Over the past decade, Amazon has become a household name with its plethora of services. With their Prime membership service, they have been able to create a brand that is at once convenient and affordable for its members. Amazon has been around for nearly 20 years and has grown into one of the most recognizable brands in the world. However, it wasn’t until 2014 that Amazon began offering its customers free two-day shipping with a membership called Amazon Prime, it is a subscription service that offers free shipping, instant streaming of movies and TV shows, and access to the Kindle Owner’s Lending Library. Read more about Amazon Prime Video.
Now if you want to watch movies online, there is Amazon prime video that can cater to your specific needs. You can watch movies, or you can even buy the latest film releases for a reasonable price. Amazon Prime Video is one of the most famous streaming services available today. With a growing list of original programming and numerous ways to access the service, Amazon Prime is now a force in Hollywood as it now produces its content. Amazon Prime Video has a lot going for it: a huge catalog of movies and TV series, hundreds of exclusive titles, and an ever-growing stable of original programming.
These streaming services have changed our way of consuming content and over the last decade, have created a system of content specially created for the platform. Amazon Prime Video is a streaming service Amazon that offers a selection of films, television programs, and other video content. The service was announced on September 25, 2011. It offers Amazon Prime members the ability to stream instantly through their TVs for no additional cost as part of an Amazon Prime membership, or directly from the web using a computer’s Internet connection.
Prime Video is available in many different resolutions including 4K with HDR support, 5.1 Dolby Digital audio, with Dolby Atmos coming soon.
How to access 4K content?
If you want to access 4k content then you’ll have to need a 4K display that supports it. Amazon offers a massive number of TV shows and movies in 4K, and their library continues to grow over time. Amazon gives 4K content to their subscribers without charging an additional fee. That’s in comparison to Netflix, which calls for you to enroll in its Premium service to get 4K materials. Now if you want to find 4K content, there are many ways to get them. The simplest manner is to type 4K in the search bar. This may be a bit demanding to navigate through a large list. The best way is that you can filter 4K content within the search result. Open the prime application and search for your content in the search bar then in the filter panel on your screen, click on the “4K Ultra High Definition” You will now only see results that are in 4K.
History of Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video is a streaming service that offers a massive amount of TV shows, movies, and documentaries. It was first launched as Amazon Unbox in the United States on September 7, 2006. In 2008 Amazon moved away from the Unbox branding, converting to the term “video on demand.” Video on demand is an industry trendy phrase, so possibly Amazon used it. The company eventually expanded its services to other countries such as the United Kingdom, Germany, and Japan. In 2011, the company was renamed Amazon Instant Video and added access to over 5,000 movies and TV episodes for members of Amazon Prime. In 2015 the word instant was removed and it was simply titled Amazon Video which was later come to be known as prime video. The logo design was also changed from green to a light blue one.
Features of Amazon Prime Video
- You can download all our content on your device for later viewing. It started back in the year 2013 and was, at the time, only available on Kindle branded tablets. Today, you could download Prime Video content material on any Fire, Android, or iOS device.
- It also provides interesting trivia on any movie or TV show you’re watching. The information is pulled from IMDB which is owned by Amazon.
- You can also screen-cast your content from your phone to any TV screen with just a few clicks. Content can be easily paused and resumed at any time.
- There are parental controls available with which you can easily restrict certain content for a certain audience.
- There is also Purchase Restriction with which you can altogether restrict the purchase of any content you want.
- The appearance of your subtitles can also be easily customized to any style or color you want.
- There is also a recommendation engine designed by Amazon which can give you some decent recommendations.