Resignation letters make your leaving easier and comfortable. First impressions are good, but how you finish holds greater weight in anything you do.
He that finishes well is cherished and remembered with love and honor.
A good resignation letter gives you the power to control your reputation and gives liberty to design what you want them to think about you.
Will they hold you dear in their hearts of heart or just forget about you the moment you are out of their sight?
The way you present your resignation letter will determine what kind of reputation you leave behind in the heart of the congregation, pastor, and leaders.
It helps you leave a positive impression throughout the process of your exit.
Here are some bullet-points to remember what a resignation does for an individual:-
It shows our intention, the reason for leaving, and our plans for the transition period both before and after the transition period, however, the after transition plan depends on the individual’s choice.
We must do gracefully any exit. Resigning properly is the way to do it.
- Firstly, we do not want to surprise our seniors with the news so we request a meeting, it may be through an email or phone, whatever works the best in your work, use that mode of communication. It’s best to discuss such a topic face-to-face.
- Disclose the date of your last day at work. This makes it easier for your seniors to work out the process of your smooth resignation.
- Return all the church belongings. Doing so shows your care and respect for the place. Also, most of the churches rely on their staff goodwill gestures for a smooth operation so we may as well do our part and not add extra burden on the church in our careless ways.
Now that we have gone through the details of how to resign, let us look into the major part that is how to write a resignation letter.
A resignation letter comprises a header, introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Header:- it includes the date, we address the contact details to whom the letter is addressed.
- Introduction:- inform the superior of your intent to leave the church, specify the last potential date you’re able to work, and a brief statement explaining the decision to leave.
- Body:- Reason for leaving (mention in detail), show positivity while explaining the reason, tell them how you feel about leaving the church (optional).
- Conclusion:- offer help in helping to fill the position, offer to cooperate with the church for a peaceful transition, must radiate overall positivity in the letter.
The sole purpose of writing a good resignation letter is to leave on a wonderful note so that it does not leave you with bad referrals and damage your chances in the future. A good resignation is like leaving a good paper trail for your future endeavors.
Here is the church resignation sample letter:-
123, Churchland road.
Church City, NY 54321.
Dear Pastor Smith,
I would like to bring to your notice that I’ll be leaving the position of church worship leader because of my marriage, which is in two months. I am giving you my two weeks’ notice starting from today. My last day of work will be 22Aug 2021.
As you know, I am struggling to keep up with planning the wedding along with the worship activities of the church. I am a firm believer in giving my hundred percent in whatever I do and the circumstances I found myself in are not allowing me to do that.
I hold you and the congregation and the staff with utmost gratitude and honor, and this has not been a straightforward decision to make.
I will always cherish the time spent in the river of life church and would continue to attend church as a faithful member, but my role as a worship leader has ended.
Please count me in if you require my help with the selection of a suitable replacement.
May 11, 2021.
Spirit of faith church
77, parkway Avenue
Dear pastor Roughton,
I am writing to inform you about my official resignation letter as a youth pastor, effective two weeks from today (25th May 2021). I have the best five years of my life spent in this church as a youth pastor.
Under your guidance and leadership, I have a tremendous opportunity to work in the lives of the youths, for that, I will be forever grateful. However, my time with the spirit of faith church has come to a close.
As God has impressed in my heart to move to India and start a church. The thought of starting a church is a challenge in itself, but God has led me to take this path. I am grateful for your mentorship and guidance towards me all these years. Without it, I know I won’t be equipped to carry forward with this vision that God has assigned me.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and tell you I will always treasure you and the congregation. I will miss my church family and it is an emotional moment for me to bid my farewell. After all, this is my home church as well.
Please let me know if I could be of any help during the transitional phase. It would delight me to be of help for a smooth transition.
23 April 2021
New life church
123, main street.
Any town, CA-12545
Dear pastor James,
I want to let you know that I am leaving my position as a deacon in the church. My last date is on May 7. This news may be sudden for you and the congregation but circumstances have left me no choice.
As you know, I always had the heart to serve in the Evangelical missions as I have the call of God for field ministry. My call of God to Africa has come to fruition after many prayers and seeking the will of God in this field. So, even though the church board is requesting me to continue to serve in the church, I cannot as the call of God is stronger and I have to follow it as a good soldier of Christ.
I will always carry the deepest love and appreciation for this church. I am profoundly grateful that I had at least a small part in telling the word of God in this church and I pray that God will continue to bless this church.