Kay Jewelers was founded in 1916 in Pennsylvania, United States. This jewelry store chain was founded by two brothers Sol Kauffman and Edmund Kauffman. Kay Jewelers is owned by its American parent company Sterling Jewelers Inc. Let us learn ‘Can I Use My Kay Jewelers Credit Card Anywhere?’.
Kay Jewelers initially showcased a wide range of products including jewelry, musical jewelry boxes, radios, and electric razors. However, a century later, in 2016, the company rebranded itself to be an entirely jewelry-based brand. Soon it gathered a lot of attention from its customers in the jewelry industry which resulted in it being the largest selling jewelry brand in the US. Kay Jewelers owns 1094 stores across 50 states in the US.
Kay Jewelers Credit Card:
If you are a customer of Kay Jewelers and you have an account opened at its website, you will be provided with the Kay Jewelers credit card. Now don’t confuse this with the actual credit card used in our daily lives.
The credit card provided by Kay Jewelers is a retail card used for making purchases at the Kay Jewelers stores. You will be allowed a particular balance limit on the card and you can use it for purchases. The store has associated the tagline “Long Live Love” with the card, with which you can shop now and pay later.
Can I use my Kay Jewelers credit card anywhere?
No, the Kay Jewelers credit card is exclusively used for shopping at the Kay Jewelers stores only. As mentioned previously, it is not a general credit card issued by the bank. This retail card lets you shop jewelry items at Kay Jewelers stores using the balance limit present in the card. In other words, it functions as a personal credit card for the Kay Jewelers stores. This card cannot be used anywhere else as it would be useless in other stores or shops.
How to get the Kay Jewelers credit card?
One can easily get the Kay Jewelers credit card by applying online at the shopping website of Kay Jewelers or by applying in-store.
However, the card will be issued to you only after qualifying the required credit score. You should also not have any outstanding credit in your bank account as it decreases the chances of getting qualified.
If you possess a good credit score, you might get approval with lower interest rates. You also might have to go through an inquiry process during the application for Kay Jewelers’ credit card.
Financing offers by Kay Jewelers credit card:
The Jewelry brand offers several financing offers to its customers so that it can stay in the market and set the market trends. It becomes important for the largest jewelry selling brand in the US to keep its customers within its reach. Financing offers also prove to be an aid in making big jewelry purchases.
Here is a list of financing offers available at Kay Jewelers:
- Financing offer of 6 months: This special offer is applied when the customer makes a purchase of $300 using the Kay Jewelers credit card at its store. The offer is for 6 months within which the customer is required to pay off the sum.
- Financing offer of 12 months: If the customer shops for $750 at a Kay Jewelers store using the Kay Jewelers credit card, then this financing offer will be applied. The credit needs to be paid off within 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Financing offer of 18 months: According to this financing offer, the customer will be allowed 18 months to pay off the credit if the purchase was made for $3000. The purchase should be made using the Kay Jewelers credit card at its store.
- Financing offer of 36 months: The purchase should be $1500 using the Kay Jewelers credit card at the Kay jewelers’ store. The customer can pay the credit amount within 36 months from the date of purchase.
Drawbacks of Kay Jewelers credit card:
This “Long Live Love” credit card comes with certain limitations. It might be a great aid when you have to buy a coveted jewelry item and you are running short of money. But the card is not always going to be helpful. The drawbacks of Kay Jewelers credit card are as below:
- Carries high variable interest
- History with careless accounting
- Needs to be used every 12 months to keep it active
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Which bank issues the Kay Jewelers credit card accounts?
Comenity Bank issues the accounts associated with Kay Jewelers’ credit cards.
2. Is there an alternative to Kay Jewelers credit card?
Yes, you can browse the site credit.com which is a credit card marketplace, and find a suitable card option for you.
3. How long does it take to receive the Kay Jewelers credit card?
It can take up to 4 days to receive the Kay Jewelers credit card after the credit score has been verified by the retailer.