The world nowadays has become a place of constant money-making. The craze of making money has increased tremendously, and so have malpractices such as corruption, bribery, scams, etc. But, people also desire money to do good for society, fulfil their dreams, invest, and earn more than they actually earn. Let’s know more about best movies about money.
These types of people sometimes seek motivation to earn money. So, they tend to look for movies or books which have the concept of money and money-making. And if you are looking for the best movies about money, you are in the right place.
The movies mentioned are from Hollywood. They are in no particular order and are put in random numbers. So, to know more about the movies and the titles, scroll down below.
- The Pursuit of Happyness – This movie is about a person named Chris Gardner, who deals with poverty and helplessness regarding money. It tells a true tale of a father constantly trying to give a good life to his son. To escape his desperate situation, he decides to become a stockbroker. No, it does not occur to him suddenly. One day while walking on the street, he observes people coming out of the company happy, smiling, and satisfied. People with no worries about making their ends meet. This encouraged him to become one. Whether he is successful in his endeavors or not, you must find it out yourself.
- Wall Street (1987) – The term ‘Wall Street’ basically means the overall American financial system, such as its banks, security traders, hedge funds, etc. This movie is about a greedy businessman’s ruthless exploitation of the stock market. It is relevant even today because big business people are still taking advantage of the stock market and still conducting fraudulent practices. If you want to know how people earlier manipulated the stock market and earned money, you should probably watch the movie. There is no doubt in the performance of the main character, Michael Douglas, as he bagged an Oscar for his role in this movie.
- Catch Me If You Can – This movie tells a true tale of a person named Frank Abagnale, played by Leonard Di Caprio. His role is about a teenage conman who changes his identity many times to rob banks. When his forgery of a cheque that entitles him to a millionaire comes to light, Carl Hanratty, a role played by Tom Hanks, makes it a mission to catch Abagnale. It is a chasing story of a mouse and a cat which you will truly enjoy. The Big Short – A book of the same name was published in 2010. After that, a film adaptation of the book was made. Michael Lewis authored the book. The movie is about several American financial professionals who predict the crisis of 2008 and make a huge amount of money from the speculation. It is a comedy-drama that engages the audience pretty well. If you want to know about the crisis of 2008 and how the hedge fund manager could predict the fall, then you will surely find it very interesting and engaging.
- The Wolf of Wall Street – This is also a very compelling and entertaining movie when it comes to making money at all costs. The role of the protagonist, a stockbroker, is played by Leonardo Di Caprio, whose performance is enough for you to fall in love with the movie. His character starts with making money from penny stocks. Slowly and gradually, he starts earning from IPOs, which slowly leads him to the path of greed. The rise and fall of the character are very much indulging and entertaining. It is a financial comedy that will not fail you to laugh and wonder at the same time. It is one of the greatest Wall Street movies ever made, as it had the privilege to be nominated for five Oscars.
- Boiler Room – We have all come to know the term known as ‘pump and dump scheme.’ This scheme is nothing but a strategy used by market influencers to earn unimaginable profits. When several investors are pumped to invest in a particular stock, the prices of the stock increase and are sold. This scheme is shown in the movie and how some big financial professionals earn profits through it. The tale is about a young financial broker who joins a small brokerage firm. But when he notices illegal and fraudulent practices going on in the firm, he collaborates with the FBI to catch them down. There are many other movies that are not mentioned in this article. However, you will find them here.
All the above movies are equally entertaining and engaging. It does not at all matter if you watch one over the other. But take your time and watch each of the movies if you truly are a fan of money-making movies or movies which involve money. Each movie will inspire you to earn more in an appropriate manner and live a life you truly deserve. A life that does not make you think of meeting your end-to-end needs, but a life that does not make you worry about the little or basic things you cannot have. All the very best for your future endeavors. Keep making money. Cheers!
Frequently asked questions:
- Which movies are much like The Pursuit of Happyness?
Movies that are similar to the Pursuit of Happyness are 12 Years an enslaved person, The Blind Side, Forrest Gump, and The Shawshank Redemption.
- What is the top movie about money?
Wall Street which is a timeless classic and very much relevant even in the current times.
- Which movie is similar to Wall Street?
Movies that are similar to Wall Street are Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps and The Wolf of Wall Street.
- Which is the top-rated movie ever made?
The Shawshank Redemption is the top movie of all time with 9.2 on IMDB, and it is still considered the best even after decades.