Do you have a Blink Synchro Module that isn’t wanting to behave as it should? Are you seeing a drop in performance in your Blink system? Are you convinced that a poorly optimized Blink Sync Module is to blame? How can you reset the blink sync? For 10-15 seconds, hold the button for blink sync module reset near the USB port. It will turn red.
The Sync Module you use to connect your security cameras to the internet cannot be saved or modified. Do you need to lock down and secure your system? You can use the information below if you have answered “yes” to any of these questions or want to ensure you are as prepared as you can going forward. The process of resetting a Blink synchronization module is quite simple.
This process has a few moving parts. This is excellent news because you can get your Sync Module up and running again in no time if it’s not working correctly.
Let’s see it in detail.
What is the reason I should reset my Blink Sync Module?
- Many people find that their Blink Sync Module needs reset after discovering that specific cameras are not working as they should or that there is a general slowdown across the board. Many people will attempt to power cycle cameras that don’t behave as they should before doing anything else.
- But if that fails, it’s time for the Sync Module to be reset. Resetting the Sync module does a soft reboot of the entire Blink system. After the reset is complete, all hardware connected to the Sync Module will experience an increase in performance and smoother operation.
Step-By-Step Guide – Reset the Blink Sync Module
Locate the Sync Module first.
Once that’s done, flip the module over and locate the reset button (located near the USB port). Use a pen, a pencil, or a small screwdriver to hold the RESET button. Once the lights on your Sync Module turn red, grab a pen, a pencil, or a straightened paperclip.
This process can take anywhere from 5-10 seconds to 15-30 seconds. Sometimes it takes longer. Regardless of what happens, it would be best if you kept pressing the button until the light turned green. The module will then go through its internal reset process.
You can leave it alone. The Sync Module is activated when you see a single, bright green light and a flashing blue light once there is red. It’s time to delete the Sync Module entirely from your profile using the Blink mobile app. Click and hold the module you wish to delete and select the DELETE option. Wait for the system’s finalization.
Install the Sync Module
- Next, close the Blink app entirely, and open it again. Look for the (?) icon. The next step is to complete the Blink application and re-open it, looking for the (?) icon. Double-check to confirm that the Synchro Module has been deleted. Click on the (+) icon within the mobile app.
- You will be asked to add a piece of Blink wireless security equipment to your profile. Enter the serial number of the Sync Module and scan the system. Click the DISCOVER DEVICE button. After the application detects the Sync Module, click on the JOIN Button.
- Now click on the DONE button to reconfigure the module with the settings that you used in the past.
- Now you are ready to go.
Your Blink Sync module works as if it was brand-new. Your wireless security system will need to be reset through this module. But at least it’s going back to normal!
Q1: Is it possible to factory reset my Blink Sync module? If yes, how?
A1: Yes, it is possible to Reset a Blink camera by pressing the button on its side until the light turns red. This will reset the Blink camera system.
Q2: How do I unregister the Blink module?
A2: Select the system that has the Sync Module you wish to delete. Click on Sync Module. Select “Delete Sync Module,” then click OK.
Q3: Is it possible to delete my Blink profile and start again?
A3: Yes, just press “Delete Account” on the Account screen. A record of your email address is
retained after you have deleted your Blink account. This information cannot be used to create a new account.
Q4: Why does my Blink module flash green?
A4: A solid green light on a Blink camera means connecting to the internet and its local networks without problems. However, if the green light flashes, it indicates an issue with your internet connection.
Q5: Why is my sync module not connecting?
A5: If you are unsure if you are using the correct password, please join a new device (laptop or tablet) to your Wi-Fi network. If your device is already connected, you can disconnect and forget the Wi-Fi network before reconnecting with the password.