When a person thinks of a loyalty program, they might think about those offered by department stores, but these are not the only retailers that have special programs for loyal customers. Speaking of video games, GameStop is unparalleled and its customer base is so big that the store has decided to create a way to reward them all. This article will introduce you to the types of loyalty programs offered by GameStop.GameStop offers customers the opportunity to join two types of loyalty programs: The PowerUp Rewards program, which is free, and the PowerUp Rewards Pro program, which requires an annual commission. Keep on reading to find out all about them and how to join today!
GameStop PowerUp Rewards
The PowerUp Rewards is a loyalty program created and owned by the shop GameStop. This program is completely free. The basic benefits provided by it are the accumulation of points with every in-store and online purchase.
The program is currently available in the U.S. only and select GameStop stores participate in it. Likewise, applicants must be at least 13 years old to join.
The way PowerUp Rewards works is the following:
- Members get 10 points for every dollar spent.
- To get the points, members are supposed to provide their account number at the checkout (both in-store and online).
- It takes from 24-48 hours to see points reflected on the member’s account.
This being said, joining GameStop’s loyalty program seems like a fair and simple way to earn points that enable members to use them on their next purchases. But this is not the only program promoted by GameStop. Keep on reading to discover a new level of reward!
A New Level of Reward: GameStop PowerUp Rewards Pro
GameStop wanted to create more value for its customers and so it designed the PowerUp Rewards Pro loyalty program. The program is based on the fact that GameStop customers want to be rewarded in different ways, so PowerUp Rewards offer multiple types of rewards, each for a specific type of customer.
In contrast to the regular PowerUp Rewards program, the Pro version includes several benefits like:
- A welcome gift certificate worth $5.
- Members earn twice as points for every dollar spent.
- Ealy access to new products (console drops, collectibles, and more).
- A monthly $5 coupon (needs to be redeemed each month).
- A copy of the Game Informer Magazine (in physical or digital depending on the subscription).
- The opportunity to support charity organizations.
The cost to upgrade to the Pro version of GameStop’s loyalty program depends on the chosen subscription:
- $14.99 (includes a digital copy of the Game Informer Magazine).
- $19.99 (includes a physical copy of the magazine).
General Terms & Conditions
Before joining any of these programs, there is some information that every member must be aware of. For example; the points earned by a member cannot be used to buy any type of gift card. More conditions of the PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro programs are:
- GameStop reserves the right to cancel any membership at any time.
- Points cannot be traded for cash.
- Points are also non-transferable.
- When returning an item, the points gotten upon its purchase will be deducted from the member’s account.
- Applied coupons upon checkout do not count to generate points.
Only for Pro members:
- They can get a full refund when canceling their account within 7 days of the original purchase.
- If an account is not paid after a year, it will be downgraded to a free membership (PowerUp Rewards).
How To Join?
Joining the PowerUp Rewards or its Pro version is really easy. However, the process depends on the type of program a member wishes to join. In any case, just follow the steps provided by this article:
Joining Free PowerUp Rewards Program:
- Access gamestop.com/create-account/.
- Review the benefits of the program.
- Choose to create a new account or to activate a membership (this is the case for accounts created in-store).
- Enter first and last name, email address, password, and telephone.
- Click on submit.
Joining PowerUp Rewards Program Pro:
- Access gamestop.com.
- Go to the PowerUp Rewards section on the upper right menu.
- Click on the red button that says “Go Pro Now”.
- Select the type of subscription desired. Then click on the red button that says “Add to cart”.
- Review the item added. If the information is correct, click on “View Cart”.
- On the new page, review again the final price of the subscription notice that whether you choose the $14.99 type or the $19.99 type, the final price to pay will change because of the taxes.
- Proceed to checkout.
- Sign in to your existing GameStop account or create an account by following the above-mentioned steps.
- After logging in, enter payment information at the checkout page and pay.
*Remember to select whether you wish to join the Auto-Renew program or not. By doing so, the account will be paid automatically using the same payment method as when joining.
The GameStop Credit Card
Thinking of going a little further? The PowerUp Rewards Credit Card is available for members of the program who wish to take their actions to a whole new level. This card grants more than the chance to pay for GameStop purchase in-store and online, it also:
- Enables members to get their items at the moment and pay later.
- Grants access to exclusive offers.
- Maximize benefits gotten with the PowerUp Rewards program (free and pro version).
- Has no annual fee.
Nevertheless, the GameStop PowerUp Rewards Credit Card has a high APR of 26.99% and it requires credit approval, so this is an option for really loyal GameStop customers only.
Find out the whole process to apply for this card at d.comenity.net/ac/gamestop/public/home!
There are multiple benefits that come from joining GameStop’s loyalty program: PowerUp Rewards. Whether a person chooses the free or the Pro version (for an annual commission), they will accumulate points and get early access to GameStop merchandise. Because of this, fans of video games should not refrain any longer to join! They also have the chance to apply for a store credit card which will make their purchases even merrier.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What organizations can I donate to as a PowerUp Rewards Pro member?
As a pro member, you can donate to organizations such as Extra Life or Make-A-Wish.
- Do I need a parent’s permission to join the PowerUp Rewards if I am 13 years old?
Yes, you do.
- When do PowerUp Rewards points expire?
The points expire in a year. After each purchase, points’ expiration will be prolonged for another 12 months.
- Which bank issues the GameStop credit card?
This card is issued by Comenity Capital Bank.