CVS, short for Consumer Value Store, is an American retail corporation. Its headquarters are in Woonsocket, Rhode Island. They provide healthcare and health insurance through Aetna and pharmaceutical products and services through CVS Pharmacy, a retail chain.This article is all about does CVS sell Money orders at CVS or not, Keep on reading to know about this.
CVS sells money orders at most of its locations. They use MoneyGram money for their orders. CVS sells their money orders at the cost of $1.25. $500 is the maximum amount per order. You, however, cannot cash orders at a CVS. Their use of MoneyGram makes it cheaper, easier, and more accessible to all their customers than other methods.
How do money orders work?
A money order is purchased by giving the amount of money you want to process to the teller or the cashier, who then processes the purchase for you and gives you a receipt. The receipt is proof of payment, and the person who receives the money will need it to get the money you have sent them.Lets know about does CVS sell money orders at CVS or not.
How to fill out a CVS money orders?
- A form is filled out by a person who wants to send money. They have to include details of the person they are sending the money to and the amount that they are sending. They have a maximum limit on purchases, so if more money needs to be sent, multiple money orders must be bought. An order must always be signed; otherwise, it is worthless.
- You can purchase a money order with cash or credit, but ultimately it is like purchasing a product, so transfers from a checking account are impossible. CVS has a $500 limit, so if a higher amount is needed, more money orders must be bought. Money is given directly to the cashier.
- When the payee gets their money, they are charged for it. Some places like banks or credit unions charge more than others, like convenience stores.
- A receipt is then issued. The serial number is used to track the money and must be kept until the payee has received the money.
Ways to pay for a money order?
· You can use cash to buy a money order—you for the amount you want for the money order and its fee.
· You can pay using a debit card that is connected to your bank account
· You can buy a money order using traveler’s checks. The USPS, United States Post Service, accept traveler’s checks as they recognize them as a form of cash.
· You can buy using a credit card. Some places allow using credit cards to pay for money orders but not all. This usually comes with higher interest rates and fees as it is a cash advance and not money in hand.
· Visa or MasterCard gift cards can be used to buy a money order. Western Union, 7-Eleven, the post office, and Walmart accept these cards.
Charges that come with buying a money order
· CVS charges $1.25 for its $500 money order. They do not issue $1000 money orders.
· Banks have the highest charges. For example, some banks will charge you nearly $5 for a $1000 money order.
· The post office charges $1.25 for a 500-dollar money order and $1.65 for a thousand-dollar order.
· Remittance service providers such as MoneyGram and Walmart charge 70 cents for up to $1000
· You can pay online using a company called Payko, but the charges range from $3.49 to $4.99. You will also have to pay them 5.49 percent of the money order you buy plus the cost of posting the money order.
· The more money orders you buy, the more the charges since the most you can buy with a money order is $1000.
Where can you cash a money order?
Most banks, grocery stores, and pharmacies accept money orders. Some money transfer services such as MoneyGram and western union also cash in money orders. However, going to the bank can be a more significant advantage as the money can be immediately deposited it one’s account. Cash checking stores are also an option, but they charge more than your local convenience store. Proof of Identification must also be brought to cash the money order.
CVS sells money orders to its customers as a service to them and for their convenience. The charges may be higher, but traveling to another more affordable place may cost customers time and gas. They are easy to purchase and are far safer than traveling with cash. They can also be sent to almost anyone anywhere, which benefits those who need the money.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can anyone buy a money order?
Yes. Anyone can go into a grocery store and buy a money order.
2. Can anyone receive a money order?
Yes. Anyone can receive a money order, but CVS does not cash them.
3. Can a money order be declined?
Yes. It can be declined if the form’s information is wrong or the credit card limit has been passed.
4. Do money orders expire at CVS?
It takes up to 3 years for a money order to expire at CVS.