Costco is an American multinational corporation and major retailer of different categories of goods and services. Their products and services range from appliances to groceries, automotive supplies, sporting equipment, jewelry, equipment, books, furniture, health and beauty care, food packaging, and meat procession. Another category of service provided by Costco is optical services handled by Costco optical laboratories. Many Costco outlets have an optical lab, where you can get a standard glass and eye examination at the best prices. let’s know How Much Does Costco Glass Repair Cost?
Cost of Glass Repair at Costco
The cost of having your glasses fixed at Costco is usually determined by the magnitude of damage and the kind of repair required. For minor cases, Costco offers free repairs and adjustments. Costco may charge $25 or more if your glass requires an extensive repair or part replacement.
You can have your glass fixed under these same conditions even if you did not buy them from Costco. The company offers different types of glass repair services at the available Costco Optical outlets. The location of the optical lab you visit also influences the cost of repairs.
Types of Glass Damages Handled by Costco
Below are some of the types of repairs handled by Costco;
- Frame damage: the company has all requirements to fix or replace a cracked or broken glass frame.
- Hinges repair: Hinges enable you to open and close the temples of your glasses, and since it is affected each time you want to wear or when you take off your glasses, they can get damaged. If your hinges are broken or weak, in the case of spring hinges, Costco can have this fixed or replaced for you.
- Worn-out bridge: Costco can fix or replace a worn-out bridge to restore your frame’s fit.
- Lenses: This part of glass gets damaged more often and easily. Your lenses can scratch on rough surfaces or get a crack from a fall. Do not worry, Costco can have this fixed at a little price.
- Loose screw: if the screws on your glasses are loose or must have fallen off, you can fix this at Costco Optical Lab.
How Long Will it Take to Repair A Glass at Costco?
The duration of a repair depends on the type of damage that needs to be amended. A more extensive repair might take several days or 2 weeks at most while a minor repair like tightening screws will take a few minutes or hours.
Benefits of Repairing Your Glasses at Costco
Repairing your glasses at Costco comes with some benefits some of which are;
- Their products and services are usually very cheap as compared to other companies offering the same products and services
- Costco Optical staffs are well-trained opticians. With this, you are assured of technicality and the best solutions to your optical needs.
- All Costco Optical Laboratories have a doctor of optometry that will give you a standard eye examination and recommend the right products.
What Brands does Costco Optical Sell?
Some people have a specific brand of frames or glasses they love to use and might have built trust in the brand within the period of using their products. So, before buying from Costco, you might wonder, what brand of frames does Costco sell? Below is a list of their top-selling frame brands;
- Kirkland Signature
Costco Optical Laboratories Operating Hours
If you are thinking of visiting Costco Optical lab for your glass repairs anytime soon, this might interest you. The stores open every day and work between 10 am to 8:30 pm on weekdays and 9:30 am to 6 pm on weekends. On special holidays like Christmas, New year, or Easter, the stores will operate for shorter hours or some outlets might not open at all, so take note of this.
Getting your glasses repaired at Costco will not require you to do much. You can book the services on their web or App or you locate any Costco optical laboratory or store close to you. Do not forget, if your repair is a minor one, you can have this done for free whereas more extensive repairs come with a little charge.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will Costco put New Lenses in Old Frames?
Yes! Costco can put new lenses in your old frames at a price as long as your frames are still in a good condition to work with. If your frames are worn out, they will recommend you replace the frames as well.
- Are Costco Glasses Guaranteed?
Costco does not put out any standard guarantee for acquiring a glass from their store or having an old one replaced. However, they stated that you can have your glasses replaced between 2-3 months if there is an issue with the prescription
- Are Costco Glasses Expensive?
Costco offers one of the most cost-friendly products and services. Their products are cost-effective and create fierce competition for other optical service providers. The average cost of a Costco glass in the US is between $185 – $200 without insurance.
- Will Costco Repair a Glass I bought Online?
If you bought your glasses online from Costco or another online optical store, you can have them fixed at Costco. Costco will offer this service free or for a price depending on the nature of the repair.