Prisons have added several accommodations for inmates in recent years, such as therapeutic centers and the opportunity to further their education through on-site courses. This has enabled the prisoners to have a meaningful life and come out as better human beings. To send books to inmates Amazon, you can simply log into the account and search for the inmates’ receiver section and you can submit your books. Also, you can make use of DoNotpay which is a fast and reliable service to send the books.
Ways To Send Books To Inmates Via Amazon
There are two ways to send books to inmates via Amazon.
- One way is to use the Send To Inmate feature on Amazon’s website. This allows you to specify the inmate’s name, prison ID number, and social security number. Then, you can ship the book directly to their address using either ground or 2-day shipping.
- Another option is Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP). KDP lets publishers self-publish ebooks for sale through Amazon without any design or formatting requirements. Once you’ve created your ebook and set up your account, all you have to do is to add the ISBN of the book. Once they receive their book, inmates can read it on their Amazon Kindle or device of choice. You will need an Amazon account and a valid mailing address for each inmate to whom you want to send the books.
Amazon’s Policy For Sending Books To Inmates
According to Amazon’s policy on providing packages to inmates, Amazon.com makes deliveries to prisons. However, we recommend that you contact the prison first to confirm that they accept deliveries and to ask about any special policies they have.
- The label on the outside of the package should state the destination address, Amazon.com company name, and return address.
- You can’t include any special labels or instructions on the package.
- You can’t send gifts anonymously to inmates; the collection address appears on the order invoice. Because inmates can’t sign for packages, they can only receive packages from US Mail.
- While Amazon.com often sends packages through US Mail, they also use UPS and FedEx. There’s no way for you to pick a specific shipper.
- To avoid delivery problems, consider having the package shipped to you and then shipping it to the prison using US Mail.
Types Of Books You Can Send to Prisoners From Amazon
Customers must follow certain standards when mailing books and periodicals to prisons to avoid sparking any harmful or worrying conduct from other convicts.
Customers must utilize the following checklist when deciding which books and magazines to send from Amazon:
- It has to be completely new.
- No more than three things per package are allowed.
- Only paperback books are available (hardcover copies can be used as weapons)
- Sexual content, violence, racism, or gang-related activity are prohibited.
- Can’t be sent by a third-party seller who doesn’t fulfill purchases through Amazon directly.
- USPS is required for delivery.
- It cannot be transmitted anonymously; it must be addressed to a specific prisoner and include the inmate’s identification number.
Locating An Inmate To Send Books:
- Customers can find the inmate to whom they want to send books by calling the prison where they are being kept.
- Customers need the inmate ID or the unit number of the prisoner to whom the package is being sent, as well as the prison’s address.
- Customers who are unaware of which prison the inmate is housed in might utilize a search engine like DoNotPay to get the correct address to avoid any sort of confusion.
- Customers should keep in mind that while mailing magazines and books to inmates, they must address the package to the exact person to whom it is being sent.
The Special Case When An Amazon Book Package Not Delivered
If your Amazon book package cannot be delivered, you will need to contact customer service. They will work with you to figure out a solution that works best for everyone involved. In some cases, they may choose to refund your purchase. Sometimes, they may have another package scheduled that can be delivered right away.
Amazon takes pride in its delivery system and wants customers to be happy and satisfied with their experience. So don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any problems along the way. If you haven’t received your money within fourteen days, call Amazon’s customer service line at 00-1-206-922-0880.
By entering the inmate number, unit number, and prison address onto the Amazon order page, customers can mail books and periodicals to inmates. Customers may only contribute books and publications that are not sexually explicit, aggressive, or racist. Additionally, consumers may only give paperback books and periodicals, as hardcover volumes could be used as a weapon.
- What are the delivery services through which you can send books to inmates?
The delivery services are UPS, FedEx, and USPS by which you can make a delivery.
- What are Amazon’s alternatives for sending books to inmates?
Amazon’s alternatives areBarnes&Nobel, and HamiltonBook.com.
- What is the app to be sure of an inmate’s location?
DoNotPay is the app you can use to be sure about inmates’ location.
- How to deal with Amazon’s USPS problem?
You can write the correction facility no. as PO number and they will help to ship it.