Have you ever bought an item from Walmart that looked just right at the store, but then you return home and realize that you’ve messed up? We’ve all been there, accidentally buying stuff that won’t fit us or our needs and then dreading going through a return process. Walmart Return Policy Without Box Or Opened Box can, very frankly, be a pain. They are overwhelmed and spilling with a bunch of terms and conditions.
Walmart has a standardized ninety-day policy. This means that a majority of items are eligible for return within ninety days. However, the policy has some exceptions, including electronic items and medical equipment. Generally, Walmart may not accept an open box item unless the item is damaged.
Walmart has a chain of supermarkets within the United States. Given their popularity, it is likely that many find themselves within return policies and exceptions. Here is a guide for you if you, too, are stuck figuring out the dos and don’ts of returning an item at Walmart. In this article let us see about Walmart Return Policy Without Box Or Opened Box.
Standard Return Policy
Walmart allows for the return of purchased items within 90 days of making the purchase. You can keep track of your purchase through your Walmart account. Log in to your Walmart account on Wamart.com and select ‘your order.’ A timeline of your recent orders will be made available to you.
However, the 90-day return policy only extends to items sold by Walmart and not to third-party sellers. You can return, exchange or get a refund for items sold by Walmart.
On the other hand, items bought from dealers and not directly from Walmart don’t qualify for a return.
Items are only eligible for a return if you have a valid receipt. If your payment receipt is missing, you will have to provide proof of your identity, that is, the government authorized cards, which can help double-check your profile saved in the Walmart database.
There are various ways in which you can ‘return’ your item, in such cases:
- Instead of demanding a refund, you can exchange your damaged good.
- Walmart only considers giving a refund if the purchased item costs less than $10. If it costs more, Walmart may compensate you with a gift card.
- In some instances, instead of a refund or exchange, they might offer to repair your item.
Where Can I ask for a return?
You can return damaged goods via mail or at your nearest Walmart store.
Refunds take place per your original method of payment. For credit or debit card payments, the store notes the following guidelines:
- Refunds to your credit or debit card will be visible within ten business days.
- All refunds are direct to the credit or debit card initially used to make the payment. In case of its unavailability, the refund transacts to your Walmart account.
However, fees related to Walmart’s financial service products are non-refundable.
Exceptions to the Return Policy
While the standardized Return Policy is easy enough to understand, it is, unfortunately, not universal. There are a number of items that are an exception to these policies and are hence, not eligible for a return. In most cases, these restrictions apply to luxury items.
Limited Return Period
Some items have a shorter return period due to the nature of that item and its lifespan.
- Mobile Phones: Wireless mobile phones and cellular phones have a return period of fourteen days.
- Electronics: Electronic items like hoverboards, electric scooters, or applecare+ plans are eligible for a return for thirty days after the initial payment. The purchase receipt needs to accompany the item at the time of return.
- Plants: Terrenial trees and selected plants are returnable for up to a year.
Everyday use items like garden equipment, tires, photograph framed, lights, etc., are eligible for the ninety-day return period. Personalized accessories with photograph prints are also not an exception to the standard return policy.
Exchange Only Items
Items like a mobile phone or other electronic items are only eligible for a return if they’re unopened. Once they’ve been opened and used, Walmart may only exchange the item for you instead of compensating you with cash.
Opened or without a box, the item is only eligible for an exchange.
- Funeral items: Items used for funerals, like caskets, are not eligible for a return. These items are also non-refundable once opened or used.
- Medical Equipment: Medical equipment is also not eligible for a return.
Items that are not eligible for Refund/ Return or Exchange
Some items can be neither returned nor exchanged due to their sensitive nature. Such items include:
- Fire and ammunition
- Pepper spray
- Sex toys
- Prescription medications
- Mounted and snow tires
- Hygienic medical equipment
- Air arms and soft guns
Returning an item isn’t really that complex. All it takes is a general understanding of a corporation’s policies and exceptions. Lucky for us, the return policy page for Walmart is comprehensible.
Their ninety-day standardized return policy is easy to follow. The exception stated in this article is not exhaustive. There are various exceptions that apply to all items. However, the standardized return policy is the most basic foundation and perfect for taking further steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is Walmart’s standardized return policy?
Walmart’s standardized return policy includes a ninety-day return period.
Q2. Can I return my mobile phone without a box?
No. Walmart will most likely not take a mobile phone that you purchased and used. They might offer you an exchange for the item in case it’s broken or damaged.
Q3. Can I return my prescription medicines?
Items like medications and firearms are sensitive. Walmart is unlikely to give you a refund for these items. They might, instead, provide an option for exchange.