charges a fee for these services. The company started its operations in 1998 just when new technology was on the brink of emerging into the financial sector.When it comes to shipping the products you bought using PayPal, the application offers two options you can choose from. You should download the PayPal app if you do not have it already.
One of the options you can use is shipping via USPS or UPS shipping. Using any one of these two carriers has benefits you may want to take advantage of. You can reduce costs of shipping, simplify your shipping experience and also save time if using one of these two carriers.
When using the USPS shipping option, you can access domestic or international services. They include flat rate boxes, first-class mail service, priority mail service, priority mail express service, and many others. Most of all you can have access to the USPS commercial base pricing.
- Flat rate shipping
USPS flat rate shipping allows you to pay only one rate regardless of the weight of your package or the distance by which it is going to be delivered. This means that whether you are shipping domestically or internationally the rate remains the same which helps you save some money. This standard rate also includes other services offered by USPS like tracking your package as it transits to your destination and insurance service in case your package is damaged or lost.
- First-class mail service
This service is used when you are shipping lightweight packages and envelopes up to 3 pounds. This service typically takes a maximum of 5 days to deliver to wherever you are. You can send or receive letters, postcards, small packages, or large envelopes at an affordable rate.
- Priority mail service
This service is mainly used if you buy items using PayPal and delivery is domestic. AndThis service is not used for international shipping because the items are typically delivered to another USPS post office. This service offers a cheap way of tracking and delivering within 3 days.
- Priority mail express service
This is also a domestic mail service and does not ship to international destinations. It is considered the fastest with your package delivered in 2 days maximum and it also has a money-back guarantee in case of anything going wrong.
The UPS shipping option of shipping from PayPal is mostly considered by other business owners who want to save on shipping costs. This is because UPS offers businesses discounts of up to 50% off on ground shipments meaning the packages are transported by trucks which means that this delivery option is most suitable for domestic customers.
Additionally, UPS also offers an air service option where the packages are transported by air to both domestic and international destinations. Although this service is substantially more expensive than the latter, UPS offers a 66% discount when using PayPal payments. Other US domestic daily rates are also subsidized when you use PayPal as your mode of transaction.
How shipping using PayPal works?
There are three simple steps to take when shipping using PayPal.
- Log in to your PayPal account and select the items you would like to ship. Then select the ‘ready to ship’ option and print the shipping labels required.
- Fill in the shipping form by choosing the shipping service you want to use and other shipping options available and calculate the shipping cost.
- Confirm the details, print the shipping label, attach it to your package then pay and ship.
Benefits of using PayPal shipping carriers
- There is no need to pay a subscription or monthly fees to use the shipping carriers
- You can reduce shipping costs by taking advantage of the discounts offered by USPS and UPS shipping
- You can purchase and print shipping labels easily
- Track packages all through the shipping process using your PayPal account
- You can save time because your shipping address is already on your PayPal account so it is faster and reduces errors in the shipping
- For businesses, the package is automatically protected because the tracking number is saved on the PayPal Seller Protection database.
Using the PayPal shipping options is very beneficial to customers because it reduces the shipping costs considerably. The cost is one of the most important elements that customers and businesses put into consideration when making a purchase. And when that cost is reduced significantly as PayPal does it increases the possibility that more customers are going to use the service often.
Frequently asked questions
- How can I track my shipment using PayPal?
PayPal usually sends notifications to their customers concerning their packages and you can easily track them on your PayPal account.
- Can I get my shipment faster when I use PayPal?
PayPal gives you the option to choose your shipping preferences using their shipping carrier options.
- How does PayPal ship internationally?
The customer can use online customs for easy international shipments.