Founded in 1986, Journeys is a fashion retail chain that deals with branded footwear, clothing, and fashion accessories. Be it finding fashionable footwear, trendy clothes, or new styles, Journeys got your fashion covered. It is one of the few retail chains with stores across all 50 states in the US, catering to the fashion needs of teenagers.
Journeys is a subsidiary of Genesco Company with five other retail brands operating under it. With over 1100 locations in the US, the company is focused on understanding its customers and fulfilling its footwear fashion trends. This article answers the question: do Journeys have an in-store pickup?
To make shopping more convenient for its users, many stores added the option of in-store picking. This option allows the customers to select and pay for their order online and collect it from stores.While most retailers offer in-store pickup options for their customers, this isn’t the case with Journeys. The Journeys website doesn’t mention any in-store pickup policy. Furthermore, the in-store pickup policy is restricted to only very few Journeys stores. Its store situated inside Chandler Fashion Center is one to mention. However, most of its stores do not support in-store pickup.
Shipping Options Offered by Journeys
Though Journeys doesn’t offer in-store pickup, they have several shipping options to make shopping convenient for its customers.
Journeys offer free shipping and hassle-free 365 days returns. Once the customer places an order, it takes about 1-2 business days to get processed. Order processing includes verification of payment information and preparing the order for shipment. Orders placed before 10 AM CT get processed on the same day.
Let us take a look at the various shipping options offered by Journeys:
- Free Shipping– The order that opted for free shipping or ground shipping takes about three to five business days to get delivered after the day of processing it. Free shipping is only applicable for domestic orders and is governed by the company’s policies.
- Next Day Air Shipping– By paying a shipping fee of $22.95, customers can opt for next-day air shipping that gets shipped on the same day if ordered before 10 AM CT. However, this option is unavailable for orders placed during weekends.
- 2-3 Day Air– Customers who can’t wait long enough for their order to get delivered can opt for 2-3 day air shipping by paying $13.95. Orders that opted for this shipping option get delivered within 2-3 business days after the day of processing.
- For orders to be shipped to Hawaii, Journeys charges $13.95 for shipping and takes about 2-3 business days to get delivered.
- It charge a nominal fee of $4.95 for shipping to APO/FPO/AE/CMR locations, and it takes about 30-45 business days for the order to get delivered.
- In the case of gift cards, virtual gift cards get delivered within an hour of the transaction, while it takes 7-10 business days for physical gift cards to be delivered.
There are certain limitations to Journeys’ shipping policy. Certain places do not fall under the company’s policy, and shipping to these places is currently unavailable. Here’s what is excluded from the company’s shipping policy-
- Journeys’ website doesn’t offer international shipping
- It don’t ship to global freight forwarding companies and hotels
- Its shipping is unavailable for the following US Territories- US Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, Northern Mariana Islands, Guam, and other small outlying islands
Journeys, operating under Genesco Company, is a fashion retail chain catering to the needs of the young population. With over 1100 stores in the US alone, the fast-fashion chain is one of the very few retailers across all 50 states in the US.
The company has numerous shipping options to make shopping convenient for its customers. However, It doesn’t offer in-store pickup in most of its locations, leaving its customers with limited options, especially for those who come from places that do not fall under its shipping policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the payment methods accepted by Journeys?
As of 2022, It accepts all payments made using major credit cards, Apple Pay, PayPal, Venmo, Google Pay, Klarna, gift cards including Journeys, Visa, Discover, and American Express. Currently, the fashion retail chain doesn’t accept cash on delivery for any orders.
What is the minimum hiring age at Journeys?
A person needs to be at least 16 years old to work at Journeys.
How do Journeys pay its employees?
The salary payment depends on the management and the location of the store, which differs from place to place. For example, while most Journeys locations pay all their employees biweekly, certain stores pay them every week. To receive the paycheck, employees require a payment card supplied to them upon their joining.
Do Journeys have free returns?
Journeys offer 365 day free returns only if the order is unused and has an original invoice. Customers can return/exchange their orders in-store or via mail. However, the refund amount does not cover shipping fees.