United parcel service is a shipping and logistics chain management organization, which was started in the United States of America, in 1907. With a 114-year legacy, the company is the largest shipping and Logistics Company in the world. They have a wide variety of market offerings including Postal Services, next-day delivery services, supply chain solutions, service parts, capital services, and integrated Financial Services. Let’s see here ‘How To Find UPS Account Number?’.
They also offer travel services by air in Latin America. Currently, they have the umbrella brand of UPS Store. UPS also has a truck or cargo renting business under its banner. As discussed UPS does offer a collection of financial services for the same reason they have assigned account numbers to their customers as well. You need to have been registered as an account holder in the company to possess an account number.
How to Find UPS Account Number?
You can find your account number on various UPS products like their UPS Mobile app, their website and you can also just walk into their branches or postal headquarters and offices that offer financial services. On the mobile application, one needs to sign in to their account and select ‘Show details’- your account number along with your routing number will be displayed.
You can alternatively sign into the website (UPS.com) and select the last 4 digits of your account number which appear on the account information tab. Click on ‘See full account number’, which is next to the name dialogue box. This will let you access your account number and view your routing number as well. You can also find your account number on a check which will be the number on the bottom of the cheque exactly in the middle.
Steps to open a UPS account:
Step 1: to set up a UPS account you will need to present the following documents and submit their copies to your nearest UPS outlet as well:
- Id proof
- Company Name
- Company Website
- Job title
- Street 1
- Street 2
- Postal code
UPS Account/shipper number
Step 2: Put in your invoice information
- Invoice/bill number
- Invoice/bill date
- Invoice/bill currency
- Invoice/bill control ID
Step 3: Post submission you will need to fill in some additional agreement documents.
Step 4: The agreement along with the proof of information will then be transferred online for verification
Step 5: post verification your documents will be added to the UPS database and you will receive a mail with your account information,confirming the same. You may also get a confirmation text on your registered
Step 6: You will get the account details and checkbook details via mail along with a debit or credit card if applied for one.
Alternatively, Steps to follow for online account opening:
- Click on the Customer
- Service tab at the top of the webpage.
- Click on the “Get Started with UPS” tab on the page that follows up,
- click on the “I Ship Weekly” option.
- Click on the “Open a Payment Account” tab and follow the steps provided.
UPS has had a fair amount of experience in providing financial services. This means they had to come up with an account number to give each of their customers a unique identity that they can identify them with. This account number is fed into their integrated system, which means you can avail of all UPS services through this account number at all UPS service outlets.
Some frequently asked questions:
1. How can one charge their UPS account number?
1. Choose your UPS Account Number.
2. You can make these your Default settings, by selecting the shipment settings as ‘My Preferences’, at the bottom of the page
3. Preview your bill and Shipment order before finalizing it
4. Click on a ship now.
2. How to charge your UPS payment card?
1. Press on Bill Payment Card
2. Select the payment card from the normal list of payments.
3. You can make these as your Default settings, by selecting the shipment settings as ‘My Preferences’,at the bottom of the page
4. When complete the shipping
5. Orders will be added and you can preview shipment and post finalizing you can order now.
3. How to change your method of payment while shipping?
- Go to my orders
- Add shipping options tab
- Select payment order
- Select your desired option to complete the transaction.
- When complete with all other shipping options, select the preview shipment options and ship now.
4. How do I contact UPS support?
- Log onto www.ups.com access the help information via the billing center
- Click on the ‘Next’ button at the bottom of the screen
- Select the UPS billing screen and put in your question
- Select send mail, on the right side of the screen
- You can also call UPS at 03457-877-877