Walmart has made a niche as a household name as a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores, which tend to a wide-ranging demand of shoppers. It is based out of Bentonville, Arkansas. It is focused on enhancing customer experience and creating value for customers and communities globally. It gives its customers the option to shop online as well as in-store. Let us know more detail about ‘What Gift Cards Does Walmart Sell?’.
What Gift Cards Does Walmart Sell?
It offers a large collection of gift cards to its customers. It has more than 105 different types of gift cards and third-party gift card brands from categories like travel, home decor, clothing, footwear, electronics, hospitality, etc. The more popular ones that can be found in-store are Starbucks, GameStop, Roblox, Chick-A-Fil, Kohl’s, and Fortnite. Stock and card denominations vary from store to store and the cards come in the range of $5 to $500 per card.
Different Categories: What Gift Cards Does Walmart Sell?
One can also buy e-gift cards that get delivered to the email address or get your physical card delivered or pick it up from the nearest store. It also has tie-ups with American Express serve cards, Walmart MoneyCard, and Paypal Prepaid Cash. The different categories of Gift Cards include;
- Department Stores
- Restaurant gift cards
- Gaming Gift Cards
- Entertainment (Movies, TV shows)
- Travel gift cards
- Prepaid Minutes gift Cards
- Lifestyle cards
Accepted Locations: What Gift Cards Does Walmart Sell?
The gift cards can be bought at every Walmart location and Sam’s Club in the U.S. and Puerto Rico or some Murphy fuel station locations. It can also be bought or used online on Walmart or SamsClub’s website.
Walmart Gift Card balance
The amount that is reflected as your balance is an estimate. The balance is adjusted immediately in most cases after purchase but sometimes the updated balance might get delayed for a certain period.
There are various ways to do this;
- Walk into the store and consult the cashier for the card balance.
- Customers can get It checked online.
- Call 1-888-537-5503 to get your balance checked.
Saving Gift Card Information
Five Walmart gift cards can be saved to a customer’s Walmart account. Unsaved cards can also be used by entering the PIN and card number at the time of purchase. Saving information does not mean that the amount will get redeemed but rather that it makes the card selection process easy by not having to enter the PIN and gift card number at the time of payment for a purchase.
Not for Promotional Use
Walmart’s gift cards can’t be used for marketing, advertising, or any other promotional activities. Some promotional sources may be;
- Newspaper and Magazines
- Direct mail
- Internet advertisements
Lost or Stolen Cards
According to the Terms and Conditions of Walmart Policy, stolen and lost cards won’t be replaced.
- Walmart is not responsible for a user’s lost or stolen card
- The customer is liable if their Walmart gift card is used by a third party through a Walmart account.
- The customer has the responsibility to maintain the security of their password and other credentials.
Return Policy of Gift Card
According to the official Walmart return policy, selling gift cards are non-refundable and not returnable. There are exceptions for the state of Colorado and California where it is possible to get a partial refund if you have a low balance on your gift card.
Prepaid Gift Cards
These cards cost an additional $5 and usually have prices ranging from $10 to $100.
- American Express. It is an MNC providing financial services worldwide. One can get Amex gift cards for a minimum amount of $10.
- Visa. It helps in the facilitation of the digital transfer of funds.it is one of the biggest card payment organizations globally. The denominations range from $10 to $100.
- Mastercard- It is also an American MNC whose gift cards are sold by Walmart.
Walmart also sells prepaid debit cards like Netspend, Go2Bank, and Walmart MoneyCard. These cards come in a variety of attractive patterns and graphics. They are also sold according to occasions like birthdays, weddings, and major holidays. It is one of the most popular customer-choice to buy gift cards because of the sheer amount of options that it provides. Since there is many options, customers are spoilt for choice, thus giving them a better option to choose from.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Que. Can Walmart Cards be bought online?
Ans. Yes, cards can be bought in-store as well as online.
- Que. Does Walmart sell Amazon gift cards?
Ans. No, it does not. Amazon gift cards can be bought from different stores like CVS, Kroger, Whole Foods Market, Walgreens, etc.
- Que. Can a customer order gift cards in bulk?
Ans. Yes, you can place orders in bulk through Walmart’s website.
- Que. Can money from a gift card be transferred to a debit card?
Ans. Users cannot transfer money to another gift card, credit card, or a debit card. The balance stays in the Walmart gift card only.