Facebook is a free online social networking service that allows users to connect with friends, colleagues, and strangers by creating profiles on their platforms. It is a website that permits its users to have a profile page where they can post photos and upload content; comment; like or dislike uploaded posts and pages; be daily updated on the current trends happening around the globe.
Imagine this, you had just seen a post on Facebook that you wanted to comment on. After writing out your view on it to your satisfaction, you discovered that the comment was not posted after tapping on the send button.
This predicament must have let your thoughts run wild after trying it again and again.
Well, we do believe there are various reasons why you could not comment on Facebook, some of which are:
- Internet Problems
- Unwanted VPNs
- Violation of Facebook’s policy can cause Facebook to block a user.
- Potential block: there is the possibility that the owner of the post has blocked you.
- Repeated commenting: This can happen when you repeatedly comment on a post.
- Violating the privacy of another user
- Timeline and tagging: This happens when a friend on Facebook adjusts his or her privacy settings to prevent anyone from commenting on her timeline.
- This is a technical issue that can only be resolved by the Facebook team.
- It could be that your comment was deleted by someone monitoring the comment section of the page.
- Or that the application or browser version you are using is no longer supported
How Can I Fix A Problem With Facebook?
While using your Facebook app, some unexpected problems can crop up even without violating their policy.
Thus, here are some things you can do when you notice a problem with your Facebook account:
- The first thing you can do is to tap on the top right side of your Facebook page where there are three bar lines, after which you are to scroll down to find Report a Problem among the options encoded on the page, select the aspect you have a problem with, describe your problem in the text box, then submit.
- Another option available is that you can close, then reopen the app or log out for a few minutes, then log back in.
- You can also restart your device.
- There could be network problems in the location where you are using the device, so you have to look for where the internet connection is.
- Moreover, you can clear your browser’s cache and cookies, that is if you are using a browser to open the Facebook website.
- Do also check if your Facebook app is updated to the latest version.
It’s Community Policies
Every day, people join the Facebook community to expand their network and interact more with friends and family.
To create this kind of online community, there are some rules and regulations that have been created by the Facebook team to ensure every user is safe and that each user’s privacy is protected.
- Facebook is against violence and criminal behavior or acts while using its website.
- They create a restriction on the content that can be seen by individuals depending on their age range.
- Facebook is strongly against abuse or the privacy violation of its users.
- Also, Facebook is against hate speech, spam, and hacking into their website.
- Furthermore, Facebook is against any misleading content.
In conclusion, It has helped its users connect with people all over the world, covering the physical distance with a virtual closeness.
Through this website, many people have been able to communicate and advertise their products. It belongs to its parent company, Meta, which is focused on building technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses.
How Can I Control Comments On My Page?
It has given its users a choice to turn off comments and delete or hide comments that they do not want to show on their page.
To be able to successfully do this, here are some guidelines you can follow:
- Open your Facebook page.
- Tap the three-dot menu on the right side of your page.
- Choose who can comment on your post.
- Make your choice by selecting from the range of choices.
- Through this, only those you select will be able to comment on your posts.
If you do not want to follow these steps but want to delete or hide the comment, press on the chosen comment, then choose from the options presented to you.
Does It Protect Its Users’ Privacy?
Yes, they do, and It is more concerned with providing its users with the best possible experience while using their app.
A set of policies have been created which are mandatory for every user to follow. A violation of that will block or send you out of their online community.