New year celebration is celebrated on the advent of another year. It is a day of exhilaration and happiness. It is a culture that commemorates the end of the previous year and the beginning of the new year. People worldwide celebrate the happiness of the new year, although people have different traditions, customs, cultures the feeling of a new year is the same all over the world. Keep reading the article to have some awesome new year wishes for your loved ones.
Mythological aspect of New Year:
Roman dictator Julius Caesar, after coming into power he formed the calendar in the late century BCE. After this, he instituted January 1st as the first day of the year because he wanted to honor the month’s namesake: double Janus, the Roman God of beginnings. The Roman God this constituted with two faces which indicated that the first phase looks back into the past and the second phase looks forward into the future. So, January 1st is such a time that marks the end of the previous year which is past, and the advent of the new year which is the future.
Types of New Year Celebration around the globe:
As soon as the clock tickles to 12’o clock at midnight on 31st December, the world enters into the beginning of the new and prosperous year. It is celebrated around the globe differently. Due to differences in the time zones, different places hit the celebration time differently but despite these differences, New year is celebrated with enthusiasm as it is marked with a new beginning in everyone’s life and also traditionalized that this day brings fortune, success, and prosperity in all lives.
- INDIA: India has a different way of celebrating the new year. As India is often attributed as unity in diversity, this can be seen in its culture that different regions have a different way of celebrating their cultures and new year. The new year in India varies from region to region and from date to date. India’s new year is celebrated majorly at the time of harvesting crops. People from different parts of India celebrate the new year with enthusiasm and heartfulness. The people wear new clothes, do fun-filled activities like dancing, singing, by going to picnic with family or two movie theatre. They also greet people and wish them a prosperous year ahead.
- Maharashtra: Gudi Padwa, is an occasion when people of Maharashtra celebrate their new year. It is a springtime festival that symbolizes the victory of Shalivahan over the rebellious shakas and Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj over his enemies. A ‘Gudi’ isn’t impressive silk Saudi or a cloth which is attached or tied to a stick with a low to on the top, and then this goody is decorated with garlands off mango leaves. The people also decorate their house’s doorsteps with torrent or red flowers or a rangoli.
- Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana: The new year celebration of Karnataka, Andra Pradesh, and Telangana is known as Ugadi or Yugadi. This festival is marked with new beginnings so people buy new things, new clothes and celebrate the onset of a new and prosperous year. In this festival, the people of these areas prepare a traditional sweet and sweet syrup often referred to as Pachadi occasionally made with raw mangoes and neem leaves, it’s served with the Ugadi meal.
- Punjab or North India: People of north India often celebrate the new year with the harvest of its crop. In Punjab this festival is known as Baisakhi which begins with the first day of the month of the Vaishakh, it is one of the most auspicious festivals of Sikhs in which they celebrate it by eating or doing the bhangra.
- CHINA: China celebrates its new year during the last Jan video or mid-February. This country’s people celebrate the onset of the new year by burning plastic firecrackers. On this day the China St is very crowded with breeds of dancing Dragons, lions which represent wealth, endurance in the future life. They give money to their family members or relatives in a red envelope, with their families members’ names written in gold because red is a color of prosperity, life, health, etc.
- JAPAN: New Year or Shogatsu is the most auspicious day for all the Japanese and is also an important holiday for them so that the people can spend time with their friends and family. Japan’s new year begins during the first week of January and the celebration lasts for the entire week. They celebrate this festival in a traditional style by decorating with pine, plum twigs, and bamboo. The eve is marked by ringing all the bells in the country 108 times and this symbolizes the beginning of cleanliness and neatness into the new year. In this festival also the people give envelopes filled with money or gifts to the near or dear ones.
- BRAZIL: Brazil’s new year is different from any other country’s New Year’s Eve, the people of Brazil jump in the water over seven different waves and make a wish during all the jump. This is considered a stroke of good luck for a new year, In addition to this, they also burn firecrackers, eat lentils wear white clothes unborn life-sized dolls with face masks.
- CHILE: In Chile, the people celebrate New Year’s Eve by spending time not with the living family members but the person or a family member who departed from this world. They spend time sleeping at the cemetery of the deceased loved one at night. The next day, they celebrate the eve by burning eye-catching fireworks and enjoying snacks and drinks, next to the graves of their loved ones.
- CANADA: The people of this country often visited Niagara Falls to enjoy the countdown by country famous landmarks. They embrace the day by celebrating it with their family members and friends and having drinks, music, Dancing, fireworks, etc they also go to freezing water to raise money for charities.
- MEXICO: Mexicans often believe that the new year is the time for renewal, and to mark this as remarkable they throw buckets of water out of their house windows and open the first door to sweep out the water, symbolizing the passing of the old year.
- SOUTH AFRICA: South Africa go with the out with the old and in with the new tradition. During the eve, it’s a tradition over there to throw old furniture out of the window and bring in new furniture symbolizing the coming of prosperity and happiness. The place called Cape Town holds a carnival with face painting, dancing, singing, etc and they also celebrate it by burning crackers.
- NIGERIA: The party in Nigeria lasts for 20 days and they celebrate it with friends and families by exchanging wishes and gifts and offering prayers in the holy places. There are also masquerades parties, carnival, and Lagos countdown the people of the country dress in animal masks and dance with full energy on the street. They believe that this day is considered the onset of cheerfulness and good luck.
AUSTRALIA: It’s a tradition in Australia to celebrate New Year’s Eve when the sun is shining brightly. The most auspicious time on the eve is the lightning of the Sydney Harbor. On this day they visit their family and friends, attend carnivals, fares, parades, etc.
- DENMARK: The people of Denmark gather at one place to celebrate the occasion of the new year. There is a tradition to listen to the Queen’s speech and then go towards the royal palace in Copenhagen where the citizens wait for the clocks to chime to 12. there’s also a tradition of breaking the unused plates and standing on the top of the chairs and jumping over them.
- SPAIN: In Spain, people enjoy New Year’s Eve with grapes and it’s a tradition to eat 12 grapes one by one add the midnight. There is also a belief that if a person manages to put all the 12 grapes in his or her mouth, their wishes will come true.
TYPES OF NEW YEAR WISHES:
- VIRTUAL WISHES: This is a kind of wish which is in an online mode through messages, calls, video calling, online cards, etc. The other type of wish is a virtual wish, because of the covid 19 scenario we all know that meeting in person can be very difficult so the people who cannot meet in this way, try to show their appearance in online mode or virtual mode by phone calls, conference calls or video calling. They also send gifts like cards, photo frames, etc via posts or online delivery methods to their loved ones. If some people have to wish their colleagues they can send them a beautifully edited mail wishing them and their family a Happy and delightful new year.
- IN-PERSON WISHES: It is a type of wish in which a person visits another person’s place and wishes them by giving them an envelope or a card or a gift. The people who live nearby or in the reach can easily come and meet their close or loved ones to give them a proper new year wish, hugs, and gifts as per their choices. People decorate their houses with glitter lights, they also burn firecrackers as a symbol of a new and fresh start leaving their mistakes behind. They also get sweets as a kind gesture towards their guests and also buy gifts for children, old age, and middle-aged people. There can be different types of gifts as for children there are chocolates, toys, sweets, etc. For middle-aged people, there can be personalized gifts. For gifting to families there can be different kinds of cakes like Designer Cakes, Photo Cakes, Fruit Cakes according to their tastes. Lovers can gift each other flowers like Roses, Lilies, Orchids, or Flower Bouquets.
Now, New years has also a very important part which is known as taking resolutions which is almost common in every part of the world. It means to take a pledge or promise to ourselves to do something good, different than the past, and which makes a positive change in one’s life. Some of the most taken resolutions are – Exercising daily, brushing teeth daily, Waking up early, etc.
NEW YEAR WISHES:
We have been listening to the happy new year from use and years and generation to generation but with changing time we must change the way we wish anyone on some auspicious day. The start of a new year brings a lot of expectations and opportunities in one’s life so, it must start with a positive note. Welcome in the new year by sending energetic, positive, optimistic messages to your new and dear ones in this era. The motive of these messages’ quotes, wishes, the greeting should be to bring positive ideas and the ray of hope in someone’s life and express an optimistic idea that better days are coming ahead.
NEW YEAR WISHES TO SEND TO YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS, FRIENDS, COLLEAGUES:
- Kudos to the new year! May the coming year bring happiness to your life.
- May this year bring a lot of happiness, prosperity, wealth, and success in your and your family’s life.
- Wishing you a very healthy and wealthy happy new year.
- Wishing you a very exciting new year ahead and remember to delve into all the adventures and explore all the things you have been craving for.
- Years will pass, time will fade but the love I have for you is everlasting and it will never fade away. Wishing you a year full of love and happiness.
- May this year brighten your life with cheerfulness and short is all darkness from your life. Happy new year my friend!
- Wishing you a year full of hopes and aspirations, excitement, and happiness. I wish you achieve your goal and be a successful person in your life.
- Let’s celebrate the new year by making new resolutions for a better life. Wishing you and your family an awesome year ahead.
- May this year bring a smile to your face and your family members’ face.
- Wishing you a happy, healthy, and wealthy new year ahead.
- The past year has brought many memories good and bad and I hope that the coming year brings in more memories with itself and makes her bond stronger. Happy new year my dearest friend.
INSPIRATIONAL AND MOTIVATIONAL NEW YEAR WISHES:
- Happy new year! Note that the coming year will be a book of 365 blank pages in which you have to fill all the good things and all the positive vibes.
- May this year prove to be the best year of your life. Meet all your aims are achieved and your plans are fulfilled. Have a blasting year ahead.
- A new year brings with it 365 days with 365 opportunities, wishing you to grab all the opportunities and make this year count.
- Wishing you were here filled with happiness and strength to overcome all the obstacles of your life.
- Life is full of ups and downs, wishing you a year where you only face the up part of life, and even though if you have to face the down phase, be brave and confident to tackle that problem. Have a strength full year ahead.
- The new year brings new strength and new opportunities so, I wish you a year full of opportunities. Remember that if opportunities do not knock at your door, then build a door for yourself.
- May this new year bring with it new changes in your life and proves to be a year where you can find yourself and create yourself.
- The new year is a fresh and a clean start, it’s like having a big white paper with nothing written on it and you have 365 days to write the achievements you earned during the coming year.
- Wishing you 12 months of success, 52 weeks of joy, 365 days of laughter, 8760 hours of happiness, 525600 minutes off optimism, and 3153 6000 seconds of prosperity. Happy new year.
- It’s never too late to start and to be happy so, make a kick start and make this year’s upcoming year a meaningful one. happy new year.
- I wish you a year full of opportunities knocking at your door.
- The new year will be a year full of different experiences different aspirations and different parts of life so, live this year to its fullest with welcoming new and positive vibes in your life.
- Cheers to the upcoming new year! But never forget that we should learn from the past and never forget the lesson from the older year.
- Mistakes are part and parcel of life but with the onset of the new year, we should resolve that we will not repeat the mistakes we did and never fear to do mistakes in the present or future. Wishing you a new year where you will not be fearful to do mistakes.
- Never underestimate the power of yourself, take decisions of your life in a new direction with the coming of the new year.
- The new year will be a time for you to do and become a better person than in your past. May this year gives you the strength to wish and accomplish your goals and aims.
- With every new year comes obstacles and challenges in your life, I wish that you be brave enough to shorter all the obstacles and accomplish your wish or goals.
- May the positive vibes of the surroundings always be with you and you lead a positive life ahead. May this year bring positivity to your life.
NEW YEAR WISHES WITH BLESSINGS:
- May this year bring joy and happiness to your life and bless you with all prosperities and strength.
- Wishing you a blessed new year ahead.
- May God brings joy and peace to you and your family’s life this year.
- May this year create a better version of yours and bring out the newer soul in you.
- May you leave a blessed and prosperous year ahead. May God’s guiding light led you to the right path of your life.
- Praying for a blissful and prosperous year ahead. Happy new year to you and your family!
- May God bless you and your family with good health and a sound mind. Happy new year!
- Wishing you a joyous happy new year and send you bundles of prayers and greetings to you and your family.
- Every day is a blessing and should be embraced with a whole heart. This new year makes it a resolution to embrace each day with happiness and gratitude.
- May God showers you and your family with all success, happiness, and immense joy on this new year.
FUNNY AND JOVIAL NEW YEAR WISHES:
- Live your life upon New Year’s Eve because you have got the whole year live it down.
- Make all the problems in your life remains for as long as my new resolutions for this year last. happy new year!
- Happy new year! Let us eat and be merry on New Year’s Eve and diet from the other day.
- Hey, fellows with a heavy heart, I wish you a happy new year but with that same old hectic life.
- I wish that you do not end up breaking your new resolution this year for a lame and peculiar reason. Happy new year my home friend.
SHORT AND PRECISE NEW YEAR WISHES:
- Cheers to the new year!
- May this year bring new memories ahead!
- Celebrating the new year with new beginnings and no regrets.
- May this year be a blessing to you. Happy new year.
- Cheers to the next chapter of your life. Happy new year.
- Wishing you a very happy new year, have a skin plating new year!
- New year, new adventures, new exploration.
- Welcome the future with an open heart. Happy new year.
- May each day of the coming year bring happiness to your life. Happy new year.
- Goodbye to the old year and welcome to the new year.
- Have a prosperous and joyous new year.
- Time flies and it can’t be believed that another year has arrived. Happy new year.
- May the new year be a promising year full of hopes for tomorrow.
- May all the troubles from your life vanish and you lead a prosperous life ahead.
The new year is a time where everyone leaves the old things behind and starts with a new beginning with a new vibe in their mind. So, this article accumulates all the kinds of wishes that you can send to your near or dear ones.