With almost two thousand locations across the United States, PetSmart is one of the leading pet supply retailers in the country. It offers products for canines, felines, and pocket pets. Let us know about “Does Petsmart Sell Cats And Kittens?”
Does Petsmart Sell Cats And Kittens?
Is it true, though, that PetSmart sells cats and kittens? Read on to gain full insight into the subject! Due to rising concerns over the welfare of animals and the increasing number of cats in shelters, no PetSmart shop sells live cats or kittens. However, PetSmart has an adoption program in place that encourages shoppers to seek out cats and kittens from shelters or rescues.
Reasons For PetSmart’s Reservation On Sales Of Live Cats And Kittens
Due to growing worries for the animals’ long-term health, PetSmart has decided to stop selling live cats, kittens, dogs, and puppies.
PetSmart’s top brass all agreed that people were buying dogs and cats on the sly for special occasions and then abandoning them at shelters, which was causing an overpopulation problem.
To help abandoned and abused animals find new homes, the company decided to make more room in its retail locations.
This benefits the adoptive families and the Pets they take home from PetSmart adoption centers by ensuring the animals’ continuing health and happiness.
How To Adopt Cats And Kittens Online At PetSmart?
A cat or kitten adoption from PetSmart requires the prospective parent to signify interest through an online interest registration. The following steps can be followed to successfully adopt a cat or kitten online:
- Visit PetSmart’s online Adoption Center.
- Choose ‘cats’ as your preferred pet type and enter your home zip code.
- Use the filters at the top of the page to choose a cat that fits your defined characteristics in terms of age, breed, gender, and hair length.
- Explore the available kittens and cats in your locality.
- To read more about the cats and kittens that catch your eye, click on the “learn more” button.
- You should read their “My Story” section to make sure the cat’s personality and care needs are a good fit for you.
- Then, select the “Ask About this Pet” tab to show your interest.
- In certain cases, you may also be given the adoption organization’s email address or phone number, which you may use to get in touch with them right away.
After that, the Adoption Center will let you know whether or not they believe you’d make a suitable cat parent and provide any other details you need to move through with the adoption.
Cats And Kittens’ In-Store Adoption Policy And Process At PetSmart
Most locations of PetSmart offer a special section for cat adoptions. This means you may inquire about adopting a kitten or cat at any PetSmart location that has an adoption center.
Follow these steps to adopt a kitten or Cat from a PetSmart outlet near you:
- Locate a PetSmart store that features an adoption facility.
- Call the shop to inquire about available adoptions.
- Visit the store and inform a member of the staff of your want to adopt a cat.
- The employees at the adoption facility will aid you in perusing and picking potential options.
- In their “meet and greet” playrooms, they can arrange a bonding and meeting session if the kitten or cat is available.
- Adoption papers and insurance information will need to be gathered when you and the staff are both pleased.
- The adoption staff at your local PetSmart may then provide you a tentative date by which you may bring your new feline friend home.
PetSmart also hosts special adoption events where you may meet adoptable animals. Take the National Adoption Weekend, for instance, which consistently ranks as one of their busiest times of the year.
Did PetSmart Ever Sell Kittens Or Cats In-Store?
PetSmart has never sold live kittens or cats in any of its store locations. However, PetSmart did sell live rabbits and bunnies in their stores until the end of 2007, when they discontinued the practice.
PetSmart still sells live small animals, which include rats, hamsters, chinchillas, and gerbils. On PetSmart’s website, you can find a complete list of the tiny animals that are still available for purchase.
Does PetSmart Vaccinate Before Giving Cats Out For Adoption?
Cats may be adopted at PetSmart thanks to the store’s partnership with animal shelters and rescue groups. All cats and kittens at shelters and rescues should be up-to-date on their vaccinations before adoption.
Before adopting a cat from PetSmart, you may want to inquire about its medical history. The attendants will know whether or not a cat has been vaccinated, or they might be able to find out by getting in touch with the shelter where the cat was originally rescued.
If you haven’t gotten your cat vaccinated yet, you should know that PetSmart also hosts vaccination clinics. Before you adopt a cat, you should make arrangements for vaccinations and a checkup.
Cats and kittens cannot be purchased as live pets at PetSmart. Instead, PetSmart works with the nation’s top adoption facilities to find permanent homes for cats and kittens in shelters or that have been abandoned. Pet adoptions can be completed in person or online.
All around the United States, PetSmart has teamed up with several animal welfare organizations to showcase adoptable pets from their respective facilities.
What is the Cost of Adoption at PetSmart?
Before adopting a cat from PetSmart, it is impossible to estimate the precise adoption cost. The adoption price for each cat will vary based on PetSmart’s location, the shelter’s location, the shelter type, and the cat’s age.
Does PetSmart Provide Health Care for Cats and Kittens?
PetSmart has extensive health care facilities and products in all its retail outlets.
What is National Adoption Weekend at PetSmart?
The national adoption weekend is a unique event held four times a year by PetSmart. It is designed to find permanent homes for shelter Pets, including cats, dogs, rabbits, and reptiles.