The famous Stanley Steemer is a famous cleaning firm that includes carpet cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, upholstery cleaning, and hardwood floor cleaning. Water damage treatment with a line of cleaning goods for home and office use. Let us find out Does Stanley Steemer gets rid of bed bugs?
Do you know in 1947, it was created in Dublin and since then it has been a major carpet cleaning company for 70 years, with its headquarters still in Dublin.
It was started with one man, a van, and a vision to be the best, then seventy years later Stanley Steemer becomes the leading residential and commercial cleaning company. This company also manufactures its equipment, trains its technicians, and delivers exceptional service to its customers.
What are their specialties?
Their specialties include the following:
- Cleaning Service
- Water Damage Restoration
- Air Duct Cleaning
- Hardwood Floor Refinishing
- Flooring Sales and Installation
What is a red bug? How does Stanley Steemer get rid of it?
Red bug, also known as Stainer, Firebug, or Pyrrhocorid Bug, is an insect belonging to the Pyrrhocoridae family (order Heteroptera), which includes over 300 species. The red bug is a gregarious, plant-feeding insect that is usually found in the tropics and subtropics. It has an oval form with vivid red color. Its length varies from 8 to 18 mm (0.3 to 0.7 inches).
How does Stanley Steemer Work?
Following are the steamer’s manufacturer’s instructions which are followed by the experts of Stanley Steemer:
Steam is the most effective method to get rid of these bugs and Stanley Steemer does the same to keep their work in a very effective way for destroying bed bugs at all phases of growth. Here, all phases mean the growth stage of bugs. One should keep in mind that the steamer they use is very much different because this is totally different from the steam that we use to steam our clothes at home so it is a fact that it will definitely not work for bed insect treatment also a carpet cleaning machine should not be used.
- A bed bug steamer’s thermometer: The experts use a bed bug steamer’s thermometer, and in order to use it they connect the steam wand to a triangular nozzle. We also use the floor nozzle will work as well, but it works in a slow manner and this is an effective method so one can repeat this process a few times. And this method only kills bed bugs that are exposed to the heat; any bed bugs that are not exposed to the steam will live.
What are the precautions one should consider while steaming?
Steam is useful, it may also be hazardous, so it becomes necessary to take precautions while using a steamer, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Always read and comprehend the steamer’s instruction handbook which is provided by the manufacturer.
- When refilling the machine and utilizing the steam wand, remember that the steam is under pressure.
- The steam will be extremely hot, reaching temperatures of 212-230°F. Because this can result in burns, never use the steamer with children and always direct the steam away from oneself.
- Always test steam on an unnoticed area first, as some textiles may be harmed. Always steam microfiber fabrics in the direction of the microfibre.
- When you first turn on your steamer or after it hasn’t been used for a while, it may spit out hot water.
Bed bugs are pests that can reside in almost every room of the house. They may dwell in furniture crevices or any cloth, including upholstered furniture. Infestations of bed bugs are most common in mattresses, box springs, and bed frames. The most active time for bed bugs is at night. While a person is sleeping, these bugs may bite any exposed parts of the skin. So, it is important to take the service from Service Steemer to get rid of the red bugs.
Q-1) How did bed bugs find their way into my house?
Answer) The bed bugs can find their way into our houses by being transported from contaminated areas or secondhand furniture. As these bugs are smaller in size so they adjust to things like luggage, handbags, backpacks, and also in multi-unit structures, such as apartment complexes and hotels, they can migrate across rooms.
Q-2) How can I keep bed bugs out of my house?
Answer) When staying in a hotel, instead of putting your bag on the bed or the floor, put it on a suitcase stand. Maintain a safe distance between the rack and any walls or furnishings, also when you get home, wash your clothing and put them in the dryer on high to reduce the chances of getting bugs. Before bringing new or secondhand furniture inside, inspect it. Look for hidden treasures in seams, tufts, and under cushions.