HDX is a better version of the HD resolution, which we see. The resolution works on 1080p but has a better video quality than the HD streams, and this comparison is because HDX uses Dolby Digital Plus sound system and therefore encodes the video at a higher bitrate and preserves a film’s native 24 frames per second. Let us know more detail about ‘Is HDX Better Than UHD?’.
The UHD is the best possible quality television you can have. The minimum resolution it has is 3840p. It is available in two forms, which are 4K UHD and 8K UHD, the latter being the highest possible scientific discovery up to now in this world. It has an aspect ratio of around 16:9 and is approved internationally.
Is HDX Better Than UHD?
In simple words, the answer is that we cannot be sure because many aspects say that UHD is better, but on the other hand, many aspects say that HDX is better, so you need to do a study about all the pros and cons of both of them to make sure whether the answer is HDX or whether the answer is UHD. The various factors used for the determination are listed ahead.
What are the factors that we need to consider before deciding on whether UHD is better than HDX?
- Resolution: The resolution at which HDX works is 1080p and the starting resolution at which the UHD televisions are started is 3480p. Therefore, the clear winner of this factor is UHD.
- Cost: now the higher the resolution of the television the more cost it bears on the owner so the television having UHD resolution is comparatively very much expensive and therefore cannot cater to the most parts of the customers, whereas the HDX televisions are much cheaper and the frequency of selling this television is much more than the UHD, you can easily find an HDX TV in each every home nowadays but very few have the UHD TV because the customer will find which is the most effective and cheaper for their house so the winner of this factor is HDX
- Image quality: now when we talk about the resolution of the TV then the image quality is the major part of it because the higher the resolution the better the image quality so, therefore, the winner for this factor is also UHD.
- Color accuracy: UHD TVs now have much lower color accuracy than HDX TVs, because HDX TVs can use gradient processing, which results in better performance than modern plasma TVs.So the winner for this round is HDX.
- Contrast ratio: this is a factor that depends on the Television you take or purchase, the company of which the TV is, etc. but in general if you see that UHD TV has a better contrast ratio and usually comes with a higher ratio than the HDX TVs, so the winner of this round is UHD.
- The refresh rate is another big part of the TV that the customer purchases. The motion rate determines how fast your television is. The motion rate for UHD TVs is 240hz and that of HDX TVs is in the range of 120hz, so the winner for this round will be UHD.
- Audio quality: audio and the video quality of the TV go hand in hand, so the better the video quality of the television, the much better the audio quality. The better audio is of UHD TVs than HDX due to the resolution factor, so the winner of this round is also UHD.
- The memory of the TVs is the number of downloads you can store on the television, or if the memory of the TV is full, then we need to use the hard disc for further files to be downloaded. The memory of an average HDX TV is 1GB, and that of a UHD TV is 32GB, so the winner is UHD.
- So it seems like we have got a winner, which is UHD by the score of 6 to 2 of HDX. We took 8 main factors into account.
What is the average TV cost for UHD and HDX?
The average cost of an HDX TV is around the range of $160 to $200, which is feasible. Different companies are claiming different prices, but normally it is in this range. The UHD prices of the television lie in the range of $360 to $400, which is double, and of course, if you go for the 8K version of it, the prices can go up to $600 to 700 dollars.
So the better experience is always by UHD, but that experience is costly, and therefore the preference is HDX TV because it is cheaper and is more convenient in every way for a middle-class man.
- What is the highest video quality?
The highest video quality is 3840 x 2160 pixels.