Instagram is an American developed social media networking site. It was founded by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger on October 6, 2010. Instagram allows you to share your photos and videos on your account so that people who follow your account can like it and can share them with other people. You can make your account open so that anyone can follow you or can also restrict it to some limited followers. This article explains the features of an Instagram Commercial Account.
It also has a messaging feature like WhatsApp and a story feature that allows you to put any kind of photo, video, or informational post that remains as a story only for 24 hours. Instagram has launched a new feature of liking others’ stories by clicking on the heart on the bottom right side. It was originally launched only for iOS users in October 2010, but watching its increasing popularity, the Android version was launched in April 2012 and Windows 10 version was launched in October 2016. It had gained one billion users as of June 2018. It was at times criticized for its bad impact on children and teenagers.
Other than entertainment purposes, Instagram is used for many business portals. In today’s world, to take your business to the heights of success, being on a social media networking site such as Instagram is a must. It will help your novice or existing business to get known by others and will let millions of people get informed about what kind of work you are doing and how it will be beneficial for them. For example, someone has a clothing shop or doing artwork or hiring employees in the company, uploading pictures or promoting job offers on their Instagram commercial account will let many needy people know about it and so they could reach to you making a mutual benefit.
Steps to make an Instagram Commercial Account
- Download Instagram on any supported device.
- Sign up for the account by filling in your details such as name, phone number, email address( use an administrative email address so that various people can access this account).
- Now, select a username and password for the account. Put a picture as a profile photo, make up your bio by writing about the business, and can add a link to it and finish logging in.
How to switch from a commercial account to an existing Instagram account or vice versa?
If you have an existing Instagram account or business account and want to switch from one to another, the following are the steps-
- Open the app and go to your profile page.
- Click on the three short lines one below the other( like three rows) on the right-most corner of the page and select settings.
- After clicking the setting option, click on account.
- At the bottom, there is a switch to business account option present (or switch to personal account), click on it and you will reach your desired account.
Steps to add the payment method on an Instagram commercial account
- Navigate to your profile page of the commercial account.
- Click on the three lines on the top right corner, tap on settings, and click the Business option.
- Click on payments, add the currency and location, add a credit card or co-branded debit cards such as American Express, Discover, Visa, and Mastercard by filling in the details, or can also add a PayPal account. You can also directly link the payment method with your Facebook account. Now you are ready to take in the payments.
1. Instagram commercial account, gives you access to run ads so that your business can reach a larger audience and will help you to increase followers. To advertise your product, click on that post and select the ‘promote’ option and go through all the steps. It will help you to reach the right kind of audience and increase your business.
2. If you have at least 10k followers on your Instagram commercial account, then it lets you take advantage of another Instagram tool that is a ‘clickable link’ which you can add to your story. It is a very useful tool as, suppose you have a website of your business, then normally you can add only one link in your bio but now showing the product in the story and adding a link of it can directly take the customer to your website which is a very direct and easy way to shop. Many celebrities and influencers promote other brands by adding a link to their story.
3. It also provides you the option of tagging the product in a post, so whenever a customer clicks the post, a pop-up arises that shows the price of the product and provides a link that can directly take the customers to the page from where they can buy from your website.
4. Sometimes it gets very hectic to write the same replies again and again to your customers, for ease of this, Instagram allows you to create shortcodes. To create shortcodes, go to your settings, make a shortcode for most of your asked questions which is linked to the answer, after that, you just have to type in that code in your DM, and click the quick reply option that pops up and the entire same message will get sent.
By making the above statements, it can be concluded that having an Instagram commercial account for any kind of business is very necessary in today’s competitive world, it will help you to reach your target audiences and can increase the profit of the business.