It is love, FIRE & ICE, family, and adventure all again; Frozen 2 is back on Disney Plus. Frozen II is a 2019 American Musical fantasy film that is the sequel to Frozen (2013). Frozen II is Walt Disney Animation Studio’s 58th film production. The famous sequel was directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee and stars talents such as Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad, and Jonathan Groff. Frozen 2 tells the continued story of Queen Elsa and her sister Princess Anna with other recurring characters like Kristoff, his reindeer Sven and the animated snowman Olaf as they venture into an ancient enchanted forest to find the location of the call Queen Elsa keeps hearing.
Yes, Frozen 2 is out on Disney Plus and has been since Friday, June 26th, 2020 in the United States of America well as Canada. Meanwhile, other Disney Plus countries like Australia and New Zealand got Frozen 2 on Disney Plus from July 31st. To give a little more context, Disney Plus is a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company and an American Streaming service for television shows and movies with partners like Disney itself, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more.
Frozen II is a Walt Disney Production; hence it was at first exclusively available only on Disney+ and was even released three months ahead of schedule to keep parents and kids entertained during the lockdown. The best way to access Frozen 2 is by subscribing to the Disney Plus streaming service, which costs only $6.99 a month and gives you access to other great Disney content (a library of 7,600 television episodes and over 600 movies). However, if you do not want to watch Frozen 2 via Disney Plus, a few alternatives would be:
- Google Play
- Sky Store
Frozen 2 Movie Series on Disney plus
- The Frozen Animated movie are one of the top most loved Disney animated movies ever, and they rank very highly among the highest-grossing Disney animated films of all time. Lion King (2019) is the only higher-grossing Disney Original animated movie ahead of them. Not only did Disney give its audience Frozen I and a befitting sequel, but they also produced a couple of Frozen short movies to keep Frozen lovers engaged and wanting more. There are two Frozen movies, three short movies, a TV special, and a docuseries. Here’s how to watch the Frozen movies in the right order:
- Frozen (2013): This is the first-ever Frozen movie introducing Princess Anna and the somewhat distant and mysterious Queen Elsa with magical icy powers. Anna embarks on an adventure with ice harvester Kristoff, his reindeer Sven and the comical snowman Sven to save the kingdom from eternal winter after Elsa’s powers spiral out of control.
- Olaf’s Frozen Adventure (2017): It’s Christmas in Arendelle and Olaf and reindeer Sven set out to explore the kingdom and what the holidays mean for the people and them in personal ways.
- Frozen Fever (2015): Elsa and Kristoff plan to celebrate Anna’s birthday most grandly but Elsa’s powers could ruin the celebration.
- Frozen II (2019): Queen Elsa keeps hearing an unknown voice calling out to her. She ventures into the unknown to an enchanted forest to seek answers to questions about her powers that plague her and to save her kingdom from impending death doom. Together with Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven, she faces this adventure and a dangerous mission.
Other Frozen movies include:
- Myth: A Frozen Tale
- Into the Unknown: Making Frozen II (2020)
- At Home with Olaf: (2020)
- Once Upon a Snowman (2020)
Major Things to Note about Frozen II
Frozen 2, as said earlier, is a sequel to Frozen I (2013) which involves a new journey into the unknown so Queen Elsa can find get answers about her icy powers and heed the mysterious call she had been getting, here are essential things you need to know about the top-rated sequel.
- Frozen II although Walt Disney’s 58th animated movie, is only its fourth sequel and its first animated musical movie sequel.
- The movie focuses more on the backdrop of Queen Elsa and how she got her icy powers which is a question both the viewers and the characters of the film itself had battled from the beginning.
- Although there are some short movie series centering around Frozen, there are regarded as separate entities, and Frozen 1&2 as two parts of a whole.
Other Animated Disney Plus Series
It is without doubt that Frozen 2 is one of Disney Pluses’ top-rated animated movies. Disney+ is home to hundreds of classic animated movies, from short movies to full features to live-action classical to blockbusters of superheroes and their teams and sidekicks. Disney Plus gives viewers a colossal library of older and exclusive movies and TV shows including Frozen movies but here are other top-rated Disney + animated movies:
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
- Pinocchio (1940)
- Lady and the Tramp (1955)
- The Proud Family Movie (2005)
- Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World (1998)
- The Little Mermaid (1989)
- Alice in Wonderland (1951)
- Cinderella (1950)
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)
The above movies are merely needles in the haystack that is Disney Plus, an unmatched streaming service not only making Frozen 2 available to viewers but also other animated movie alternatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the major lessons of Frozen 2?
Just like its predecessor, frozen 2 teaches the power of love, family, and cooperation. It also teaches following your instincts to the right thing despite challenges you might face, always do the right thing. All, Family matters above all.
- Is there a Frozen 3?
No, there is no Frozen 3, and according to one of the writers of Frozen 2, Jennifer Lee, there are currently no plans for another Frozen movie, although there might be a possibility of that in the future.